Club 170 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
khodorko

New

Re: Club 170

Post by khodorko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Ugh, Boalt. I love the school but now I'm over waiting.

For Penn, I just got my acceptance phone call on Friday but it's one of my top choices depending on the price...do you know how long it takes them to present scholy info?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 pm

khodorko wrote:Ugh, Boalt. I love the school but now I'm over waiting.

For Penn, I just got my acceptance phone call on Friday but it's one of my top choices depending on the price...do you know how long it takes them to present scholy info?
named should go out this or next week. Dean's by the end of the month, then rolling. Nothing has been out yet.

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm

r6_philly wrote:
khodorko wrote:Ugh, Boalt. I love the school but now I'm over waiting.

named should go out this or next week. Dean's by the end of the month, then rolling. Nothing has been out yet.

You are truly unbelievably knowledgeable on all things T14/law school. Well played, sir.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm

khodorko wrote: You are truly unbelievably knowledgeable on all things T14/law school. Well played, sir.
Thank you! I am a thorough researcher. I have been at this for almost 2 years :D

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Tangent: do many schools kind of disregard status checkers?
Duke - status checker changed to Decision Made after admission email
Penn - never got a status checker
UT - still said complete until several days after acceptance
WashU - said complete until day after admission
Georgetown - still says complete

Which schools actually use the status checker as a mode of letting you know they reached a final decision?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Dangit, just got a Hold email from Columbia :roll:

I'd rather just have a decision!

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 am

My personal dream is $$ from Michigan. I would take that over CCN sticker any day. If I get a big whopper from Vanderbilt I'd probably go.

It's been 2 weeks since my last decision (I don't consider that Columbia hold bullshit to matter at all)...I'm on withdrawal! Even if UConn just said "sure come here if you want but we know you won't" would make me happy.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 am

I had a WL from UCLA and a Reserve (WL) from Columbia yesterday.

I agree, won't take CCN over MVPB with money, so no loss.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 am

r6_philly wrote:I had a WL from UCLA and a Reserve (WL) from Columbia yesterday.

Just looked over the UCLA thread (the Columbia one is too full of b/s haha)...wow. So sorry philly. This makes me so pessimistic about my cycle.

Do you think your status as a re-applier is affecting any of that? Along those lines...I never asked why you waited till Feb to take the LSAT?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:33 am

pereira6 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I had a WL from UCLA and a Reserve (WL) from Columbia yesterday.

Just looked over the UCLA thread (the Columbia one is too full of b/s haha)...wow. So sorry philly. This makes me so pessimistic about my cycle.

Do you think your status as a re-applier is affecting any of that? Along those lines...I never asked why you waited till Feb to take the LSAT?
I don't know whats up, this is the first time I applied to UCLA.

I was set to graduate 5/11 with a BS. I took a bunch of extra credits and end up graduating 8/10. By the time I came up with the plan to graduate earlier, it was too late to sign up for Dec LSAT. So I rushed to take Feb and hoped to start school in the fall. I am happy I reapplied. I would not have been offered the same mone as I have been this time around.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 am

r6_philly wrote:I don't know whats up, this is the first time I applied to UCLA.

I was set to graduate 5/11 with a BS. I took a bunch of extra credits and end up graduating 8/10. By the time I came up with the plan to graduate earlier, it was too late to sign up for Dec LSAT. So I rushed to take Feb and hoped to start school in the fall. I am happy I reapplied. I would not have been offered the same mone as I have been this time around.
And you ended up with a Master's to boot, right? Not a bad go around :)

I am getting frustrated that all ASWs seem to be on one of three weekends. I WANT TO VISIT YOU ALL :mrgreen:

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 pm

pereira6 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I don't know whats up, this is the first time I applied to UCLA.

And you ended up with a Master's to boot, right? Not a bad go around :)

I am getting frustrated that all ASWs seem to be on one of three weekends. I WANT TO VISIT YOU ALL :mrgreen:
Yup I will technically finished my Master's by Aug. this year because I took a full-time load by fitting classes into my work schedule - I only work 10 minutes away. So with 1L classes from anywhere I can come back and graduate in May. Then 2L/3L I am free to purse a new masters. I think I am going to get the Master of Bio Ethics at Penn, sounds useful for future career.

