Updated Transcripts

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Updated Transcripts

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Anyone else sending a grade update? I ordered transcripts for Yale, Harvard, and Columbia to be sent directly to their admissions offices. My GPA is getting a slight bump so I figured it was worth it.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:23 pm

I did it too (with a slight GPA bump), but I'm sending it through LSAC as an update. Do those schools prefer for it to be sent directly?

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm not sure. I didn't know how LSAC would handle it so I just had them sent right to the schools.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby coug11 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm sending it to the LSAC and then, once the LSAC processes it, e-mailing the schools to let them know that the LSAC has my updated transcripts.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 pm

I think LSAC method works best, especially if you are getting a good GPA boost. I only sent mine because I got a 4.0. It will only give me .05 of a cumulative GPA boost, but I want them to see that I am still improving my app, kind of an LOCI of sorts.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 pm

slax wrote:I think LSAC method works best, especially if you are getting a good GPA boost. I only sent mine because I got a 4.0. It will only give me .05 of a cumulative GPA boost, but I want them to see that I am still improving my app, kind of an LOCI of sorts.


+1. Mine was only a +0.02 boost, but it was a 4.0 as well.

I'm planning on calling the admissions offices of all of the places I'm applying to this afternoon, and I'll post what I find out here.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:50 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
slax wrote:I think LSAC method works best, especially if you are getting a good GPA boost. I only sent mine because I got a 4.0. It will only give me .05 of a cumulative GPA boost, but I want them to see that I am still improving my app, kind of an LOCI of sorts.


+1. Mine was only a +0.02 boost, but it was a 4.0 as well.

I'm planning on calling the admissions offices of all of the places I'm applying to this afternoon, and I'll post what I find out here.



Nice. Thanks in advance. Maybe I'll change my request if they all favor LSAC

User avatar
Birdlaw
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby Birdlaw » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 pm

My G.P.A. went down, like .03 or something like that. Should I just not send it in unless requested? How do most schools approach the new year, just requesting recent transcripts in really close situations?

I hate Spanish, Senor Chang would be a better teacher than mine.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Birdlaw wrote:My G.P.A. went down, like .03 or something like that. Should I just not send it in unless requested? How do most schools approach the new year, just requesting recent transcripts in really close situations?

I hate Spanish, Senor Chang would be a better teacher than mine.


My best guess: don't send it in unless A) they request it, or B) it can help you. I don't think you're under any obligation to send it in unless they specifically ask you for it.

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:14 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
Birdlaw wrote:My G.P.A. went down, like .03 or something like that. Should I just not send it in unless requested? How do most schools approach the new year, just requesting recent transcripts in really close situations?

I hate Spanish, Senor Chang would be a better teacher than mine.


My best guess: don't send it in unless A) they request it, or B) it can help you. I don't think you're under any obligation to send it in unless they specifically ask you for it.



+1 Dont send it unless they ask.

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby jtb00711 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Went to the Registrar's office on campus today to get a copy of my updated transcript, closed until the 3rd! Not too happy about this. My increase was only +0.04 but I wanted to get it mailed out ASAP. Guess I'll wait till after New Years.

I forgot to ask... Do they need an "official" copy of my entire transcript or will a copy of my fall semester grades be sufficient for LSAC?

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 pm

The general consensus I got from my calls to the admissions office (I called some, but stopped after they were all giving me the same answer) is that it doesn't matter, because it'll end up in the same place anyway. One advantage to sending them directly is that it might get updated faster (Columbia said LSAC updates can take 7-10 days).

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:47 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:The general consensus I got from my calls to the admissions office (I called some, but stopped after they were all giving me the same answer) is that it doesn't matter, because it'll end up in the same place anyway. One advantage to sending them directly is that it might get updated faster (Columbia said LSAC updates can take 7-10 days).



Good to know. One advantage for the LSAC route is only paying for transcripts once. Haha wish I thought of that before I paid for 3 sets!

beatrock
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby beatrock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:10 pm

So I sent an updated transcript to LSAC today - will they automatically generate updated reports for the schools I applied to?

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby Mike12188 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:17 pm

jtb00711 wrote:Went to the Registrar's office on campus today to get a copy of my updated transcript, closed until the 3rd! Not too happy about this. My increase was only +0.04 but I wanted to get it mailed out ASAP. Guess I'll wait till after New Years.

I forgot to ask... Do they need an "official" copy of my entire transcript or will a copy of my fall semester grades be sufficient for LSAC?


Psshh...My grades were requested and I don't even finish finals until Thursday. Final grades won't be posted until the 6th :cry:

User avatar
DukeCornell
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby DukeCornell » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:19 pm

slax wrote:Anyone else sending a grade update? I ordered transcripts for Yale, Harvard, and Columbia to be sent directly to their admissions offices. My GPA is getting a slight bump so I figured it was worth it.


This would be an awesome idea if I graduated in December. Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

beatrock
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby beatrock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:29 pm

beatrock wrote:So I sent an updated transcript to LSAC today - will they automatically generate updated reports for the schools I applied to?


Bump

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby coug11 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 pm

beatrock wrote:
beatrock wrote:So I sent an updated transcript to LSAC today - will they automatically generate updated reports for the schools I applied to?


Bump


Yes, but you may want to e-mail the schools and let them know that the LSAC has an updated report. I'm on Duke's PR list, and that's what they told me to do if I want to update my transcript.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 pm

coug11 wrote:
beatrock wrote:
beatrock wrote:So I sent an updated transcript to LSAC today - will they automatically generate updated reports for the schools I applied to?


Bump


Yes, but you may want to e-mail the schools and let them know that the LSAC has an updated report. I'm on Duke's PR list, and that's what they told me to do if I want to update my transcript.


Also keep in mind that while all schools will get the update, they vary widely in how often they get updates from LSAC (anywhere from daily to biweekly). Definitely worthwhile to email after the transcript arrives at LSAC, to let the schools know that you've updated it.

LawSchoolApp11
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby LawSchoolApp11 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 am

Does anyone know if LSAC forwards transcript guides to Law Schools along with the transcript?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”