Seattle University 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kraymond21
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby kraymond21 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 am

jarofsoup wrote:So does anyone have a mac? How are you dealing with this and their computer issue? I just bought a new one a few months ago.


I'm planning on installing windows as a separate user account on my new pro. I got the idea from one of my friends in the air force academy--they needed windows based machines as well.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby crossarmant » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:40 am

IHaveLawyers wrote:still no status checker!!! sent in my app 2 months ago, fvck me!


I feel you. I sent them an email and they got back to me 4 days later saying something similar to "Oh, yeah, you're complete... we'll get around to it whenever..."

A little disappointed. I'd like to have an idea of whether or not I'm in since seat deposits are coming soon and I'd like a little breathing time to debate between schools.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

kraymond21 wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:So does anyone have a mac? How are you dealing with this and their computer issue? I just bought a new one a few months ago.


I'm planning on installing windows as a separate user account on my new pro. I got the idea from one of my friends in the air force academy--they needed windows based machines as well.



It sounds like as long as you install bootcamp for tests and don't plan on them helping you with tec support you will be fine. I am going to use a mac assuming I go to SU.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 pm

crossarmant wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:still no status checker!!! sent in my app 2 months ago, fvck me!


I feel you. I sent them an email and they got back to me 4 days later saying something similar to "Oh, yeah, you're complete... we'll get around to it whenever..."

A little disappointed. I'd like to have an idea of whether or not I'm in since seat deposits are coming soon and I'd like a little breathing time to debate between schools.

Yeah man, it's killing me!!!!


Someone just posted about this accesses admission, anyone know what this is?

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:28 pm

so i got my rejection letter a few weeks ago...

and then today, i got my "financing our legal education" packet.

Thank you Seattle University for adding insult to injury. :x

User avatar
samtheclam1
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby samtheclam1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Does anyone know how to submit the deposit? Is our only option to send it in the mail or can we do it on the phone or online with a credit card?

Thanks!

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby clarsen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:15 pm

samtheclam1 wrote:Does anyone know how to submit the deposit? Is our only option to send it in the mail or can we do it on the phone or online with a credit card?

Thanks!


I believe it is mail only, just as it was when you submitted your application fee.

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby clarsen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:20 pm

jarofsoup wrote:So does anyone have a mac? How are you dealing with this and their computer issue? I just bought a new one a few months ago.


Macs are compatible, but you have to have a program that allows you to run Windows. I believe it is called "Bootcamp" but someone may have to correct me if I am wrong. This question came up at the March open house, and a current 2L said that about half the students run Macs. The only caveat is that the IT department does not handle any issues regarding Macs, so you would be on your own there.

My $0.02, I'm not anti-Mac by any means, but why spend $1400 for a MBP when you end up using it to run windows? They can be great machines but I don't see the appeal for this application.

User avatar
ms1987
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ms1987 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Just withdrew my application (and scholarship) today. Hope it helps someone out. Good luck!!

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Wactawshus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:32 pm

SunshineKid wrote:so i got my rejection letter a few weeks ago...

and then today, i got my "financing our legal education" packet.

Thank you Seattle University for adding insult to injury. :x


That's actually really, really insulting. At least I think it is. If that were me it would definitely solicit a formal letter, if not at least an email/phone call.

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby clarsen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote: Someone just posted about this accesses admission, anyone know what this is?


I believe Access Admission is a program that basically serves as a a trial run for a group of specifically selected individuals. Usually it is reserved for people with unusuals situations that may have negatively impacted their GPA or LSAT and SU wants to give them an opportunity in the summer to prove they belong. I know that's not very detailed, but it sounds like anyone who has been admitted to this program will be given plenty of information regarding their status. If someone has been admitted to this programs and isn't sure what it means, I highly suggest you call SU and talk with someone in admissions.

chris0406
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby chris0406 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:09 am

Access Admission Program starts in summer (7 week I believe) intense writing program to help students prepare for the fall term. The students will get the summer classes credited towards their law requirements so they will have more lenient schedule in the fall term.

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 am

Wactawshus wrote:
SunshineKid wrote:so i got my rejection letter a few weeks ago...

and then today, i got my "financing our legal education" packet.

Thank you Seattle University for adding insult to injury. :x


That's actually really, really insulting. At least I think it is. If that were me it would definitely solicit a formal letter, if not at least an email/phone call.


Oh i'm actually quite offended.
Especially so after I called and they were indifferent about it. "yeah that happens..."
um it really SHOULDNT happen.

