University of New Mexico 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
retiree

Re: University of New Mexico 2011

Postby retiree » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 pm

NewLobo wrote:
retiree wrote: and the USPS service in ABQ has been at the bottom of the list for taking up to 3 days to mail right here in town!

Hey now, we are not that bad. :wink:

Do you work for the USPS? :wink:
I am just going by the fact I often get mail postmarked (not metered) 3 days after the fact.

lobowannabe

Postby lobowannabe » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 pm

firemed wrote:
lobowannabe wrote:I'm still here. Got my wait-list notice this afternoon in the mail. Not sure about much more right now. I haven't actually seen the letter yet. My husband read it to me over the phone. I'll probably call the school and see how far they typically go on the wait list and where I'm at on it. Not sure if they will tell me or not, but it is worth a try.

It is worth a try. When you actually get them on the phone I have noticed they are very good about providing information. Like I told nstiver, since there is less than 50 people on the waitlist, I bet you have a good shot.

Did you apply anywhere else? I forgot if you mentioned that.

No. Only UNM. It is the only place that I could realistically do with the familiy.

firemed

Postby firemed » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 pm

lobowannabe wrote:
firemed wrote:
lobowannabe wrote:I'm still here. Got my wait-list notice this afternoon in the mail. Not sure about much more right now. I haven't actually seen the letter yet. My husband read it to me over the phone. I'll probably call the school and see how far they typically go on the wait list and where I'm at on it. Not sure if they will tell me or not, but it is worth a try.

It is worth a try. When you actually get them on the phone I have noticed they are very good about providing information. Like I told nstiver, since there is less than 50 people on the waitlist, I bet you have a good shot.

Did you apply anywhere else? I forgot if you mentioned that.

No. Only UNM. It is the only place that I could realistically do with the familiy.

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!

NewLobo

Postby NewLobo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 pm

retiree wrote:
NewLobo wrote:
retiree wrote: and the USPS service in ABQ has been at the bottom of the list for taking up to 3 days to mail right here in town!

Hey now, we are not that bad. :wink:

Do you work for the USPS? :wink:
I am just going by the fact I often get mail postmarked (not metered) 3 days after the fact.

I do. But hey, I am not a fan of us either.

kc0iet

Postby kc0iet » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, my letter dated April 19th finally arrived today...

DING!

At least I know. I really feel for you on the wait list. I don't think I could take more waiting! LOL!

Best of luck to all of you!

I did get an offer for the Summer Law Screening program at USD (that's South Dakota, not San Diego), but I think I will accept my one offer at TSU and be happy with that.

firemed

Postby firemed » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 pm

kc0iet wrote:Well, my letter dated April 19th finally arrived today...

DING!

At least I know. I really feel for you on the wait list. I don't think I could take more waiting! LOL!

I did get an offer for the Summer Law Screening program at USD (that's South Dakota, not San Diego), but I think I will accept my one offer at TSU and be happy with that.

Sorry to hear...

Good luck and take care!

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

kc0iet wrote:Well, my letter dated April 19th finally arrived today...

DING!

Sorry to hear that kc0iet. Are you going to be applying next year, or do you have another school lined up? I might be there with you if you re-apply If I dont get in, I am going to try to bump up my lsat score, that seems like the only thing that would be holding you back; you have great grades and come from a nice UG!

lobowannabe

Postby lobowannabe » Tue May 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Has anyone come across information about UNM's waitlist? What percentage of applicants placed on the waitlist are actually given an offer? When do offers finally go out to those on the waitlist? Do they hold them and do them in groups or as they come in? The website said they don't rank the list. I'm beginning to think the waitlist is even worse than a rejection.

jeffreymabq

Postby jeffreymabq » Wed May 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Kind of quiet around here. Anyone else going to the reception on June 10?

firemed

Postby firemed » Thu May 19, 2011 11:34 am

lobowannabe wrote:Has anyone come across information about UNM's waitlist? What percentage of applicants placed on the waitlist are actually given an offer? When do offers finally go out to those on the waitlist? Do they hold them and do them in groups or as they come in? The website said they don't rank the list. I'm beginning to think the waitlist is even worse than a rejection.

Sorry, I don't know.

firemed

Postby firemed » Thu May 19, 2011 11:34 am

jeffreymabq wrote:Kind of quiet around here. Anyone else going to the reception on June 10?

Probably.

gostros

Postby gostros » Sat May 21, 2011 11:38 am

I think I'll be going to that reception. I wasn't accepted before the one in April, so I might as well check this one out.

firemed

Postby firemed » Sun May 22, 2011 2:33 pm

gostros wrote:I think I'll be going to that reception. I wasn't accepted before the one in April, so I might as well check this one out.

