Club 170

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:52 pm

This is the best thread idea. Ever. I was feeling quite rejected from the reverse splitters and splitters threads with nowhere to turn! :P 170 all the waaaaaay. Best of luck to all of us still waiting! I'd faint if I got into Columbia or Stanford!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Stanford. MINE.

Pretty Please?


At least half of the people at Stanford have 170 or lower, so no need to monopolize it! There is enough room for everyone who's stalking the Stanford thread.


Let's just say I get a little overenthusiastic when it comes to Stanford. :oops:

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby jamiLAW » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Wow, this is by far the most elitist topic I've seen on this site. I'm a 167 so I'll just go chat with the other less-worthy candidates.

lmi
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Club 170

Postby lmi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 pm

hoping for love from either columbia or nyu...wishing and hoping...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:55 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Wow, this is by far the most elitist topic I've seen on this site. I'm a 167 so I'll just go chat with the other less-worthy candidates.


You have to view this with humor.

ETA: seriously, no one said anything about being "worthy"?
Last edited by r6_philly on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Confused7 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Wow, this is by far the most elitist topic I've seen on this site. I'm a 167 so I'll just go chat with the other less-worthy candidates.


jamiLAW, sorry if it came across as elitist. It's not definitely not meant to be! In fact, we're with you on that one when we hear about 170+ scores. I think this thread was just meant to be a discussion area for those who aren't "qualified" to post in either the splitters or reverse splitters thread. We need some love too!

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Wow, this is by far the most elitist topic I've seen on this site. I'm a 167 so I'll just go chat with the other less-worthy candidates.


don't click the thread if you dont want to read it

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby aredhello » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm with y'all here. Got stuck on one logic game that kind of killed the rest of my test...was consistently hitting higher scores on my PTs and am especially disappointed because my first PT score was a 168 -- so I studied for a month and a half and only had a measly 2 points to show for it. Of course, I know that PTs don't mean anything...but still stings quite a bit.

But ya gotta remember that we should be grateful for the 170 -- I have faith that we'll end up where we're supposed to and that we'll be perfectly happy with the opportunities that we are offered.

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Club 170

Postby dextermorgan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Psh. Retake.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Psh. Retake.


Man that was way late.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:Since 170 is too high to be considered reverse splitter territory but is too low to be considered a high LSAT, I decided to start this thread to hear about other 170ers' cycles.

It is probably uniquely frustrating because we scored high enough to not warrant "retake" in most cases, but yet we have to wait forever to hear from top schools while initial acceptances are pouring in. We are unlikely to get sympathy from anyone except a fellow 170er so here is out own support group!


r6 I love you, but 170 isn't the real painful number. It's 169 (and 168 maybe)!

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby eliekedourie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

I've had a pretty good cycle so far despite a 3.4x GPA. I've ED'd to NU so all of the acceptances will hopefully be for naught in a week or so, but I'm in at Vandy, GULC, and Cornell as of today. I've also gotten in to 5 other less competative schools. Happy so far.

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby eliekedourie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Since 170 is too high to be considered reverse splitter territory but is too low to be considered a high LSAT, I decided to start this thread to hear about other 170ers' cycles.

It is probably uniquely frustrating because we scored high enough to not warrant "retake" in most cases, but yet we have to wait forever to hear from top schools while initial acceptances are pouring in. We are unlikely to get sympathy from anyone except a fellow 170er so here is out own support group!


r6 I love you, but 170 isn't the real painful number. It's 169 (and 168 maybe)!

+1

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

I'll be grateful when I start getting acceptances. Until then, I'll wish it was a 171

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby beachbum » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm gonna have to go against the grain here and say I'm pretty happy with my 170. It was my PT average and I was convinced I had hit well below it on test day, so I was relieved to get my score. I'm a splitter(-ish), so my GPA already disqualifies me (or at least doesn't do me any favors) from most of the T6/T10. I'm EDing to Duke, which I will be happy to attend at sticker. I would've EDed at Duke with a 171 or 172 (and likely attended at sticker), so I'm not too worried about "what if..." scenarios.