Are you going to UT and coming to Penn? You should come to Penn at the very least. We can fly together if we both go. I really want to go see UT.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:12 pm

r6_philly wrote: Yup I will technically finished my Master's by Aug. this year because I took a full-time load by fitting classes into my work schedule - I only work 10 minutes away. So with 1L classes from anywhere I can come back and graduate in May. Then 2L/3L I am free to purse a new masters. I think I am going to get the Master of Bio Ethics at Penn, sounds useful for future career.

Are you going to UT and coming to Penn? You should come to Penn at the very least. We can fly together if we both go. I really want to go see UT.

You're going to get a master's at Penn while at law school (potentially) somewhere else? Didn't understand where you're going with that haha, unless you meant you would do it if you went to Penn law.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do Penn and Texas on the same weekend. Their full out ASWs are on the same weekend and I don't want to see half of each; I'd rather see a full ASW and a separate individual visit. Texas has those other dates on 4/1 and 4/8, and Penn has that 4/9 thing. Also throwing a HUGE wrench in everything is that Vanderbilt's (fully reimbursed) ASWs are 3/25 and 4/8. And I'd like to think I'll get enough $ to make them worth a (free) visit, and I really like their school from a starting point.

Or did you have a plan worked out for something personally?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:18 pm

pereira6 wrote: You're going to get a master's at Penn while at law school (potentially) somewhere else? Didn't understand where you're going with that haha, unless you meant you would do it if you went to Penn law.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do Penn and Texas on the same weekend. Their full out ASWs are on the same weekend and I don't want to see half of each; I'd rather see a full ASW and a separate individual visit. Texas has those other dates on 4/1 and 4/8, and Penn has that 4/9 thing. Also throwing a HUGE wrench in everything is that Vanderbilt's (fully reimbursed) ASWs are 3/25 and 4/8. And I'd like to think I'll get enough $ to make them worth a (free) visit, and I really like their school from a starting point.

Many schools will allow you to pursue a joint degree with another school. It's like study abroad, or being a visiting student. It take some leg work on your own, but it isn't impossible. I have already asked about it. Some are more friendly about transfer in, others not as much.

I guess I could try for one of those shorter visits for Texas, as I want to enjoy the whole weekend at Penn. You should come to the ASW at Penn, and go to the 2nd Vandy one. I am probably going to ask for more money at UT (I don't know if it's possible but I wouldn't of course pay more for UT over UVa).

So come to the Penn ASW :mrgreen:

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
pereira6 wrote: You're going to get a master's at Penn while at law school (potentially) somewhere else? Didn't understand where you're going with that haha, unless you meant you would do it if you went to Penn law.

Many schools will allow you to pursue a joint degree with another school. It's like study abroad, or being a visiting student. It take some leg work on your own, but it isn't impossible. I have already asked about it. Some are more friendly about transfer in, others not as much.

I guess I could try for one of those shorter visits for Texas, as I want to enjoy the whole weekend at Penn. You should come to the ASW at Penn, and go to the 2nd Vandy one. I am probably going to ask for more money at UT (I don't know if it's possible but I wouldn't of course pay more for UT over UVa).

So come to the Penn ASW :mrgreen:
I would figure since you know Penn so well you wouldn't be so inclined to do the ASW? Or is it the reverse thought process, where because you know Penn and live there, it would be an excellent opportunity for you cement your opinion of one of your top schools?

Either way, I think I have to do Penn's ASW so I can meet you and thank you for every bit of help I've gotten on this damn site to check it out. As of now it is (by far) the highest ranked school I landed a spot at, and money or no money I have to check it out for real. If I do April 1st for Texas, and April 8th for Vandy, I would have to visit Illinois ($$$, need to visit) on Feb. 25th, and that date is fast approaching. Illinois provides 0 dollars towards a visit and that's unfortunate.

I love planning things, but this is too much haha especially cause it costs so much damn $.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:54 pm

pereira6 wrote:
I would figure since you know Penn so well you wouldn't be so inclined to do the ASW? Or is it the reverse thought process, where because you know Penn and live there, it would be an excellent opportunity for you cement your opinion of one of your top schools?

