admissions over the holidays Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mistermister

Bronze

admissions over the holidays

Post by mistermister » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 pm

what can be expected in terms of admissions activity over the next 2.5 weeks. Will schools be sending decision the week before Christmas? The week between Christmas and New Years?

Spinozist21

Silver

Re: admissions over the holidays

Post by Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:58 pm

I would guess there would be some the week before and then right before 1.1.11

neveragain224

New

Post by neveragain224 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Does anyone know of a way to find out admissions decisions that solely come by snail mail if you are going home for the holidays? My building won't forward mail for only three weeks.

Teflon1974

New

Post by Teflon1974 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm

neveragain224 wrote:Does anyone know of a way to find out admissions decisions that solely come by snail mail if you are going home for the holidays? My building won't forward mail for only three weeks.
The post office will. Go to your local post office and ask them to hold or forward your mail for that time period.

neveragain224

New

Post by neveragain224 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:
neveragain224 wrote:Does anyone know of a way to find out admissions decisions that solely come by snail mail if you are going home for the holidays? My building won't forward mail for only three weeks.
The post office will. Go to your local post office and ask them to hold or forward your mail for that time period.
The only problem is I had my application addresses set to my school's post office, which is refusing to forward over winter break. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat and how they planned to deal with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Don't know if this is useful/will work in your situation, and it's not cheap, but I figured I'd throw this option out there as well: http://www.usps.com/receive/premiumforwarding/ There's also supposedly a cheaper forwarding service you can use through USPS, but I can't find a link to it. I also have heard some serious mail delay complaints from people who have used it.

Has anyone actually forwarded their mail from their school address to their home address for the break? I am really tempted to. I have a feeling if I do, I won't receive a single snail-mail only decision over break, and if I don't, I will get some magical decisions from reach schools in a mixed batch of acceptances and denials and be left waiting for awhile.

Iceman389

Bronze

Post by Iceman389 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm not sure if you guys have this option but my school said that I could call once a week and ask them to look for any specific pieces of mail and if one of them is there then they would forward it. I'm in the same boat though no automatic forward.

Woods, Elle

Bronze

Post by Woods, Elle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:20 pm

I think you could also email the school. For example St. John's said they sent a decision last Thursday, and if I didn't get it by tomorrow I could email (which I will be doing). I think you could probably do the same with other schools, I'm sure they'd understand.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:00 am

Is it even worth it to have mail forwarded? It seems like USPS would just screw up and end up losing a lot of my mail.

Do any schools even release decisions/schollys from Dec 15 - Jan 15?

LegallyBlonde923

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlonde923 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:28 am

leopardRAWR wrote:Don't know if this is useful/will work in your situation, and it's not cheap, but I figured I'd throw this option out there as well: http://www.usps.com/receive/premiumforwarding/ There's also supposedly a cheaper forwarding service you can use through USPS, but I can't find a link to it. I also have heard some serious mail delay complaints from people who have used it.

Has anyone actually forwarded their mail from their school address to their home address for the break? I am really tempted to. I have a feeling if I do, I won't receive a single snail-mail only decision over break, and if I don't, I will get some magical decisions from reach schools in a mixed batch of acceptances and denials and be left waiting for awhile.
I haven't tried the temporary forwarding, but I recently moved and am dealing with the fall out of permanent forwarding. It takes forever to start working, and in the meantime they've been hording our mail at the post office. When I showed up to ask for it, they informed me I can't access it until the forwarding kicks in. It's a pain.

I'm just leaving my mail and driving the hour to school to check if I see TLS lighting up with mailings, I don't want to play with it... :? just my opinion though

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”