Club 170

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:44 am

ODBCP wrote:170 splitter checking in.

Waitlisted at GULC but I WILL succeed despite only scoring in the 97th percentile. TLS is literally the only place on the planet where 170-ers are feeling self-conscious about their LSAT.


This is credited. My friends think I am a douche for even considering retaking a 170.

rli66
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby rli66 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm in the club man. And I'm happy to be (kind of).

3.5something - http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496

So far only acceptance is 'Bama with $$$. Dream school is Duke or Vandy or UVA or Northwestern. But unfortunately I will go wherever is cheapest for me to attend. So I guess right now Bama is at the top of the list.

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby eliekedourie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 am

After a fairly successful cycle (in at GULC, Cornell, Vandy) got in to NU ED. /Cycle. It's been fun, but I'm happy to be out of the game this early. Now to figure out how to pay for it...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 am

eliekedourie wrote:After a fairly successful cycle (in at GULC, Cornell, Vandy) got in to NU ED. /Cycle. It's been fun, but I'm happy to be out of the game this early. Now to figure out how to pay for it...



Congrats! Buy lottery tickets.
Last edited by r6_philly on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 am

rli66 wrote:I'm in the club man. And I'm happy to be (kind of).

3.5something - http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496

So far only acceptance is 'Bama with $$$. Dream school is Duke or Vandy or UVA or Northwestern. But unfortunately I will go wherever is cheapest for me to attend. So I guess right now Bama is at the top of the list.


Better offer will come! You should probably have peppered the T50 so you can compare offers and use them as leverage. Schools like WUSTL is not on your list (right?), your 170 should get you good consideration outside of T14, because that's what every 170 is gunning for.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby beachbum » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am

r6_philly wrote:
eliekedourie wrote:After a fairly successful cycle (in at GULC, Cornell, Vandy) got in to NU ED. /Cycle. It's been fun, but I'm happy to be out of the game this early. Now to figure out how to pay for it...



Congrats! By lottery tickets.


Haha, congrats man. Northwestern is a hell of a school.

rli66
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby rli66 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 am

r6_philly wrote:
rli66 wrote:I'm in the club man. And I'm happy to be (kind of).

3.5something - http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496

So far only acceptance is 'Bama with $$$. Dream school is Duke or Vandy or UVA or Northwestern. But unfortunately I will go wherever is cheapest for me to attend. So I guess right now Bama is at the top of the list.


Better offer will come! You should probably have peppered the T50 so you can compare offers and use them as leverage. Schools like WUSTL is not on your list (right?), your 170 should get you good consideration outside of T14, because that's what every 170 is gunning for.


Yeah I sent Indiana, Illinois and Ohio State apps aswell as Cincinnati (right outside of T50) so I can hopefully use them as leverage to get some better offers. Right now I'm just hoping for Vanderbilt to show me some love.

User avatar
kch3684
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Club 170

Postby kch3684 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:32 am

With a 170 and my GPA of a 3.15 I'm pretty much shut out of T-14...now just looking for money so I don't end up with major debt.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 am

rli66 wrote:Yeah I sent Indiana, Illinois and Ohio State apps aswell as Cincinnati (right outside of T50) so I can hopefully use them as leverage to get some better offers. Right now I'm just hoping for Vanderbilt to show me some love.


Did you look and see which schools are more likely to give generous amounts? Good luck! 170 in your case is a great thing.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 am

kch3684 wrote:With a 170 and my GPA of a 3.15 I'm pretty much shut out of T-14...now just looking for money so I don't end up with major debt.


If this year is not like last year maybe you could land on a WL somewhere and get off. If not find the most lucrative offer. Good luck!

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby Fresh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. I'm proud to be in club 170... Kind of annoyed though because I went -6 on LG (usually -0/-1). At least I tricked H into accepting me.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am

Fresh wrote:Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. I'm proud to be in club 170... Kind of annoyed though because I went -6 on LG (usually -0/-1). At least I tricked H into accepting me.


lol you are our crowning achievement so far (see the spreadsheet on the first page). Boalt/Penn is the highest RD so far, except you. I hope for a H trick but they may not go as easily for me.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Fresh wrote:Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. I'm proud to be in club 170... Kind of annoyed though because I went -6 on LG (usually -0/-1). At least I tricked H into accepting me.


lol you are our crowning achievement so far (see the spreadsheet on the first page). Boalt/Penn is the highest RD so far, except you. I hope for a H S trick but they may not go as easily for me.


