Creighton for Fall of 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
expressway
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby expressway » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:27 am

Got my acceptance packet today. Thought it was a nice touch that the acceptance letter was personalized - there were comments specific to my personal statement, and a handwritten note commenting on my PS again and my acceptance.

Made me feel like more than just an anonymous number, which was nice.

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:31 am

Would anyone in the vicinity of Creighton be willing to snap a couple of pictures of the building (courtroom, library, and maybe a classroom?) and post them on here? I'm considering attending but won't be able to make it out to ASD. I'd really appreciate it!

bloobook
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby bloobook » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:50 pm

.
Last edited by bloobook on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby kkklick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Just withdrew today which also frees up some $. Good luck!

CUpete2010
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby CUpete2010 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Went to Creighton for undergrad, but I too will be withdrawing myself. They offered me 22K a year, but I think I am going to have to go with unl. It is the same price for me and they seem to have a stronger alumni network. The facilities at Creighton are rather outdated, but they do have an incredible library that was just redone in the past several years. Hopefully I just freed up some money for someone!

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Creighton is hopelessly deadlocked on my application. :evil:

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:13 pm

I've been considering putting a deposit down at Creighton, but was denied my plea for additional money (I do realize 4k is quite generous of Creighton for someone with my numbers). Still, the 150k+ in debt just doesn't seem worth it when I could just wait a year, retake, and hopefully go to Creighton (or somewhere else) for cheaper.

I already know I like Omaha, and would probably enjoy the school and my experience there. Of all the schools I've visited, I've liked Gonzaga and Creighton the best. (caveat: I guess I just like Omaha. I've spent a lot of time in Omaha, but never have been on the Creighton campus).

Who knows if I'm right in my thinking. Anyone have any thoughts? I mean the worst case scenario (If I do no better on the LSAT) is the exact same situation in a year right?

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:I've been considering putting a deposit down at Creighton, but was denied my plea for additional money (I do realize 4k is quite generous of Creighton for someone with my numbers). Still, the 150k+ in debt just doesn't seem worth it when I could just wait a year, retake, and hopefully go to Creighton (or somewhere else) for cheaper.

I already know I like Omaha, and would probably enjoy the school and my experience there. Of all the schools I've visited, I've liked Gonzaga and Creighton the best. (caveat: I guess I just like Omaha. I've spent a lot of time in Omaha, but never have been on the Creighton campus).

Who knows if I'm right in my thinking. Anyone have any thoughts? I mean the worst case scenario (If I do no better on the LSAT) is the exact same situation in a year right?


All I have heard about Creighton is nothing but good things. Just wondering why do you think it would be 150k+ for school?? I heard cost of living out there is fairly cheap.. I am hoping that at the worst 110, 115.. but maybe its wishful thinking. That being said I have pretty similar numbers and just a few points higher on the LSAT and I got offered more money. so it might be worth a retake.

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:51 am

jpjpporter wrote:All I have heard about Creighton is nothing but good things. Just wondering why do you think it would be 150k+ for school?? I heard cost of living out there is fairly cheap.. I am hoping that at the worst 110, 115.. but maybe its wishful thinking. That being said I have pretty similar numbers and just a few points higher on the LSAT and I got offered more money. so it might be worth a retake.


52k was the estimated COA in my financial aid award letter. 3x that is 156k..

Also, that's probably too low as my wife isn't included in the living expenses estimate.

Also, my wife is dead set on attending beauty school next year (even though she already has a bachelor's). That means more debt and no income next year.

Factoring in tuition hikes, possible babies, etc. 150k becomes a VERY "conservative" estimate.

serdog
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby serdog » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:51 pm

IN with a Frances M Ryan Scholarship

sundance13
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 am

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby sundance13 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 pm

So is the consensus that when the status checker requirement list changes to "First Deposit Received, Second Deposit Received, Final Transcript Received" that an acceptance letter is on the way? Because I don't want to get too excited, but I sorta am!

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:37 pm

sundance13 wrote:So is the consensus that when the status checker requirement list changes to "First Deposit Received, Second Deposit Received, Final Transcript Received" that an acceptance letter is on the way? Because I don't want to get too excited, but I sorta am!


Yes, you're in.

Enjoy this victory song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8E6ouSiC0

sundance13
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 am

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby sundance13 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:46 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
sundance13 wrote:So is the consensus that when the status checker requirement list changes to "First Deposit Received, Second Deposit Received, Final Transcript Received" that an acceptance letter is on the way? Because I don't want to get too excited, but I sorta am!


Yes, you're in.

Enjoy this victory song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8E6ouSiC0


Perfect celebratory video. That gorilla was very...inspiring?

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Creighton for Fall of 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am

Just withdrew from Creighton. Good luck to those on the WL!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, Google Adsense [Bot], KeYe88, notsolawful, Solidfood, Yahoo [Bot], Zoe107 and 7 guests