Seattle University 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby upfish » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 am

Withdrawing today. $18k is back in the pool.


Good luck, guys! =)

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby snapdragon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:20 am

Withdrew this morning. $17k back in the pool. Good luck everyone :)

User avatar
dzollman
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dzollman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:22 pm

In via status checker on the 23rd. Received my admit packet when I got back from spring break yesterday. I was bummed at first when I didn't see anything in the mail box but the mailman put it under my doormat and I walked over it about three times before I saw it there. Since I was rejected from UW I will definitely be attending Seattle U! Has anyone started a class of 2014 thread yet?


Also, I received a $5,000 scholarship which I am happy for but it is a pretty small dent in the overall tuition. Does the money that was rewarded to people who have withdrawn get doled back out to admitted students or is it held for next year? Possibly in the financial aid packet that is supposed to come within 2-3 weeks of admission?

DAMellen
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby DAMellen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Man, this is taking forever. My decision status has been pending since December 9th and I've been in review for Access Admissions since January 14th. I've been accepted by Lewis and Clark, but Seattle is unquestionably my first choice. I'd really like to figure out what I'm doing next year.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:38 pm

dzollman wrote:In via status checker on the 23rd. Received my admit packet when I got back from spring break yesterday. I was bummed at first when I didn't see anything in the mail box but the mailman put it under my doormat and I walked over it about three times before I saw it there. Since I was rejected from UW I will definitely be attending Seattle U! Has anyone started a class of 2014 thread yet?


Also, I received a $5,000 scholarship which I am happy for but it is a pretty small dent in the overall tuition. Does the money that was rewarded to people who have withdrawn get doled back out to admitted students or is it held for next year? Possibly in the financial aid packet that is supposed to come within 2-3 weeks of admission?



I sent an email to SU admissions today asking the same question I'll let you know when they get back to me.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dey206 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:54 pm

anybody join the facebook group?

User avatar
dzollman
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dzollman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Just sent my request

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 pm

ding. *sigh*

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I need someone to give me more info on why Seattle University would be a good choice.

tony1003
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby tony1003 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Does anyone know anything about how to go about leveraging more money from them. I have a meeting with the assistant dean of admissions next Friday to see what I can do to get some money. I have a nice offer from gonzaga but have no real interest in attending. I can try and play that up though right? Any other advice? Btw I'm not going to attend without more money. Should I tell them that?

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby risktaker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:30 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I need someone to give me more info on why Seattle University would be a good choice.


Take a look at full time employment stats for JD required positions. Seattle outshines all the other schools we r considering with 92%.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:57 pm

SarahagMont wrote:
dzollman wrote:In via status checker on the 23rd. Received my admit packet when I got back from spring break yesterday. I was bummed at first when I didn't see anything in the mail box but the mailman put it under my doormat and I walked over it about three times before I saw it there. Since I was rejected from UW I will definitely be attending Seattle U! Has anyone started a class of 2014 thread yet?


Also, I received a $5,000 scholarship which I am happy for but it is a pretty small dent in the overall tuition. Does the money that was rewarded to people who have withdrawn get doled back out to admitted students or is it held for next year? Possibly in the financial aid packet that is supposed to come within 2-3 weeks of admission?



I sent an email to SU admissions today asking the same question I'll let you know when they get back to me.


So this is the answer from admissions "all unutilized 1L scholarship monies are redirected to scholarships for 2L and 3L students, awarded based on academic performance."

User avatar
dzollman
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dzollman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Kind of a bummer, but I guess its a second chance as long as we do well in our first year.

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:01 pm

dzollman wrote:Kind of a bummer, but I guess its a second chance as long as we do well in our first year.

Yeah but a bird in hand is worth two in the bush... there is no garentee, at the webinar thing they said that the scholarships only go to the top 25% and range anywhere from 15k to 5k so that is not real comforting if you ask me.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dey206 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:07 am

SarahagMont wrote:
dzollman wrote:Kind of a bummer, but I guess its a second chance as long as we do well in our first year.

