Seattle University 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ffonsok
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ffonsok » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 am

Still 2/1 no decision made.
162/3.6 from UW
I feel confident about an acceptance, but I would still like to hear back soon :?

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Presidential Scholarship in the amount of 16,000$/yr contingent on top 25%

User avatar
Paste_Me
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Paste_Me » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 pm

ffonsok wrote:Still 2/1 no decision made.
162/3.6 from UW
I feel confident about an acceptance, but I would still like to hear back soon :?


I would not worry at all, they are deciding how much money to give you :mrgreen:

QOTSA
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby QOTSA » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:52 pm

ffonsok wrote:Still 2/1 no decision made.
162/3.6 from UW
I feel confident about an acceptance, but I would still like to hear back soon :?



I'm your number twin. From the UW too. They offered 14 a year. Not huge but nice.

ffonsok
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ffonsok » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Paste_Me wrote:
ffonsok wrote:Still 2/1 no decision made.
162/3.6 from UW
I feel confident about an acceptance, but I would still like to hear back soon :?


I would not worry at all, they are deciding how much money to give you :mrgreen:


Thanks for the confidence.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby deja » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:45 pm

ffonsok wrote:
Paste_Me wrote:
ffonsok wrote:Still 2/1 no decision made.
162/3.6 from UW
I feel confident about an acceptance, but I would still like to hear back soon :?


I would not worry at all, they are deciding how much money to give you :mrgreen:


Thanks for the confidence.


Yeah - you've got great numbers for L&C, so I'm sure you're golden there. Just drop in on ASW next week to see if they notice :)

ffonsok
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby ffonsok » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

deja wrote:Yeah - you've got great numbers for L&C, so I'm sure you're golden there. Just drop in on ASW next week to see if they notice :)


Sorry, what do you mean?

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby deja » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 pm

ffonsok wrote:
deja wrote:Yeah - you've got great numbers for L&C, so I'm sure you're golden there. Just drop in on ASW next week to see if they notice :)


Sorry, what do you mean?


The admitted students weekend is next week (17th & 18th). You should just go since you're in the PNW already and if nobody acts like you're not supposed to be there, then you're good -- must mean you're admitted :)

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Seattle is pretty much my top pick, I am from Texas and just love the city. I am super nervous about my app for part time because I fall just below the median. Does anyone know anything I can do to tilt the decision in my favor? I recall someone posting here about how they sent in a letter to one of the schools about why they wanted to attend that school when they were in committee.

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 am

Hey guys! I'm currently a 1L at SU and wanted to see if there are any questions out there that I can maybe help answer? I know I appreciated all the insight I could get when I was going through this process last year, so thought I'd extend the offer. Let me know!

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Wactawshus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:38 am

LadyLuck2010 wrote:Hey guys! I'm currently a 1L at SU and wanted to see if there are any questions out there that I can maybe help answer? I know I appreciated all the insight I could get when I was going through this process last year, so thought I'd extend the offer. Let me know!


Hello & thank you!

I'm wondering if you have any idea how many students they accepted off of the waitlist last cycle? Also, if you know whether any of those students were offered pt only admission, or if there were full time offers as well?

Thanks again

nkra
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nkra » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Emailed them this morning since I've been complete over 8 weeks. I was told that the committee hopes to have decisions rendered for all January completes out by the end of this week now.

chris0406
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby chris0406 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Anyone's status get updated today?

LadyLuck2010
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby LadyLuck2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:14 am

Wactawshus wrote:
LadyLuck2010 wrote:Hey guys! I'm currently a 1L at SU and wanted to see if there are any questions out there that I can maybe help answer? I know I appreciated all the insight I could get when I was going through this process last year, so thought I'd extend the offer. Let me know!


Hello & thank you!

I'm wondering if you have any idea how many students they accepted off of the waitlist last cycle? Also, if you know whether any of those students were offered pt only admission, or if there were full time offers as well?

Thanks again


I don't know how many were waitlisted, nor do I know how many were accepted from the waitlist. I would recommend calling the admissions office and asking where you fall on the waitlist to get an idea of your chances of getting in. I'm not sure the admissions people will be able to disclose any more than that, but it may be worth your time. The staff is really helpful and supportive. Sorry I can't be of more help with that!

nkra
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nkra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

I was wait listed today, in the email it said I need to respond to their online survey within 30 days to remain on their wait list. However, there is no link to a survey in their email, I can't find anything on their website, and no link to a survey appeared on my status checker. I want to stay on their wait list since Seattle is one of my top choices.

Anyone else on the wait list, how did you receive the link to this survey? Was it in your original email, or did it come in a secondary email or something?

-Thanks

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Wactawshus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 pm

nkra wrote:I was wait listed today, in the email it said I need to respond to their online survey within 30 days to remain on their wait list. However, there is no link to a survey in their email, I can't find anything on their website, and no link to a survey appeared on my status checker. I want to stay on their wait list since Seattle is one of my top choices.

Anyone else on the wait list, how did you receive the link to this survey? Was it in your original email, or did it come in a secondary email or something?

-Thanks


Hmmm.....I think the link was provided in the original email they sent notifying me of the WL.

I would probably either reply to the email they sent you or call and politely explain that there is no link & could they possibly try to resend it.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby gens1tb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm a bit confused, my letter says $16k, but the SU website says my scholly caps at 15k...

nkra
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby nkra » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Wactawshus wrote:
nkra wrote:I was wait listed today, in the email it said I need to respond to their online survey within 30 days to remain on their wait list. However, there is no link to a survey in their email, I can't find anything on their website, and no link to a survey appeared on my status checker. I want to stay on their wait list since Seattle is one of my top choices.

Anyone else on the wait list, how did you receive the link to this survey? Was it in your original email, or did it come in a secondary email or something?

-Thanks


Hmmm.....I think the link was provided in the original email they sent notifying me of the WL.

I would probably either reply to the email they sent you or call and politely explain that there is no link & could they possibly try to resend it.


Thanks, I'll have to give them a call later when I get a chance.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby JakeL » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm

gens1tb wrote:I'm a bit confused, my letter says $16k, but the SU website says my scholly caps at 15k...


Why don't you just call them and tell them they've made an error then? Maybe they'll fix it so you can feel better and have 15K a year instead.

Your not the only one though. Look at LSN. Some people have received 18k.

Michael_Vick
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:52 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby Michael_Vick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm

.
Last edited by Michael_Vick on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby JakeL » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Michael_Vick wrote:LSN users may have reported the sum of their schollys. So, 18k = 6k annually.


Why did you post this without actually looking at LSN?

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby gens1tb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 pm

JakeL wrote:
gens1tb wrote:I'm a bit confused, my letter says $16k, but the SU website says my scholly caps at 15k...


Why don't you just call them and tell them they've made an error then? Maybe they'll fix it so you can feel better and have 15K a year instead.

Your not the only one though. Look at LSN. Some people have received 18k.


what's youre problem?

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby JakeL » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Sorry, I was just trying to imply that you shouldn't be confused, but grateful! :)

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby gens1tb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:43 pm

JakeL wrote:Sorry, I was just trying to imply that you shouldn't be confused, but grateful! :)


oh ;D

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Seattle University 2011

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 pm

I am debating between Seattle and Pacific at the moment. Does Seattle place well in WA?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dietcoke1, Google Adsense [Bot], loslakers, potatocowpower, smashbash and 11 guests