Seattle University 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nketalk

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nketalk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Nope, I have no criminal record (that I'm aware of).

Just got straight up "Denied Admission", no explanation or email. In fact, my denial came sometime Friday afternoon and I still have no email notification, which is weird because they stated all decisions, except offers of admission, will be done via email.

This really sucks, because SU is the only school I applied to. I have no interest in leaving my job or Seattle to attend law school. Guess I'll just wait, save more money, and apply next year. Or retake the LSAT and shoot for UW so I can avoid more drama with Seattle U.

I'm a big mix of surprised, pissed, disappointed, and confused right now.

fencod

Postby fencod » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Wow, that is really suprising. I wonder if you could call their admissions office and see if you can't discuss your application, maybe get some advice on how to improve what turned them off of you for next year. Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Saving money will always help though.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 am

nketalk wrote:Nope, I have no criminal record (that I'm aware of).

Just got straight up "Denied Admission", no explanation or email. In fact, my denial came sometime Friday afternoon and I still have no email notification, which is weird because they stated all decisions, except offers of admission, will be done via email.

This really sucks, because SU is the only school I applied to. I have no interest in leaving my job or Seattle to attend law school. Guess I'll just wait, save more money, and apply next year. Or retake the LSAT and shoot for UW so I can avoid more drama with Seattle U.

I'm a big mix of surprised, pissed, disappointed, and confused right now.

Yield protection

DAMellen

Postby DAMellen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:37 am

I got moved from being considered for Access Admission to the wait list to the reject list in eight days. Does that seem weird to anybody else?

DAMellen

Postby DAMellen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:22 pm

And back to the wait list. Wee, this is fun.

Wactawshus

Postby Wactawshus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:45 pm

DAMellen wrote:And back to the wait list. Wee, this is fun.

Did you get emails/phone calls informing you of your wild ride, or was it all through status checker?

ChemistryMatters

Postby ChemistryMatters » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:01 pm

I was accepted to SU with a fairly good amount of scholarship money, but am still waiting to see if I get off the UW waitlist. How do you guys feel about SU? Is there anyone who prefers SU over UW in spite of the rankings?

I'm going to study patent law, so I'm hoping whether I get my JD from UW or SU won't matter much (as long as I do well in LS, obviously)...

Ideas of advantages of SU over UW?

Good Luck everyone!

heather106

Postby heather106 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Anyone applied to Seattle U with a completion date in early March have a decision yet? My file was completed March 7 and I'm so anxious!! I realize I'm only at about 6 weeks now, but I'm checking my status checker like a crazy person!

emilyadi

Postby emilyadi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:06 pm

ChemistryMatters wrote:I was accepted to SU with a fairly good amount of scholarship money, but am still waiting to see if I get off the UW waitlist. How do you guys feel about SU? Is there anyone who prefers SU over UW in spite of the rankings?

I'm going to study patent law, so I'm hoping whether I get my JD from UW or SU won't matter much (as long as I do well in LS, obviously)...

Ideas of advantages of SU over UW?

Good Luck everyone!

I am a student at SU and I can say that I really enjoy the education I'm receiving. Although UW is higher ranked, keep in mind that SU has a highly regarded legal writing program. Lawyers in the community have commented on the quality writing they've received from SU students. Also, SU has a higher number of students. While I'm sure that has drawbacks, one advantage is that there are a large number of practicing attorneys and judges who have graduated from SU. Finally, a lot of high profile events are held at SU because of its close proximity to downtown. Hope this helps!

prelawtx

Postby prelawtx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:39 am

on waitlist since 4/8...

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:51 am

heather106 wrote:Anyone applied to Seattle U with a completion date in early March have a decision yet? My file was completed March 7 and I'm so anxious!! I realize I'm only at about 6 weeks now, but I'm checking my status checker like a crazy person!

same here! mine shows
Current Status: File Complete - In Review
Current Status Date: 3/7/2011

I'm going crazy checking it every 2 hours! When did they send you the status checker? I just got it this week, kinda weird.

P.S. I noticed you also applied to Gonzaga, did you hear back? I just got an admit packet with 20k but I don't know much about the school and area, can you shed some light?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 am

IHaveLawyers wrote:
heather106 wrote:Anyone applied to Seattle U with a completion date in early March have a decision yet? My file was completed March 7 and I'm so anxious!! I realize I'm only at about 6 weeks now, but I'm checking my status checker like a crazy person!

same here! mine shows

I'm going crazy checking it every 2 hours! When did they send you the status checker? I just got it this week, kinda weird.