Nice to meet you. Looking forward to meeting you in person though. :D

gostros

Postby gostros » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

firemed wrote:
gostros wrote:I think I'll be going to that reception. I wasn't accepted before the one in April, so I might as well check this one out.

Right back at you. My name's Drew, brown hair, beard. Is anyone bringing a guest? Not sure if I should bring my girlfriend or if she'd be the only non-student there. It's casual dress right?

firemed

Postby firemed » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

gostros wrote:
firemed wrote:

Right back at you. My name's Drew, brown hair, beard. Is anyone bringing a guest? Not sure if I should bring my girlfriend or if she'd be the only non-student there. It's casual dress right?

I am bringing my wife... assuming I can get the trade I need... stupid work.

ETA: also my 3 year old probably.

jeffreymabq

Postby jeffreymabq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 am

gostros wrote:
firemed wrote:

At the April reception, they were a little more explicit in hinting at bringing guests along. There were quite a few there. A couple people rolled in with an entire entourage. They talk a lot about how much time we are going to be spending together, so I think my wife enjoyed going and seeing who some of these people will be. So, it may be worthwhile for you. That having been said, I am electing to roll solo - the fam has another commitment that night, and, as I said, she had already been to one.

Dress - casual...and I will look for you there, Drew.

Jeff

firemed

Postby firemed » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:16 pm

So two things:

1) any updates from anyone now that the June deposits are done?

2) anyone else thinking about going to that preview weekend? I think I will simply because I have ZERO experience with things like briefing, outlining, etc. A little practice sure as heck isn't going to kill me. :lol:

lobowannabe

Postby lobowannabe » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

No word at all. I called the school on Monday and tried to get more information. She told me the class was full and that there won't be any movement from the waitlist unless someone withdraws. Looks like I need to start on next fall's application.

firemed

Postby firemed » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:57 pm

lobowannabe wrote:No word at all. I called the school on Monday and tried to get more information. She told me the class was full and that there won't be any movement from the waitlist unless someone withdraws. Looks like I need to start on next fall's application.

Sorry lobowannabe.... Good luck with next years app. Are you retaking LSAT?

retiree

Postby retiree » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey firemed--this is off l.s. talk, but, since you are a firefighter, I had to mention I was up in the Jemez at my place up there. Structure Protection assessment was going on, with teams going from house to house. My house "passed"--it is quite defensible I was told. A LOT of fire equipment parked on NM 4 at FR 10 where my subdivision is (it is the next priority behind LANL & L.A., and the lines are holding right now). No one can get past MM 33 now unless you live in the area. Met some FF who had just arrived from Washington State. Brought them cold sodas, so they loved me. We residents up there (it is a vacation home for me) are getting updates regularly, and all the fire support personnel are just great. So my hat is off to all you guys--doing a great job!
firemed wrote:
lobowannabe wrote:No word at all. I called the school on Monday and tried to get more information. She told me the class was full and that there won't be any movement from the waitlist unless someone withdraws. Looks like I need to start on next fall's application.

firemed

Postby firemed » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 am

retiree wrote:Hey firemed--this is off l.s. talk, but, since you are a firefighter, I had to mention I was up in the Jemez at my place up there. Structure Protection assessment was going on, with teams going from house to house. My house "passed"--it is quite defensible I was told. A LOT of fire equipment parked on NM 4 at FR 10 where my subdivision is (it is the next priority behind LANL & L.A., and the lines are holding right now). No one can get past MM 33 now unless you live in the area. Met some FF who had just arrived from Washington State. Brought them cold sodas, so they loved me. We residents up there (it is a vacation home for me) are getting updates regularly, and all the fire support personnel are just great. So my hat is off to all you guys--doing a great job!

De nada.

Glad things are going OK there....

We need some damn rain already. I don't want to spend the last month and a half of my fire service doing backbreaking manual labor...

lobowannabe

Postby lobowannabe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:28 pm

firemed wrote:

Probably. I just hate the idea of taking that stupid test again! I just keep telling myself that it may help--can't hurt.

firemed

Postby firemed » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:48 pm

lobowannabe wrote:
firemed wrote:

Probably. I just hate the idea of taking that stupid test again! I just keep telling myself that it may help--can't hurt.

Let me know if you need some study material at a discounted price or advice on how I studied. Just send a PM.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Hey I hate to resurect an old thread but I got in today!

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Congratulations !

P.S. are you going to accept ? :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”