bad economy + more lawyers = no hope? prove them wrong.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
caligulove

bad economy + more lawyers = no hope? prove them wrong.

Postby caligulove » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 am

As I go through these threads and consider my options for law school next year, I can't help but notice the negative thoughts that so many people hold about heading into law school, with all the worries of not finding employment and getting into the right school that will help us beat the poor conditions. So many of us have ripped hard on a lot of schools, throwing around numbers, economic considerations, and graph after graph of admissions stats and the like (I myself have taken part in this). I realize now that there doesn't seem to be a thread where people can express their hopes for the future, whether they're headed to Yale or the very bottom of tier 4. I just thought I'd get one started. If you feel the need to be negative then go ahead, it all adds to the flavor! However, please know that the aim behind this is so that people get a chance to write something that lets people know that they aren't just their LSAT scores or LSDAS calculated GPA or the rank of the school they get into. We all want to go into law to do something for ourselves or others or both. This thread is for all of us. That said, whatever you say on here will reflect what kind of lawyer you will be.

Cheers c/o 2014!

Columbia Law

Re: bad economy + more lawyers = no hope? prove them wrong.

Postby Columbia Law » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 am

caligulove wrote:As I go through these threads and consider my options for law school next year, I can't help but notice the negative thoughts that so many people hold about heading into law school, with all the worries of not finding employment and getting into the right school that will help us beat the poor conditions. So many of us have ripped hard on a lot of schools, throwing around numbers, economic considerations, and graph after graph of admissions stats and the like (I myself have taken part in this). I realize now that there doesn't seem to be a thread where people can express their hopes for the future, whether they're headed to Yale or the very bottom of tier 4. I just thought I'd get one started. If you feel the need to be negative then go ahead, it all adds to the flavor! However, please know that the aim behind this is so that people get a chance to write something that lets people know that they aren't just their LSAT scores or LSDAS calculated GPA or the rank of the school they get into. We all want to go into law to do something for ourselves or others or both. This thread is for all of us. That said, whatever you say on here will reflect what kind of lawyer you will be.

Cheers c/o 2014!

No offense, but what were you hoping to accomplish by starting this thread?

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:26 am

1) retake
2) don't go to law school

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:28 am

None taken, but I'm not looking to accomplish anything but what people want to make of it.

iamcutdacheck

Postby iamcutdacheck » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 am

IAFG wrote:1) retake

Kanyed

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 am

iamcutdacheck wrote:

Kanyed

ha!

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:44 am

TCR.

I've become jaded by TLS :cry:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”