Anyway, continue with the mourning/regret.

lmi
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Club 170

Postby lmi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:59 pm

aredhello wrote:I'm with y'all here. Got stuck on one logic game that kind of killed the rest of my test...was consistently hitting higher scores on my PTs and am especially disappointed because my first PT score was a 168 -- so I studied for a month and a half and only had a measly 2 points to show for it. Of course, I know that PTs don't mean anything...but still stings quite a bit.

But ya gotta remember that we should be grateful for the 170 -- I have faith that we'll end up where we're supposed to and that we'll be perfectly happy with the opportunities that we are offered.



thanks, nice post!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:59 pm

aredhello wrote:I'm with y'all here. Got stuck on one logic game that kind of killed the rest of my test...was consistently hitting higher scores on my PTs and am especially disappointed because my first PT score was a 168 -- so I studied for a month and a half and only had a measly 2 points to show for it. Of course, I know that PTs don't mean anything...but still stings quite a bit.

But ya gotta remember that we should be grateful for the 170 -- I have faith that we'll end up where we're supposed to and that we'll be perfectly happy with the opportunities that we are offered.


If I was not grateful I had 3 chances to retake already. I remember being really happy getting a 170. It isn't us, the application process is what makes us less than thrilled (even though we really are).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Since 170 is too high to be considered reverse splitter territory but is too low to be considered a high LSAT, I decided to start this thread to hear about other 170ers' cycles.

It is probably uniquely frustrating because we scored high enough to not warrant "retake" in most cases, but yet we have to wait forever to hear from top schools while initial acceptances are pouring in. We are unlikely to get sympathy from anyone except a fellow 170er so here is out own support group!


r6 I love you, but 170 isn't the real painful number. It's 169 (and 168 maybe)!


I think you say make that statement all the way up to 179 ;)

My disclaimer: I created this with humor.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 pm

I'll admit 169 is probably the worst score of all. 179 would be an ironic second. And 170 is third.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:I'll admit 169 is probably the worst score of all. 179 would be an ironic second. And 170 is third.


169: retake (I think most of us would)
179: slap in the face
170: take it like a man!

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 pm

YAY 170s!

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Club 170

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 pm

aredhello wrote:I'm with y'all here. Got stuck on one logic game that kind of killed the rest of my test...was consistently hitting higher scores on my PTs and am especially disappointed because my first PT score was a 168 -- so I studied for a month and a half and only had a measly 2 points to show for it. Of course, I know that PTs don't mean anything...but still stings quite a bit.

But ya gotta remember that we should be grateful for the 170 -- I have faith that we'll end up where we're supposed to and that we'll be perfectly happy with the opportunities that we are offered.


My diag was a 168 as well. Bittersweet.

Whatevs, I'd be happy at NYU. So I'm definitely not retaking.

User avatar
furrywalls
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby furrywalls » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Nice thread. I can't complain about my 170 much since I'm a splitter and it's the best thing I have going for me in all likelihood. I have felt that it might be causing some YP decisions (waitlisted at GMU and most likely BC) but I'm hoping it's the reason I'm still in the running at GULC, Duke, Cornell, and others. All I really want to do is find a way off of UVA's waitlist so I can withdraw all my other apps and take out some student loans.

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Club 170

Postby dextermorgan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:Psh. Retake.


Man that was way late.

I know.

I'd kill (har, har) for a 170 FWIW.

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby aredhello » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Very true r6, about what makes us less than grateful. I knew what I was getting into when I decided to apply to law school, but it still troubles me how meaningless so-called "softs" can be when I consider those to be much greater accomplishments and much greater indicators for my future success in law than my LSAT score or GPA. I'm sure you feel the same way.

But again, we all knew what we signed up for here...so all I can really say is good luck my fellow 170ers!
Last edited by aredhello on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”