When to Cancel the CRS

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
coug11

When to Cancel the CRS

Postby coug11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 am

When are people canceling the LSAC CRS? At the end of the cycle? Now? I've already applied to all the schools that I'm going to, and was accepted at 2 of them, and I'm sick of getting e-mails and mailings from schools that I have no intention of applying to. Would it be detrimental in any way to cancel it?

SortOfObsessed

Re: When to Cancel the CRS

Postby SortOfObsessed » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:56 am

coug11 wrote:When are people canceling the LSAC CRS? At the end of the cycle? Now? I've already applied to all the schools that I'm going to, and was accepted at 2 of them, and I'm sick of getting e-mails and mailings from schools that I have no intention of applying to. Would it be detrimental in any way to cancel it?

+ infinity

I would love to know the answer to this as well.

It's incredibly stressful as you're waiting for your decisions to arrive in your inbox, to be spammed by schools you've never heard of. Seriously University of Mississippi Law School, why do I care if your admissions office is closed from now till Jan 3rd?? :?

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:41 pm

SortOfObsessed wrote:
coug11 wrote:When are people canceling the LSAC CRS? At the end of the cycle? Now? I've already applied to all the schools that I'm going to, and was accepted at 2 of them, and I'm sick of getting e-mails and mailings from schools that I have no intention of applying to. Would it be detrimental in any way to cancel it?

+ infinity

It's incredibly stressful as you're waiting for your decisions to arrive in your inbox, to be spammed by schools you've never heard of. Seriously University of Mississippi Law School, why do I care if your admissions office is closed from now till Jan 3rd?? :?

+1 Haha, when I got that I was like... huh?

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Why don't you disable it? I never activated it and never got emails from random schools I have no interest applying to.
Last edited by ISTAND on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bryannance

Postby bryannance » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
SortOfObsessed wrote:

+ infinity

+1 Haha, when I got that I was like... huh?

+2 Ha, was about to punch my computer screen when I saw that.

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 pm

SortOfObsessed wrote:Seriously University of Mississippi Law School, why do I care if your admissions office is closed from now till Jan 3rd?? :?

That e-mail was really weird. One of the lines from it urged me to e-mail them, saying that "I will be checking my email but it might be timely before you get a reply." Is that some use of "timely" I've never heard of, or am I right in suspecting that they meant "a while" and just used a word that makes no sense in context?

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 pm

ISTAND wrote:Why don't you disable it? I never activated it and never got emails from random schools I have no interest applying to.

you probably never got fee waivers, either.

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:52 pm

dbrddr wrote:
ISTAND wrote:Why don't you disable it? I never activated it and never got emails from random schools I have no interest applying to.

I disabled it and asked for fee waivers from the schools I was applying to. It worked pretty well and no weird emails. :D
And if your done applying you wouldn't really need fee waivers anymore.

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't know why it's so agitating to have to delete a couple of e-mails every morning. Some of them are even entertaining! The one with the subject line "Georgia State University College of Law - We're #1" is a classic, and I'd never want to cut e-mails like that off.

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 pm

dbrddr wrote:

That's true. If you need it activated for waivers then disregard deactivation advice.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”