IN at GW c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NZA

Re: IN at GW c/o 2014

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Flips88 wrote:
NZA wrote:
aliasdancer wrote:how long did it take west coasters to get the packet from when they received the email?

I got the email on 01/10, and just got the packet via post today. No $$$. God damn it.

has anyone that got the packet that didn't get in ED received $$$? It just seems weird that they are offering absolutely nothing to so many people.

It's kinda weird, really. I mean, if I'm faced with choosing between paying sticker at GW or a T14, what do they honestly expect me to choose? Even if they gave me a paltry few thousand bones every year, I'd at least be thinking a lot more carefully.

Of course, I haven't been accepted to any T14, yet, so maybe I should just bite my tongue.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:10 pm

NZA wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
NZA wrote:
aliasdancer wrote:how long did it take west coasters to get the packet from when they received the email?

I got the email on 01/10, and just got the packet via post today. No $$$. God damn it.

has anyone that got the packet that didn't get in ED received $$$? It just seems weird that they are offering absolutely nothing to so many people.

It's kinda weird, really. I mean, if I'm faced with choosing between paying sticker at GW or a T14, what do they honestly expect me to choose? Even if they gave me a paltry few thousand bones every year, I'd at least be thinking a lot more carefully.

Of course, I haven't been accepted to any T14, yet, so maybe I should just bite my tongue.

I feel the exact same way. I'm still waiting back on Georgetown, but if I get in and am faced with GW for sticker or Gtown with sticker, my decision will be super easy.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Flips88 wrote:
I feel the exact same way. I'm still waiting back on Georgetown, but if I get in and am faced with GW for sticker or Gtown with sticker, my decision will be super easy.

Yah. Considering their cross town rival, I do not at all understand their scholarship philosophy. I would normally say "I'm sure they're very smart people and have thought a lot about this" but honestly, if you assume stuff like that the world never makes sense. Much liklier they're being dumb.

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Yah. Considering their cross town rival, I do not at all understand their scholarship philosophy. I would normally say "I'm sure they're very smart people and have thought a lot about this" but honestly, if you assume stuff like that the world never makes sense. Much liklier they're being dumb.

Who knows...? :? Whatever reasoning they use (or don't use), I'm admittedly nervous about sticker at GW.

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:22 pm

And also, just so I don't start off my career at what may be my future alma mater by bitching, the handwritten note was lovely.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:26 pm

NZA wrote:And also, just so I don't start off my career at what may be my future alma mater by bitching, the handwritten note was lovely.

I thought mine was somewhat half-assed compared to the other ones I've gotten... honestly just been unimpressed (except the folder itself, that was cool). Mine said nothing specifically referencing they had any idea who I was, unlike literally every other school I've been admitted to (barring the two that gave me $$$$, and I'm fine with the lack of letter there).

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:And also, just so I don't start off my career at what may be my future alma mater by bitching, the handwritten note was lovely.

I thought mine was somewhat half-assed compared to the other ones I've gotten... honestly just been unimpressed (except the folder itself, that was cool). Mine said nothing specifically referencing they had any idea who I was, unlike literally every other school I've been admitted to (barring the two that gave me $$$$, and I'm fine with the lack of letter there).

May I ask what they said? Now I'm worried I was all aglow for no reason. :P

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:34 pm

NZA wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

My GW one or the others?

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

My GW one or the others?

Well, the GW one.

Also, who's going to be the person to first create a thread in the Admitted Students section? Hmm?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 pm

NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

Also, who's going to be the person to first create a thread in the Admitted Students section? Hmm?

I take it back, he did make reference to something specific, and it's not as bad as I recall:

"_____, you are an outstanding candidate. Your training in philosophy will serve you well in law school- I hope at GW."

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

I take it back, he did make reference to something specific, and it's not as bad as I recall:

"_____, you are an outstanding candidate. Your training in philosophy will serve you well in law school- I hope at GW."

Nice, philosophy. :)

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

yeah, it wasn't absurdly generic. My PS was pretty heavy on my interest in public interest. The note I got was "XXXXX, you are an outstanding candidate. I applaud you for your commitment to serving others. I hope you will join us."

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

yeah, it wasn't absurdly generic. My PS was pretty heavy on my interest in public interest. The note I got was "XXXXX, you are an outstanding candidate. I applaud you for your commitment to serving others. I hope you will join us."

Mine was, "NZA, you handsome man, you glorious son of Adam, you noble creature, you, you have been chosen among all others. Join with me, and we will rule the galaxy together, father and son. It is your destiny."

I was like, "Chill."

Dude was like, "Oh, but no $$$, LOL."

Well, not really. That's what it felt like when I read, "NZA, outstanding candidate, you have had some great experience for one so young, please join us."

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 pm

NZA wrote:
Mine was, "NZA, you handsome man, you glorious son of Adam, you noble creature, you, you have been chosen among all others. Join with me, and we will rule the galaxy together, father and son. It is your destiny."

I was like, "Chill."

Well, not really. That's what it felt like when I read, "NZA, outstanding candidate, you have had some great experience for one so young, please join us."

Followed with "By the way, we're offering you zero scholarship money...Image...problem?"

NZA

Postby NZA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Flips88 wrote:
NZA wrote:

I was like, "Chill."

Followed with "By the way, we're offering you zero scholarship money...troll.jpg...problem?"

Haha! Exactly.

What's blowing my mind is this: "Each year, 20-30% of the entering class will be selected for merit scholarships..."

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:24 am

Flips88 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

Mine was xxxx you are an outstanding young woman <person i wrote my ps about> would be proud. I hope you will join us next year.

slax

Postby slax » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 am

Flips88 wrote:
NZA wrote:

I got in a few weeks ago with $$$. RD with #s well above 75%

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Why is the closest admitted students reception 8 hours away from me? Also anyone else not a fan of ASD being a week before the first seat deposit due?

Frasier27

Postby Frasier27 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm probably just missing something, but what/where is the account number we're supposed to use for the accepted students site?

NZA

Postby NZA » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Frasier27 wrote:I'm probably just missing something, but what/where is the account number we're supposed to use for the accepted students site?

LSAC Account Number, homie. :)

Frasier27

Postby Frasier27 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm

NZA wrote:
Frasier27 wrote:I'm probably just missing something, but what/where is the account number we're supposed to use for the accepted students site?

LSAC Account Number, homie. :)

Ah, thanks

Skyhook

Postby Skyhook » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:48 am

Has anyone been for a tour?
Monday is Professor Colby, Constitutional Law I
Friday is Professor Schooner, Contracts II

Can't do Tuesdays to Thursdays. Any thoughts?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:04 am

Flips88 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

Haha that's exactly what mine said. Word for word. I guess we aren't special snowflakes. :lol:

NZA

Postby NZA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 am

law_monkey wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Well, the GW one.

Haha that's exactly what mine said. Word for word. I guess we aren't special snowflakes. :lol:

Dude, you're such a snowflake, don't even worry about it.

androstan

Postby androstan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

I can't remember my password for the gw admitted student portal, how do you find/reset it?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”