Seattle University 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mat2013

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby mat2013 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:10 pm

deja wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:Any one get the anti-Mac letter from Seattle Law?

Yeah - got one here. Somehow this is becoming the most challenging issue about this school. :?

I have not received this letter. Can someone re-post?

heather106

Postby heather106 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:30 pm

mat2013 wrote:
deja wrote:

Yeah - got one here. Somehow this is becoming the most challenging issue about this school. :?

I have not received this letter. Can someone re-post?

I have not received this letter yet either.

chris0406

Postby chris0406 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 pm

I called the school and the tech service told me Mac laptop should be fine. Since last term they have this CD to install so it can be used. But printing wise it has to be done on your own (@home, won't work on campus).

save the world

Postby save the world » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Is anyone else still waiting on a reg decision?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:40 pm

save the world wrote:Is anyone else still waiting on a reg decision?

I am. Pretty much all of my seat deposits have passed, other than Denver (tomorrow) and Rutgers-Camden (Where I'm most likely going unless SU throws tons of money at me, due May 15th). Don't know what's taking so long, but then again I didn't get a status checker until April 13th, even if I did apply late.

save the world

Postby save the world » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:46 pm

crossarmant wrote:

I am. Pretty much all of my seat deposits have passed, other than Denver (tomorrow) and Rutgers-Camden (Where I'm most likely going unless SU throws tons of money at me, due May 15th). Don't know what's taking so long, but then again I didn't get a status checker until April 13th, even if I did apply late.

I'm waitlisted at a few places that I'd be okay with going to and still waiting to hear back from a few more so I guess I have more time. I'm passing up on two schools and already sent my deposit to John Marshall in IL just in case. I didn't get my status checker until last Thursday. I'm not sure whats taking so long either...

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 pm

save the world wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

I'm waitlisted at a few places that I'd be okay with going to and still waiting to hear back from a few more so I guess I have more time. I'm passing up on two schools and already sent my deposit to John Marshall in IL just in case. I didn't get my status checker until last Thursday. I'm not sure whats taking so long either...

A little over a month after I submitted my application, I didn't get info on my status checker. So I emailed them. They sent me an email saying my app was complete then another email with the login info. About 2 weeks later I got my decision.

save the world

Postby save the world » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 pm

lnllnl wrote:
save the world wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

A little over a month after I submitted my application, I didn't get info on my status checker. So I emailed them. They sent me an email saying my app was complete then another email with the login info. About 2 weeks later I got my decision.

Hopefully that's the time frame they're getting responses out. I'd like to hear back with some good news from them in the next week!

lemonie

Postby lemonie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:57 pm

prelawtx wrote:on waitlist since 4/8...

...waitlist since 3/3. we got loonggg ways to go.... :cry:

save the world

Postby save the world » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:55 pm

I am. Pretty much all of my seat deposits have passed, other than Denver (tomorrow) and Rutgers-Camden (Where I'm most likely going unless SU throws tons of money at me, due May 15th). Don't know what's taking so long, but then again I didn't get a status checker until April 13th, even if I did apply late.[/quote]

I'm waitlisted at a few places that I'd be okay with going to and still waiting to hear back from a few more so I guess I have more time. I'm passing up on two schools and already sent my deposit to John Marshall in IL just in case. I didn't get my status checker until last Thursday. I'm not sure whats taking so long either...[/quote]

A little over a month after I submitted my application, I didn't get info on my status checker. So I emailed them. They sent me an email saying my app was complete then another email with the login info. About 2 weeks later I got my decision.[/quote]

Hopefully that's the time frame they're getting responses out. I'd like to hear back with some good news from them in the next week![/quote]

WL today

dey206

Postby dey206 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:56 am

I withdrew on the 15 and gave up my meager scholly. Good luck to those who are waiting.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 am

Rejected on Friday. I'm guessing that only bad news will be coming out of Seattle from now on.

emilyadi

Postby emilyadi » Wed May 04, 2011 12:36 am

deja wrote:

If it helps, I'm a 2L at SU and tons of people use macs. They work fine for exams using soft test. I don't know about the printing issue (I use a pc), but even if you can't print via your mac, the library has computers that you can print from.

lawpro1

Postby lawpro1 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:22 pm

macs are fine.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I am visiting Seattle next week and staying in down town area. Where are some good places to go out and eat?