But thank you for your comment. It makes me feel a bit more vindicated in my irritation :)

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 am

Just put down my first deposit. See what happens next.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby gens1tb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm

SunshineKid wrote:
Wactawshus wrote:
SunshineKid wrote:so i got my rejection letter a few weeks ago...

and then today, i got my "financing our legal education" packet.

Thank you Seattle University for adding insult to injury. :x


That's actually really, really insulting. At least I think it is. If that were me it would definitely solicit a formal letter, if not at least an email/phone call.


Oh i'm actually quite offended.
Especially so after I called and they were indifferent about it. "yeah that happens..."
um it really SHOULDNT happen.

But thank you for your comment. It makes me feel a bit more vindicated in my irritation :)


What did you expect them to do?

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Wactawshus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm

gens1tb wrote:
SunshineKid wrote:
Wactawshus wrote:
SunshineKid wrote:so i got my rejection letter a few weeks ago...

and then today, i got my "financing our legal education" packet.

Thank you Seattle University for adding insult to injury. :x


That's actually really, really insulting. At least I think it is. If that were me it would definitely solicit a formal letter, if not at least an email/phone call.


Oh i'm actually quite offended.
Especially so after I called and they were indifferent about it. "yeah that happens..."
um it really SHOULDNT happen.

But thank you for your comment. It makes me feel a bit more vindicated in my irritation :)


What did you expect them to do?


I know. Who would ever expect an honest apology in a situation like that?

User avatar
inchoate_con
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby inchoate_con » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Examsoft works fine with MACs. It was just upgraded.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby gens1tb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Wactawshus wrote:I know. Who would ever expect an honest apology in a situation like that?


"We're so sorry you received correspondence despite being rejected, it must have been so hard to relive the trauma of not getting into SU."

I don't think it's a big deal to be honest, and any apology would have been a token gesture. Though, I suppose that's all part of playing the game.

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 pm

gens1tb wrote:
Wactawshus wrote:I know. Who would ever expect an honest apology in a situation like that?


"We're so sorry you received correspondence despite being rejected, it must have been so hard to relive the trauma of not getting into SU."


that would have been nice.

I didnt expect an apology letter or anything. I was calling just to inform them that they were sending this stuff to people who were rejected, because i have a feeling that i'm not the only person who would find this insulting.

nketalk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nketalk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm

sweet - another Friday and still no update!

In Review/Decision Pending since 1/12...

mid 3's, mid 160's, thought I'd be failing to negotiate more money from SU by this point.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:19 pm

So I have just put down a deposit on Seattle and I am from California. To be honest I am a bit freaked out. I have only been there once, I loved the city, but I have some concerns. Can some natives or people on here in the same situation tell me how it is?


P.S.

If you are an asthmatic in Seattle PM me and tell me how it is for asthmatics.... this sounds a bit absurd, but it is a major concern for me. Breathing is a priority.

fencod
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby fencod » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm not asthmatic, but for the most part Seattle air is pretty clean. During the Summer when we don't get much rain, the smog can get more noticable, but most of the year we get bouts of rain that seem to refresh the atmosphere and keep it fresh.

What are your other concerns about Seattle?

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 am

I'll be happy to try to answer any questions or concerns about Seattle. I don't know much about asthma though.

nketalk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nketalk » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Awesome... rejected on Friday via status checker, NO email sent.

3.42 lsdas undergrad gpa (3.46 from UW)
163 lsat
went complete on 1/12
volunteer legal experience while also working full-time and a personal statement expressing interest in a career in social justice legal work.

Thanks for shattering my short-term dreams, Seattle U.

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby twairlines » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:10 pm

nketalk wrote:Awesome... rejected on Friday via status checker, NO email sent.

3.42 lsdas undergrad gpa (3.46 from UW)
163 lsat
went complete on 1/12
volunteer legal experience while also working full-time and a personal statement expressing interest in a career in social justice legal work.

Thanks for shattering my short-term dreams, Seattle U.


Lol, what??? I didn't apply here but just bored and clicked here. Did you kill someone?? Those seem like pretty good #'s for SU.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BuyaLittleMercy, cathy95, ellielaw, Google Adsense [Bot], HarvardHopeful95, jdanz, malysh, mm2368, NotAGolfer, onecallthats all, pandaaa, pkalltheway, potterotter, Pugnax, Purple Post It Note, Rubbishdump, spursforever, youknowsimone and 45 guests