Seattle University 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
restless
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby restless » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah, I got in 03/14. Went complete 01/18. Just waiting on the official letter...

ocbrody
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ocbrody » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

.
Last edited by ocbrody on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
layercake
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby layercake » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

restless wrote:Yeah, I got in 03/14. Went complete 01/18. Just waiting on the official letter...


Congrats! do they notify by email only if it is an acceptance? Actually does the online status checker say what the decision is when it changes? Thanks!

User avatar
restless
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby restless » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks :D Actually, I wasn't notified through e-mail. My status checker just changed to "Admitted." Today, I received an e-mail regarding an online conversation with SU law students. Hopefully the official packet will come soon. We don't have that many weeks left until the deposit deadline and I'm still unsure of where I want to go. It will depend largely on schollies, and I'm still waiting to hear from two schools (I'm looking at you, UW and Hastings).

User avatar
layercake
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby layercake » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:57 pm

restless wrote:Thanks :D Actually, I wasn't notified through e-mail. My status checker just changed to "Admitted." Today, I received an e-mail regarding an online conversation with SU law students. Hopefully the official packet will come soon. We don't have that many weeks left until the deposit deadline and I'm still unsure of where I want to go. It will depend largely on schollies, and I'm still waiting to hear from two schools (I'm looking at you, UW and Hastings).


Both good schools, good luck :) Prefer WA or CA?

User avatar
FourOnTheFloor
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby FourOnTheFloor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I got a package in the mail today from SU, but it just contained a brochure on financing my legal education. I'd like to take this as a hint that I've been accepted, but my status checker still says "decision pending". Oh well.

User avatar
restless
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby restless » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 pm

layercake wrote:
restless wrote:Thanks :D Actually, I wasn't notified through e-mail. My status checker just changed to "Admitted." Today, I received an e-mail regarding an online conversation with SU law students. Hopefully the official packet will come soon. We don't have that many weeks left until the deposit deadline and I'm still unsure of where I want to go. It will depend largely on schollies, and I'm still waiting to hear from two schools (I'm looking at you, UW and Hastings).


Both good schools, good luck :) Prefer WA or CA?


Great question. If, by some miracle, I'm accepted into BOTH, I'd have a really tough decision on my hands. It would come down to visiting both schools. Btw, I'm envious of your UW acceptance. :) Is that your first choice?

User avatar
layercake
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby layercake » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:59 pm

restless wrote:
layercake wrote:
restless wrote:Thanks :D Actually, I wasn't notified through e-mail. My status checker just changed to "Admitted." Today, I received an e-mail regarding an online conversation with SU law students. Hopefully the official packet will come soon. We don't have that many weeks left until the deposit deadline and I'm still unsure of where I want to go. It will depend largely on schollies, and I'm still waiting to hear from two schools (I'm looking at you, UW and Hastings).


Both good schools, good luck :) Prefer WA or CA?


Great question. If, by some miracle, I'm accepted into BOTH, I'd have a really tough decision on my hands. It would come down to visiting both schools. Btw, I'm envious of your UW acceptance. :) Is that your first choice?


UW is my first choice, I have family in WA and the tuition won't derail my life :) [Side note: I saw your post in UW (not stalking) but the longer you do not see anything in the mail box the better, I don't want to raise your hopes, but if you went DR on 3/11 and the Dean did not get to sign your letter until 3/14 then you should expect something by tomorrow or Saturday, at least that is based on my experience. Hopefully you will get in.]

User avatar
samtheclam1
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby samtheclam1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:03 am

hey all,

i recently got in and received no scholarships as far as i can tell. i was wondering if the scholarship papers came in the acceptance letter?
Also whether or not i could email them or call them and ask for something, tuition is so steep!

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby upfish » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:15 am

samtheclam1 wrote:hey all,

i recently got in and received no scholarships as far as i can tell. i was wondering if the scholarship papers came in the acceptance letter?
Also whether or not i could email them or call them and ask for something, tuition is so steep!


Scholarships come in the admit packet.

If you have offers from other schools, you might be able to leverage some $$ out of them.

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 pm

I completed in January and I still haven't received a status checker... is this as bad of a sign as i think it is?

ddawg819
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ddawg819 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:48 pm

IN today via status checker

User avatar
layercake
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby layercake » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:38 pm

I am in today via status checker as well!! I went complete in Jan.

User avatar
Julez
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Julez » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 pm

layercake wrote:I am in today via status checker as well!! I went complete in Jan.


+1

It was about time!

AmericaninManchuria
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby AmericaninManchuria » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:54 am

Got accepted! 3/14 (but just saw the status checker) I had almost given up on Seattle U. lol!
161/3.45

ffonsok
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ffonsok » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Admitted 3/14 via status checker, but no email or acceptance packet in the mail yet. Hoping it gets here monday before I leave for spring break.

User avatar
samtheclam1
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby samtheclam1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:28 pm

just so you guys know, when I received my admission packet in the mail it said nothing about any scholarship money, however, I received it separately a week later.

so dont assume just because it doesn't come in the packet, that you did not receive anything.

schan06
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby schan06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Seattle U sent a letter 2-3 weeks following the admission packet stating that a scholarship package would be coming in a few weeks. So if you're wondering why you did not receive any $$ with your admit letter don't worry it may be coming.

nketalk
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nketalk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 pm

went complete on 1/12 for the part-time program - still under review...

anyone else in a similar situation?

User avatar
ohhenry
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ohhenry » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Received acceptance package in the mail today with $10,000 diversity scholarship.

Numbers: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/jbman

SunshineKid
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby SunshineKid » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

i FINALLY got the link to the status checker today... i was so excited that you would have thought i was accepted.
.... it makes me rather apprehensive though that so many people have already received their decisions though.

fencod
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby fencod » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:43 pm

In today via the status checker. It is a bit of relief even though I was almost certain SU would take me. If SU offers me some scholarship, I think I'm going to be attending.

162/3.59 wa resident

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:49 pm

ohhenry wrote:Received acceptance package in the mail today with $10,000 diversity scholarship.

Numbers: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/jbman



Are you an URM?

chris0406
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby chris0406 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:18 pm

In today via status checker finally! Made my day :)

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby crossarmant » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 am

SunshineKid wrote:I completed in January and I still haven't received a status checker... is this as bad of a sign as i think it is?


I'm having a similiar issue and am very perturbed by that, seeing how as Seattle U is my #1 choice.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dala77, Google Adsense [Bot], oliviaj_j and 3 guests