Bars and grills are a favorite.

mat2013

Postby mat2013 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Near Seattle U is Cafe Presse and Barrio. Smith is in the neighborhood, but further away. Quinn's is pretty good, too.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Any of you that visited for Spring Visit Day mind sharing ur thoughts on the school and future class mates?

restless

Postby restless » Tue May 17, 2011 6:29 pm

I was in Seattle this past weekend. Honestly, I hope no Seattle natives shoot me for this, but I thought the city was very much like San Francisco (in a good way!). I also visited the U-District (I have a friend at UW law) and it reminded me of the nicer parts of Berkeley. I think the city overall is great; it's very diverse and there's a lot to do. Nightlife is very much present on Capitol Hill. :D Moreover, SU's convenient location next to downtown is excellent. The campus is small but beautiful and uniform, and Sullivan Hall in particular is new and inviting.

Unfortunately, as much as I liked my experience, I'll be withdrawing soon. I recently was accepted off the waitlist at UC Hastings and it was one of my top choices to begin with. But for anyone coming from the Bay Area and thinking about SU, I think it's a really solid choice.

Note on the weather: This was one of my concerns, but it was fucking SUNNY on Saturday. Whereas it was pouring in the Bay Area. So weird.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm

restless wrote:I was in Seattle this past weekend. Honestly, I hope no Seattle natives shoot me for this, but I thought the city was very much like San Francisco (in a good way!). I also visited the U-District (I have a friend at UW law) and it reminded me of the nicer parts of Berkeley. I think the city overall is great; it's very diverse and there's a lot to do. Nightlife is very much present on Capitol Hill. :D Moreover, SU's convenient location next to downtown is excellent. The campus is small but beautiful and uniform, and Sullivan Hall in particular is new and inviting.

Unfortunately, as much as I liked my experience, I'll be withdrawing soon. I recently was accepted off the waitlist at UC Hastings and it was one of my top choices to begin with. But for anyone coming from the Bay Area and thinking about SU, I think it's a really solid choice.

Note on the weather: This was one of my concerns, but it was fucking SUNNY on Saturday. Whereas it was pouring in the Bay Area. So weird.

Congrats on ur Hastings acceptance. Thanks for the post. I plan to visit Seattle in June.

SarahagMont

Postby SarahagMont » Wed May 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Withdrew this morning. I hope someone waiting takes my seat!

I went to the spring visit day and found it great i loved the school! I especially liked that there center for professional development seemed to give you all the tools to face the tough job market head on, as long as you worked with them from the beginning. All the people i met were nice, and friendly, I liked that it is one of the few schools that offers an elective class your first year. The location was really nice. I am not sure what else to say I had a great time at spring visit feel free to pm me with specific questions.

save the world

Postby save the world » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 am

Any news on the waitlist front?

rorystewart

Postby rorystewart » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:37 am

Back to the boards to offer up answers again to anyone seeking them. Just finished my 1L year. I'll check this thread through the weekend.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 am

rorystewart wrote:Back to the boards to offer up answers again to anyone seeking them. Just finished my 1L year. I'll check this thread through the weekend.

How regional is Seattle? It appears that their are only four or five seattle grads working in the SF Bay Area. Does it place in Portland at all?

rorystewart

Postby rorystewart » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:49 am

jarofsoup wrote:How regional is Seattle? It appears that their are only four or five seattle grads working in the SF Bay Area. Does it place in Portland at all?

Very regional. All T2 schools are. But like you found out, there are still SU grads all over the country. I have no experience with Portland so I can't say, but you'd imagine SU grads have a shot in that market. It's close regionally and Portland's best school is similarly ranked, right? Can't remember.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:57 pm

rory, have you found a summer job yet? Also, how hard is it to land a summer job after 1L w/o ties or connections to Seattle?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”