P.S. I noticed you also applied to Gonzaga, did you hear back? I just got an admit packet with 20k but I don't know much about the school and area, can you shed some light?

I have the same situation, I went complete on March 8th, got my status checker last Tuesday! Still simply sitting in review. wtf?

heather106

Postby heather106 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:01 pm

crossarmant wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:

same here! mine shows

I have the same situation, I went complete on March 8th, got my status checker last Tuesday! Still simply sitting in review. wtf?

Hi... I got my status checker on March 23.... been "file complete/in review" since then! And yes I did apply to Gonzaga, but like you, I don't know too much about it! I haven't heard back yet from them either. I applied bc they offered to waive my application fee and if I'm accepted there but not at Seattle U, at least it would be an option. If that is the case, I might go there and try and transfer to Seattle U after a year, or possibly apply at UW for next year (missed their deadline this year), or reapply at Seattle U... I don't want to leave the state of Washington. Also I really want Seattle U bc I like their part time option.

heather106

Postby heather106 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Still status pending...... I'm going nuts!!!!

heather106

Postby heather106 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Got in via status checker!!!!!! :) :) :)

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 pm

heather106 wrote:Got in via status checker!!!!!! :) :) :)

CONGRATZ!!!

Did you have good softs?

Julez

Postby Julez » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully one of you who is still waiting will get my spot. Good luck to you all!

heather106

Postby heather106 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:
heather106 wrote:Got in via status checker!!!!!! :) :) :)

CONGRATZ!!!

Did you have good softs?

I do have very good softs, yes. Still waiting for my offer to come in the mail- I have no idea what kind of scholarship they'll offer me...

lnllnl

Postby lnllnl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 am

nketalk wrote:Awesome... rejected on Friday via status checker, NO email sent.

3.42 lsdas undergrad gpa (3.46 from UW)
163 lsat
went complete on 1/12
volunteer legal experience while also working full-time and a personal statement expressing interest in a career in social justice legal work.

Thanks for shattering my short-term dreams, Seattle U.

Now I feel bad for getting in. Status checker changed on Monday (4/18). Really surprised I got in with my stats. Far below nketalk's. I'm not a URM, but maybe it's because I applied to the PT program and my unusual personal statement.

Now I have to reconsider my original plan of moving from WA to DC. I really didn't think I'd get into SU. I guess this is a pleasant wrench thrown in.

heather106

Postby heather106 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I just got my acceptance packet in the mail today- no word of a scholarship other than a $3,000 community service stipend... I recall seeing a post that someone got their scholarship offer later in the mail, but it seems pretty standard that most people get it with their admission letter. I'm a little worried they won't be sending me a further scholarship offer. Can anyone give me any insight as to their experience here? I called but SU is closed today.

heather106

Postby heather106 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:15 pm

lnllnl wrote:
nketalk wrote:Awesome... rejected on Friday via status checker, NO email sent.

3.42 lsdas undergrad gpa (3.46 from UW)
163 lsat
went complete on 1/12
volunteer legal experience while also working full-time and a personal statement expressing interest in a career in social justice legal work.

Thanks for shattering my short-term dreams, Seattle U.

Now I feel bad for getting in. Status checker changed on Monday (4/18). Really surprised I got in with my stats. Far below nketalk's. I'm not a URM, but maybe it's because I applied to the PT program and my unusual personal statement.

Now I have to reconsider my original plan of moving from WA to DC. I really didn't think I'd get into SU. I guess this is a pleasant wrench thrown in.

Don't sell yourself short!! I too applied for the part time program and was thinking that might boost my odds- I actually called and asked- the truth is, first they consider whether or not to accept you and then they place you in your first choice of program (PT or FT). :)

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Any one get the anti-Mac letter from Seattle Law?

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:19 am

Dined via email fml

heather106

Postby heather106 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:44 am

IHaveLawyers wrote:Dined via email fml

so sorry!

deja

Postby deja » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 am

jarofsoup wrote:Any one get the anti-Mac letter from Seattle Law?

Yeah - got one here. Somehow this is becoming the most challenging issue about this school. :?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”