Yeah but a bird in hand is worth two in the bush... there is no garentee, at the webinar thing they said that the scholarships only go to the top 25% and range anywhere from 15k to 5k so that is not real comforting if you ask me.


lol I hear that guy from the Geico commercial saying that.

but I agree with you too.

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Wactawshus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Would somebody mind posting the deposit due date? Thanks in advance.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dey206 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Wactawshus wrote:Would somebody mind posting the deposit due date? Thanks in advance.


Mine is Aril 15 and I think it says so on my status checker. Im not sure about SU but at other schools I applied the dates can vary, so I'd call to be sure.

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Wactawshus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 pm

dey206 wrote:
Wactawshus wrote:Would somebody mind posting the deposit due date? Thanks in advance.


Mine is Aril 15 and I think it says so on my status checker. Im not sure about SU but at other schools I applied the dates can vary, so I'd call to be sure.


Thanks!

nketalk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nketalk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:47 pm

have been complete/decision pending for the part-time program since 1/12... I believed that my numbers were certainly competitive enough to have gotten admitted with $ by now, but am starting to grow frustrated by their inactivity.

The only other school I applied to was UW, but I have since been rejected there and have no desire to leave Seattle since I have a decent job here.

Anyone think it'd be wise to send some sort of "what's going on with my application!?" email to SU? It may sound ridiculous, but with every passing day I'm growing closer to thinking about saying screw it, withdrawing, and re-applying next year. I hate to sound like an immature jerk, but this is getting old.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dey206 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:02 pm

nketalk wrote:have been complete/decision pending for the part-time program since 1/12... I believed that my numbers were certainly competitive enough to have gotten admitted with $ by now, but am starting to grow frustrated by their inactivity.

The only other school I applied to was UW, but I have since been rejected there and have no desire to leave Seattle since I have a decent job here.

Anyone think it'd be wise to send some sort of "what's going on with my application!?" email to SU? It may sound ridiculous, but with every passing day I'm growing closer to thinking about saying screw it, withdrawing, and re-applying next year. I hate to sound like an immature jerk, but this is getting old.


send a LOCI and give them a call if you haven't recently. I think they say decisions are made 6-8 weeks so its worth a shot. good luck

fencod
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby fencod » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 am

So I was accepted via status checker last Friday but just recieved my letter today. I received the "Presidential Law Scholarship" which is $15k with the ability to renew for 2L and 3L as long as I maintain a top 25% GPA. I received more money from Loyola (29k a year w/ top 30% stip.) but I am leaning more towards Seattle U right now. Basically it comes down to this: Seattle U has a great reputation for it's social justice programs and Seattle is a way cooler city than LA.

I still haven't heard from UC Hastings or UC Davis, so yeses from either of those schools could seriously complicate my decision making process.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby dey206 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:32 pm

fencod wrote:So I was accepted via status checker last Friday but just recieved my letter today. I received the "Presidential Law Scholarship" which is $15k with the ability to renew for 2L and 3L as long as I maintain a top 25% GPA. I received more money from Loyola (29k a year w/ top 30% stip.) but I am leaning more towards Seattle U right now. Basically it comes down to this: Seattle U has a great reputation for it's social justice programs and Seattle is a way cooler city than LA.

I still haven't heard from UC Hastings or UC Davis, so yeses from either of those schools could seriously complicate my decision making process.


Congrats!

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Image

still no status checker!!! sent in my app 2 months ago, fvck me!

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:57 pm

So does anyone have a mac? How are you dealing with this and their computer issue? I just bought a new one a few months ago.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby deja » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 am

jarofsoup wrote:So does anyone have a mac? How are you dealing with this and their computer issue? I just bought a new one a few months ago.


+1. Looking at new computers and not sure which way to go yet bacause of compatability issues.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, elcamino4, gob707, jewls2230, Lhcarter22, Tennisgirl20 and 12 guests