FTFY

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:00 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Fresh wrote:Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. I'm proud to be in club 170... Kind of annoyed though because I went -6 on LG (usually -0/-1). At least I tricked H into accepting me.


lol you are our crowning achievement so far (see the spreadsheet on the first page). Boalt/Penn is the highest RD so far, except you. I hope for a H S trick but they may not go as easily for me.


FTFY


lol Lessig went back to H so I have to tip the hat to H, S is just a bit more realistic (whatever that means).

Plus we got this snobbish Ivy thing going. :lol:

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Fresh wrote:Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. I'm proud to be in club 170... Kind of annoyed though because I went -6 on LG (usually -0/-1). At least I tricked H into accepting me.


lol you are our crowning achievement so far (see the spreadsheet on the first page). Boalt/Penn is the highest RD so far, except you. I hope for a H S trick but they may not go as easily for me.


FTFY


lol Lessig went back to H so I have to tip the hat to H, S is just a bit more realistic (whatever that means).

Plus we got this snobbish Ivy thing going. :lol:


Yet another reason why S has my heart.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Yet another reason why S has my heart.


It's really interesting to me how this works. Do west coasters feel different about East Coast Ivy snobbery?

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Hoping to join here very soon :D

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Yet another reason why S has my heart.


It's really interesting to me how this works. Do west coasters feel different about East Coast Ivy snobbery?


Well, I am not a West Coaster, so I can't answer that question. But I suppose the feeling works the same way coming from the South, too, haha.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:50 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Yet another reason why S has my heart.


It's really interesting to me how this works. Do west coasters feel different about East Coast Ivy snobbery?


Well, I am not a West Coaster, so I can't answer that question. But I suppose the feeling works the same way coming from the South, too, haha.


Oh the South. Well as long as you are from north of the Mason Dixon I think it doesn't matter what school we are talking about? That's a whole 'nother issue there bub. :lol:

ETA: I love the South.

User avatar
savvyradish
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby savvyradish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:38 pm

It's really interesting to me how this works. Do west coasters feel different about East Coast Ivy snobbery?


Hahaha, born and raised in SoCal, went to UG in the Midwest. In my experience, west coasters (generally, obviously there are exceptions) really couldn't care less about the ivies. My friend from high school went to Columbia for UG and the most common reaction from our peers was "Why would you go to South America for college?"

- Long time lurker and 170 angster joining in to stave off the anxiety of waiting through winter break for admissions decisions.

smscat
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby smscat » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm a 170. That was my goal - 170+, so I was happy with my score. Would I have loved to do just a few points better? Yes. But it's still a satisfactory score that will get me into good schools. I would definitely refer to it as a "high" score, just not a "guarantee of going to Harvard" score. I felt if I retook I had an equal chance of going up or down - I get tripped up on games occasionally, and I didn't want to take the chance of doing worse. Since I had already done almost every 'real' practice test in existence that I could find, I felt I wouldn't be able to have enough material left to keep "in shape" for the next test, so I would take the 170. I took it my junior year, so I had time to retake, but I don't really regret not retaking. I got into Georgetown and Cornell so far, and while they're not Harvard, I'm perfectly okay with my results if that's the best I do. I definitely feel like I could have done a few points better though if I got the "right" test.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby mrmangs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 pm

I should join this thread.

Re: the Ivy snobbery. No one on the West coast cares (or even knows) unless it's Harvard, Yale, or Princeton. Even then, there is much less snobbery and obsession about school prestige. Especially since there is such a huge East Coast bias in all rankings.

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby xtine » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

savvyradish wrote:
It's really interesting to me how this works. Do west coasters feel different about East Coast Ivy snobbery?


Hahaha, born and raised in SoCal, went to UG in the Midwest. In my experience, west coasters (generally, obviously there are exceptions) really couldn't care less about the ivies. My friend from high school went to Columbia for UG and the most common reaction from our peers was "Why would you go to South America for college?"

- Long time lurker and 170 angster joining in to stave off the anxiety of waiting through winter break for admissions decisions.


hahahaha. I'm from the east coast and when I tell people that my parents live in Colombia, they're like "what, you mean the school?" :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

mrmangs wrote:I should join this thread.

Re: the Ivy snobbery. No one on the West coast cares (or even knows) unless it's Harvard, Yale, or Princeton. Even then, there is much less snobbery and obsession about school prestige. Especially since there is such a huge East Coast bias in all rankings.


Old money vs. new money.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Club 170

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 pm

xtine wrote:hahahaha. I'm from the east coast and when I tell people that my parents live in Colombia, they're like "what, you mean the school?" :)


I am leaning Berkeley because I want to have both coasts. Apparently we really are on polar opposites.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Google [Bot], mse2020 and 4 guests