University of New Mexico 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nStiver

Re: University of New Mexico 2011

Postby nStiver » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I keep having dreams that I am walking around a law school and it is half way through the semester and I have still not bought my books for some reason. I think the waiting is starting to get to me...

firemed

Postby firemed » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

nStiver wrote:I keep having dreams that I am walking around a law school and it is half way through the semester and I have still not bought my books for some reason. I think the waiting is starting to get to me...

I dreamed I got into Harvard the other day. Then I woke up. And it sucked.

This process is very stressful.

lobowannabe

Postby lobowannabe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 pm

firemed wrote:
nStiver wrote:I keep having dreams that I am walking around a law school and it is half way through the semester and I have still not bought my books for some reason. I think the waiting is starting to get to me...

So Firemed - The Law School website mentions a facebook page for the entering class. Have you checked it out yet? How many others have you connected with who have been accepted?

firemed

Postby firemed » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:19 am

lobowannabe wrote:
firemed wrote:

So Firemed - The Law School website mentions a facebook page for the entering class. Have you checked it out yet? How many others have you connected with who have been accepted?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They sent an email explaining that the FB page wasn't up yet. I should check that out... it has been a couple weeks.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:59 am

lobowannabe wrote:
firemed wrote:

I got on the page. I think there are 4 other people on it. haha

firemed

Postby firemed » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Aldenita wrote:
lobowannabe wrote:
firemed wrote:

I got on the page. I think there are 4 other people on it. haha

I'm on there now. I am the guy with the german sounding last name. Um... not very useful so far, I have to say... but I will put something up there.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 pm

I just called UNM and was told that those of us who are out of state can get residency our first year if we work full time in New Mexico before school starts in August :)

firemed

Postby firemed » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Aldenita wrote:I just called UNM and was told that those of us who are out of state can get residency our first year if we work full time in New Mexico before school starts in August :)

YAY! Can't wait to see you next year!

Can you get a job near you, or will you be moving to Albuquerque early?

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 pm

firemed wrote:
Aldenita wrote:I just called UNM and was told that those of us who are out of state can get residency our first year if we work full time in New Mexico before school starts in August :)

YAY! Can't wait to see you next year!

Can you get a job near you, or will you be moving to Albuquerque early?

I'm not sure. I really love my job and my boss really watches out for me. He teaches me a lot about law school and practicing in general. I could probably look for a job in Cruces. P.S. I added you on facebook...sorry for being a stalker.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Any news?

(shameless bump)

lobowannabe

Postby lobowannabe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 pm

nStiver wrote:Any news?

(shameless bump)

Sorry, no news on my end yet. I take it you haven't heard anything yet either. I can't believe how long this is taking and how stressful it is to wait.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 am

lobowannabe wrote:
nStiver wrote:Any news?

(shameless bump)

Sorry, no news on my end yet. I take it you haven't heard anything yet either. I can't believe how long this is taking and how stressful it is to wait.

Ya, it really sucks.

gcraggs

Postby gcraggs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:35 am

I just got a decision rendered after applying on 2/1. Seems quick. I applied to NM on a whim after a friend (who is from there) told me they had a great immigration law program and a real corner on the legal market since it is the only school in the region. I'm from Iowa and have never even been to NM, so this thread has been helpful! Sounds like if they decided so quickly and I'm from out of state I'm probably getting dinged.

NewLobo

Postby NewLobo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:30 pm

gcraggs wrote:I just got a decision rendered after applying on 2/1. Seems quick. I applied to NM on a whim after a friend (who is from there) told me they had a great immigration law program and a real corner on the legal market since it is the only school in the region. I'm from Iowa and have never even been to NM, so this thread has been helpful! Sounds like if they decided so quickly and I'm from out of state I'm probably getting dinged.

They usually want to know that you strongly want to practice law in New Mexico. Being that you have never visited can send up red flags in my opinion.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm planning to visit next weekend. Would anyone like to meet up with me?

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:13 pm

gcraggs wrote:I just got a decision rendered after applying on 2/1. Seems quick. I applied to NM on a whim after a friend (who is from there) told me they had a great immigration law program and a real corner on the legal market since it is the only school in the region. I'm from Iowa and have never even been to NM, so this thread has been helpful! Sounds like if they decided so quickly and I'm from out of state I'm probably getting dinged.

What are your numbers, if you don't mind my asking. I have a friend who claims he was accepted to UNM after 2 weeks, but I think that sounds rather fishy.

WinterIsComing

Postby WinterIsComing » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 pm

I submitted 1/21. Received my admittance 2/9. It was one of the quickest. Still waiting on most of the others.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 am

WinterIsComing wrote:I submitted 1/21. Received my admittance 2/9. It was one of the quickest. Still waiting on most of the others.

Hey Winter is Coming, do you live in albuquerque?

WinterIsComing

Postby WinterIsComing » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Nope
Last edited by WinterIsComing on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barklm

Postby barklm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:13 am

My timeline for UNM is as follows:

1/25 - Submitted application.
1/31 - My application was marked "complete".
2/10 - Learned via status checker that a decision had been made.
2/14 - Received my formal acceptance letter via USPS. (It was a one page letter of congratulations.)

No scholarship information yet! I placed a call in to see if I could find out when that information might be released - hopefully I'll hear back later today.

Aldenita

Postby Aldenita » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:22 pm

barklm wrote:My timeline for UNM is as follows:

2/14 - Received my formal acceptance letter via USPS. (It was a one page letter of congratulations.)

No scholarship information yet! I placed a call in to see if I could find out when that information might be released - hopefully I'll hear back later today.

They told me that they were expecting to send out scholly info in February or March. I'm hoping for one also.

firemed

Postby firemed » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Aldenita wrote:
barklm wrote:My timeline for UNM is as follows:

They told me that they were expecting to send out scholly info in February or March. I'm hoping for one also.

They told me today they would review my application again for merit aid. My guess is, however, that they will give me nothing. But hey, you never know.

jeffreymabq

Postby jeffreymabq » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Applied 1/29 - Accepted 2/13

LSAT 164
UG GPA - 3.2

Still holding out for a couple others.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:23 pm

It is taking too long...I am nervous...I applied on 1/2/11. Still no word that a decision had been rendered. I wonder if that is a bad sign.

NewLobo

Postby NewLobo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:25 am

Congrats to those who have been accepted. :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”