Either way, I think I have to do Penn's ASW so I can meet you and thank you for every bit of help I've gotten on this damn site to check it out. As of now it is (by far) the highest ranked school I landed a spot at, and money or no money I have to check it out for real. If I do April 1st for Texas, and April 8th for Vandy, I would have to visit Illinois ($$$, need to visit) on Feb. 25th, and that date is fast approaching. Illinois provides 0 dollars towards a visit and that's unfortunate.

I love planning things, but this is too much haha especially cause it costs so much damn $.
Ha I see what you did there...

I stayed away from Penn Law until I got admitted. So it really is as a strange place as any other law school to me. I am going to check out the current and potential students, and treat it as any other options. I didn't want to favor it unnecessarily.

Why don't you ask for $ help visiting Illinois? They gave you merit money, tell them you are serious and ask for help. Maybe I will go visit UT 4/1 as well. I want to see if I can get money $. Not likely, but maybe.

super6

Bronze

Post by super6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Rejected via email at Berkeley today, not really a surprise there. It'd be nice if I could get some more acceptances at some point.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm

In a Mich today FINALLY. In other news, still forgotten by Harvard.

Harvard, if you fuck up my perfect cycle I will come up to Cambridge and BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ALL YOUR COMPUTERS.

Office Space style. With gangsta rap. Oh yes, there will be rap.

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm with you, Philly. If I can get a decent amount of money from Penn and/or Michigan, I would gladly take that over a higher ranked school.

Columbia/NYU - I don't like waiting and the whole expensive NYC lifestyle isn't terribly appealing to me.
U of Chicago seems too stuffy
Boalt - done with SF for now
Harvard - too much of a long shot to even consider a real possibility
Duke - waiting on scholarship information but living in the South :shock:

What $$ do you hope/expect to get offered from Penn, Philly?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:36 pm

khodorko wrote:I'm with you, Philly. If I can get a decent amount of money from Penn and/or Michigan, I would gladly take that over a higher ranked school.

Columbia/NYU - I don't like waiting and the whole expensive NYC lifestyle isn't terribly appealing to me.
U of Chicago seems too stuffy
Boalt - done with SF for now
Harvard - too much of a long shot to even consider a real possibility
Duke - waiting on scholarship information but living in the South :shock:

What $$ do you hope/expect to get offered from Penn, Philly?
I like your reasoning.

I hope they give me as much as UVa did. Seeing that I missed out on the named scholly invites, I don't know.

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks! To be honest, I kind of just applied straight down the T20 because fee waivers made it seem like a good idea, and I figured I would make my decision based on research after I knew which schools were letting me in.

I grew up in PA and have family in Harrisburg, so it would be nice to spend a few years at Penn, close to family, before moving away again. I honestly can't fathom going somewhere for sticker so I'm anxiously awaiting hearing back on $$$ from them.

I still haven't heard back from UVA or Mich so I don't even have a freaking comparison point for what to hope for.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
pereira6 wrote:

Ha I see what you did there...

I stayed away from Penn Law until I got admitted. So it really is as a strange place as any other law school to me. I am going to check out the current and potential students, and treat it as any other options. I didn't want to favor it unnecessarily.

Why don't you ask for $ help visiting Illinois? They gave you merit money, tell them you are serious and ask for help. Maybe I will go visit UT 4/1 as well. I want to see if I can get money $. Not likely, but maybe.

Yeah I of course will ask, but I figure the chances are slim. Planning for the worst never hurts, but I will ask.

Maybe I'll be seeing you on several weekends! :)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 am

In @ Duke today. Still can't believe I didn't get in UCLA.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:33 am

r6_philly wrote:In @ Duke today. Still can't believe I didn't get in UCLA.
Yay, congrats!! Where is Duke on your list?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:36 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:In @ Duke today. Still can't believe I didn't get in UCLA.
Yay, congrats!! Where is Duke on your list?
Let's see what money I get before I assign a place - I don't know I would pay anywhere near sticker to any school at this point (except 3) hahaha

Did you apply there?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”