Applying in Februrary

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
birdlaw117

Re: Applying in Februrary

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:41 am

LittlePete83 wrote:haha, you know what? I've just gotten shit from so many people that I've had to thicken my skin when it comes to my future. As for my logic, I don't think anything in this post could be used to construct a decent LSAT logic question. I guess my point is that you have to have the balls to do what you want to do even when there are people telling you not to or that you can't. (Really) long story short, do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

As for me, I know that my UG GPA isn't anywhere near top school standards which is fine. I live in Colorado and want to stay in-state. My softs are pretty great including a 4.0 in a legal-oriented master's program. Hopefully taking the extra two months to study will help me out more than getting an app in. I would have taken a risk either way so, here I am. Saturday night on some law school message board like it's 1998 or something.

Just so you know, not only do you have to have the balls to do what you want to do even when people tell you otherwise, you also have to have the humility to recognize when other people know better than you. You apparently have mastered one, but not both, of these traits.

Oh, and here's an LSAT Question that couldn't possibly be made out of your logic:

Some people who have the balls to go against people's advice get into good law schools. Some people who have humility get into good law schools. Only those who have a well-done application get into good law schools. Therefore, only those who have the balls and have humility get into good law schools. Which of the following must be true?

A. Good law schools like balls
B. In order to have a well-done application, one must have balls and humility
C. Someone without balls has humility
D. Well-done applications include pictures of balls
E. LittlePete doesn't have balls

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:42 am

LittlePete83 wrote:It's not self sabotage. It's trying something that certain people are too scared to do. I couldn't take the LSATs in October or December because of personal reasons. Sure I wish I could have but life happened. I've been working my ass off to get to there I am today and I'll be damned if I'm not going to take every single chance I get to apply to law school, late or otherwise. There's no harm in applying for Fall 2011 especially with fee waivers.

And thanks for the luck but I don't need it. I make shit happen. If I listened to people like you, I would be sweeping up hair at Great Clips. Now go pump my gas. I haven't got all day.

are you in NJ or OR?

otherwise, pump your own damn gas.

iamcutdacheck

Postby iamcutdacheck » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:06 am

having balls -> questionable logic

I hope I didnt commit mistaken reversal, if thats the case then women have been right all along.

LittlePete83

Postby LittlePete83 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:41 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
LittlePete83 wrote:haha, you know what? I've just gotten shit from so many people that I've had to thicken my skin when it comes to my future. As for my logic, I don't think anything in this post could be used to construct a decent LSAT logic question. I guess my point is that you have to have the balls to do what you want to do even when there are people telling you not to or that you can't. (Really) long story short, do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

As for me, I know that my UG GPA isn't anywhere near top school standards which is fine. I live in Colorado and want to stay in-state. My softs are pretty great including a 4.0 in a legal-oriented master's program. Hopefully taking the extra two months to study will help me out more than getting an app in. I would have taken a risk either way so, here I am. Saturday night on some law school message board like it's 1998 or something.

Just so you know, not only do you have to have the balls to do what you want to do even when people tell you otherwise, you also have to have the humility to recognize when other people know better than you. You apparently have mastered one, but not both, of these traits.

Oh, and here's an LSAT Question that couldn't possibly be made out of your logic:

Some people who have the balls to go against people's advice get into good law schools. Some people who have humility get into good law schools. Only those who have a well-done application get into good law schools. Therefore, only those who have the balls and have humility get into good law schools. Which of the following must be true?

A. Good law schools like balls
B. In order to have a well-done application, one must have balls and humility
C. Someone without balls has humility
D. Well-done applications include pictures of balls
E. LittlePete doesn't have balls

You know what, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I know that I'm not the smartest person posting here and I NEVER claimed to be. Show me how you logically came to that conclusion.

Oh, and @JenDarby, would you be a doll and clean up after my dog? I don't trust you near my car you nosy bitch. Mind your business.

And with that, I'm done. Debating LSAT scores with college seniors is about as entertaining as watching Two and a Half Men while sober.

chup

Postby chup » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 am

LittlePete83 wrote:And with that, I'm done.

Well at least you got that part right.

