Career prospects after Franklin Pierce Law Center

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spece212

Career prospects after Franklin Pierce Law Center

Postby spece212 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 pm

I am an engineering undergraduate with 10 years work-ex in semiconductor. I have a 160 on LSAT (retake in Dec 2010) and foreign GPA (top-5 in class) which LSAC states as "superior" (whatever that means).

I am interested in IP law and need help with following queries:
1. Chances at Franklin Pierce Law Center
2. Career prospects after JD
3. How does it compare to going to another T-2/T-3 school w/o IP specialty but higher rank on USNW

Thanks

alanbfish

Re: Career prospects after Franklin Pierce Law Center

Postby alanbfish » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 am

Chinese applicants?
Why this school? Bound by the family?
If not, you should try to apply to schools like Santa Clara, U Houston, or Chicago-Kent.
Haven't heard of the school you mentioned. What's the school rank?

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 am

yes you probably have a shot at some better schools with that LSAT. Is Franklin Pierce in Chicago? Chicago-Kent is a good possibility if you need to stay in Chicago.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 am

Specialty rankings don't mean anything. Go somewhere better. Unless you really want to practice in New Hampshire I guess.

androstan

Postby androstan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:40 pm

thegor1987 wrote:yes you probably have a shot at some better schools with that LSAT. Is Franklin Pierce in Chicago? Chicago-Kent is a good possibility if you need to stay in Chicago.

Wowz.

Franklin Pierce is in Concord, NH. It's now affiliated with University of New Hampshire so it's technically UNHSL now.

OP probably does have a good shot at some places higher on USNWR. However, while specialty rankings don't always indicate a lot, UNHSL is semifamous for IP/patents. If you look at their employment stats, they outplace their USNWR rank considerably in income and geographic variability. In another couple years it'll probably push its way into the 2nd tier, now that it has a solid state funded research institution backing it.

AllisLaw

Postby AllisLaw » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm

androstan wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:yes you probably have a shot at some better schools with that LSAT. Is Franklin Pierce in Chicago? Chicago-Kent is a good possibility if you need to stay in Chicago.

Wowz.

Franklin Pierce is in Concord, NH. It's now affiliated with University of New Hampshire so it's technically UNHSL now.

OP probably does have a good shot at some places higher on USNWR. However, while specialty rankings don't always indicate a lot, UNHSL is semifamous for IP/patents. If you look at their employment stats, they outplace their USNWR rank considerably in income and geographic variability. In another couple years it'll probably push its way into the 2nd tier, now that it has a solid state funded research institution backing it.

I agree. UNH is on its way up. And while Chicago-Kent, Santa Clara, and U of Houston are probably good schools too, they are no longer in the top 10 for IP. Top IP firms are very familiar with Franklin Pierce.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”