Do admissions decisions arrive on certain days?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DeeCee

Do admissions decisions arrive on certain days?

Postby DeeCee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:47 pm

I had a quick question and I wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this. During this cycle, I have received all of my admissions decisions (acceptances) via email on Fridays and Mondays. This seems to be the trend. Are these the days decisions typically go out? Or, have any of your decisions been offered other days of the week?

Also, if one is not accepted, do they let you know via email, or usually just snail mail it?

Thanks!

The Gentleman

Re: Do admissions decisions arrive on certain days?

Postby The Gentleman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:49 pm

I got an acceptance email Saturday evening.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Depends on the school. W&L hands theirs out on Thursdays. But yeah, a lot of decisions do seem to go out on Mon/Fri.

swordsfish

Postby swordsfish » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 am

I've gotten two so far, both on Friday afternoons so yea, that seems to be the trend.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:59 am

I mean, you should remember that most schools still use snail mail to notify their applicants of acceptances, ESPECIALLY if they notify whether you got a scholarship or not with your admission letter.

I think they do that to overwhelm you and trick you into going. It's like BAM I got in! then BOOM! a scholarship??!!! OMG WTF? YES! Then OH SWEET HOW CONVENIENT A SEXY VIEW-BOOK AND SCHOLLY CERTIFICATE--DRRROOoooollllll

glewz

Postby glewz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:05 am

Usually Mon - Fri, but I've heard of people receiving phone calls even on Sunday.

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:40 am

NorCalBruin wrote:I mean, you should remember that most schools still use snail mail to notify their applicants of acceptances, ESPECIALLY if they notify whether you got a scholarship or not with your admission letter.

I think they do that to overwhelm you and trick you into going. It's like BAM I got in! then BOOM! a scholarship??!!! OMG WTF? YES! Then OH SWEET HOW CONVENIENT A SEXY VIEW-BOOK AND SCHOLLY CERTIFICATE--DRRROOoooollllll

I don't think that's an accurate assessment at all. Why should they risk such an important life altering decision to go straight into someone's spam folder? accidentally get deleted or overlooked etc.? Yes, snail mail is actually still a good way to communicate. I believe those who email also follow up with a snail.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 am

It depends on the school. Some snail mail acceptances (GTown), some call acceptances (Texas), some email acceptances (Illinois). Some email rejections and waitlists, some snail mail rejections and waitlists. Some come out on Friday, some on Monday, some on Thursday, even some on Saturday and Sunday. I'd recommend going to the "_______ applicants 2011" or equivalent thread in the acceptances, denials, and waitlists forum and asking this question for the specific school(s) you're interested in.

kazu

Postby kazu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 am

Bildungsroman wrote:It depends on the school. Some snail mail acceptances (GTown), some call acceptances (Texas), some email acceptances (Illinois). Some email rejections and waitlists, some snail mail rejections and waitlists. Some come out on Friday, some on Monday, some on Thursday, even some on Saturday and Sunday. I'd recommend going to the "_______ applicants 2011" or equivalent thread in the acceptances, denials, and waitlists forum and asking this question for the specific school(s) you're interested in.

TITCR.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”