Enjoy your timeout.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 am

I was thinking about this guy a bit more, and I think he could very well be one hell of a lawyer. He'll get enormously pissed off about this, and you guys will laugh. But I think he's the type of person makes true "fuck you" money as an ambulance chaser. While all of you are grinding away 80-100 hours a week shoveling largely meaningless paperwork around for big corporations, this guy will run ads on TV saying, "Have you been injured at work? Call Little Pete to make sure you're getting the treatment you deserve." He obviously needs to cool off enough that he can actually get through law school. But the very same personality traits that would make him a bad fit for white shoe corporate law could earn him hundreds of thousands of dollars suing big corporations.

Just a thought.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 am

LittlePete83 wrote:You know what, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I know that I'm not the smartest person posting here and I NEVER claimed to be. Show me how you logically came to that conclusion.

Oh, and @JenDarby, would you be a doll and clean up after my dog? I don't trust you near my car you nosy bitch. Mind your business.

And with that, I'm done. Debating LSAT scores with college seniors is about as entertaining as watching Two and a Half Men while sober.

I was going to throw in a :wink: maybe that would have cooled your mood. Perhaps a cookie, or a small parade?

DieAntwoord

Postby DieAntwoord » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:05 am

ahduth wrote:I was thinking about this guy a bit more, and I think he could very well be one hell of a lawyer. He'll get enormously pissed off about this, and you guys will laugh. But I think he's the type of person makes true "fuck you" money as an ambulance chaser. While all of you are grinding away 80-100 hours a week shoveling largely meaningless paperwork around for big corporations, this guy will run ads on TV saying, "Have you been injured at work? Call Little Pete to make sure you're getting the treatment you deserve." He obviously needs to cool off enough that he can actually get through law school. But the very same personality traits that would make him a bad fit for white shoe corporate law could earn him hundreds of thousands of dollars suing big corporations.

Just a thought.

+1
I'd hire him.

DieAntwoord

Postby DieAntwoord » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:21 am

You know what, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I know that I'm not the smartest person posting here and I NEVER claimed to be(I'm just a caveman, and this world is soooo confusing, because, I'm a caveman, and I was unfroven by what you call, scientists.) Show me how you logically came to that conclusion.

And with that, I'm done. Debating LSAT scores with college seniors is about as entertaining as watching Two and a Half Men while sober.[/quote]

Pioneer2006

Postby Pioneer2006 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Am I the only one who agrees with LittlePete? From the sound of it, he/she was just trying to make the point that they didn't care about what the haters said and will to apply in February regardless. Just because someone doesn't play by your rules doesn't mean they're wrong. Each one of us has different life situations, applications, test scores, and GPAs so just drop it. If people were being jerks to me, I would defend myself like that, too. He/she dished it out, took it, and bowed out. Maybe each of you should follow suit. While this was entertaining, get over it. You were owned.

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Pioneer2006 wrote:Am I the only one who agrees with LittlePete? From the sound of it, he/she was just trying to make the point that they didn't care about what the haters said and will to apply in February regardless. Just because someone doesn't play by your rules doesn't mean they're wrong. Each one of us has different life situations, applications, test scores, and GPAs so just drop it. If people were being jerks to me, I would defend myself like that, too. He/she dished it out, took it, and bowed out. Maybe each of you should follow suit. While this was entertaining, get over it. You were owned.

It's hilarious how obvious it is that this is LittlePete's alt. "You were owned?" That's so petty.

Best of luck to anyone applying in February. Honestly, the fact that the test is non-disclosed is almost as scary as the lateness of where you are in the cycle.

Pioneer2006

Postby Pioneer2006 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:
Pioneer2006 wrote:Am I the only one who agrees with LittlePete? From the sound of it, he/she was just trying to make the point that they didn't care about what the haters said and will to apply in February regardless. Just because someone doesn't play by your rules doesn't mean they're wrong. Each one of us has different life situations, applications, test scores, and GPAs so just drop it. If people were being jerks to me, I would defend myself like that, too. He/she dished it out, took it, and bowed out. Maybe each of you should follow suit. While this was entertaining, get over it. You were owned.

It's hilarious how obvious it is that this is LittlePete's alt. "You were owned?" That's so petty.

Best of luck to anyone applying in February. Honestly, the fact that the test is non-disclosed is almost as scary as the lateness of where you are in the cycle.

I don't know this person from Adam. I just agree with what they're saying. Plus I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. Believe what you want to believe, though.

Pioneer2006

Postby Pioneer2006 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:11 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:

And I think people surpassed "petty" 25 posts back. This has just turned into an off-topic attack from all sides on the behalf of everyone.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”