Texas Tech Fall 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby A12345 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:13 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:In. I'll be there on the 10th.


Did you just receive notice today? Here is hoping for a nice scholarship if you haven't already received one. Tech is pretty generous with scholarships. I received one that would only leave tuition at a few thousand per year and requires me to remain in the top 50%

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby TJISMYHERO » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:35 pm

A12345 wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:In. I'll be there on the 10th.


Did you just receive notice today? Here is hoping for a nice scholarship if you haven't already received one. Tech is pretty generous with scholarships. I received one that would only leave tuition at a few thousand per year and requires me to remain in the top 50%


Yes, I received the letter today. I am definitely hoping for a nice scholarship, it appears most people received scholarship info within a few days of the acceptance letter. Did this happen for you? I am interested in Tech primarily as a low/no debt option and their water management program is intriguing. Would you mind sharing or PM'ing me your numbers so I have an idea of what to expect?

Thanks

dallaslawgurl
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby dallaslawgurl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

txadv11 wrote:
A12345 wrote:Anyone attending the Dallas reception on february 10th? I think I'm going to go.

Yeah I'd like to.
as soon as I can get off of the damn waitlist :(


+1

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby txag10 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 pm

dallaslawgurl wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
A12345 wrote:Anyone attending the Dallas reception on february 10th? I think I'm going to go.

Yeah I'd like to.
as soon as I can get off of the damn waitlist :(


+1

+2

Aldenita
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Aldenita » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 pm

They sent out my letter on Monday and I still haven't received it :(

too old for this sh*
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby too old for this sh* » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Aldenita wrote:They sent out my letter on Monday and I still haven't received it :(


It is entirely possible the screwy Texas weather this week has impacted outgoing mail...figure it was probably being routed through DFW and they have had commercial and cargo issues throughout the week.

And that does not even begin to factor in any delays on the ground...we actually just got a FedEx envelope yesterday in the office (north of Houston) that was sent from San Antonio last Wednesday...as a next-day air express.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm

I haven't had mail twice this week. We get at least junk mail every single day.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Got my ding letter today. Good luck to all y'all that are still waiting and congrats to all that have been admitted.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:00 pm

What is going on with this cycle? People with 160's aren't getting in. People with decent or acceptable GPA's and ABOVE median LSAT scores aren't either...

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:00 pm

txadv11 wrote:What is going on with this cycle? People with 160's aren't getting in. People with decent or acceptable GPA's and ABOVE median LSAT scores aren't either...

Well, I've got a 2.56 GPA to go along with my 161 LSAT, and I guess URM can't overcome that steep of a GPA deficit.

Still hokding out hope for my cycle, though.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:16 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:What is going on with this cycle? People with 160's aren't getting in. People with decent or acceptable GPA's and ABOVE median LSAT scores aren't either...

Well, I've got a 2.56 GPA to go along with my 161 LSAT, and I guess URM can't overcome that steep of a GPA deficit.

Still hokding out hope for my cycle, though.


True...I guess I'd just assume your #s would at least get you in.... I can just see your numbers getting you in at Baylor, U of H, even SMU... (from LSN trends)

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:What is going on with this cycle? People with 160's aren't getting in. People with decent or acceptable GPA's and ABOVE median LSAT scores aren't either...

Well, I've got a 2.56 GPA to go along with my 161 LSAT, and I guess URM can't overcome that steep of a GPA deficit.

Still hokding out hope for my cycle, though.


True...I guess I'd just assume your #s would at least get you in.... I can just see your numbers getting you in at Baylor, U of H, even SMU... (from LSN trends)

Yeah, I got deferred to RD at SMU and I've been under review at UH since 1/4. Hopefully both of those are good.

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby A12345 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Anyone go to the Austin reception on the 3rd? Any interesting news to report of how it went?

dallaslawgurl
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby dallaslawgurl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 pm

txadv11 wrote:What is going on with this cycle? People with 160's aren't getting in. People with decent or acceptable GPA's and ABOVE median LSAT scores aren't either...


This is good for me!...Hopefully my personal statement, letters of rec, evaluations and LOCI will help me get in. I've got passion, a heck of a background and a story.
I'm on the WL right now *crosses fingers*

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Kinderby » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:06 am

Decision Rendered yesterday!

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Mce252 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 pm

I got the 2010-2011 brochure yesterday and I was really impressed with their presentation of the school.

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby A12345 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Mce252 wrote:I got the 2010-2011 brochure yesterday and I was really impressed with their presentation of the school.


Did you request it or did they just send you one?

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Mce252 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:19 pm

I requested it on their website. I suggest it if you've been admitted or are considering Tech.

A12345 wrote:
Mce252 wrote:I got the 2010-2011 brochure yesterday and I was really impressed with their presentation of the school.


Did you request it or did they just send you one?

irenic
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby irenic » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am

Mce252 wrote:I requested it on their website. I suggest it if you've been admitted or are considering Tech.

A12345 wrote:
Mce252 wrote:I got the 2010-2011 brochure yesterday and I was really impressed with their presentation of the school.


Did you request it or did they just send you one?


I got the brochure yesterday as well and I did not request it. I am a waitlisted applicant.

graceful1
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby graceful1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Applied 11/03 RD
Accepted 12/17
151/3.91

Aldenita
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Aldenita » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 am

I got my acceptance letter this week and they wrote a cute little message on the bottom because my dad and uncle went there :)

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Mce252 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Aldenita wrote:I got my acceptance letter this week and they wrote a cute little message on the bottom because my dad and uncle went there :)


Haha, it may just be because they like to personalize their letters. I got a message too and no one in my family has been to law school.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Kinderby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Yup, I think we all get a personalized message. Mine was so cute, though, even if it just proves that he skimmed my PS before writing it, STILL.

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby A12345 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Kinderby wrote:Yup, I think we all get a personalized message. Mine was so cute, though, even if it just proves that he skimmed my PS before writing it, STILL.



Yea I met Stephen Perez (the one writing the little messages at the bottom of our acceptance letters) at the accepted students reception this past week and he is a super nice guy and very easy to talk to. That little message goes a long way in making you actually feel wanted versus just another student in a law school.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Texas Tech Fall 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am

Just withdrew. Good luck to all of you!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”