In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LinzerTorte

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 am

meryl wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Has anyone had any luck negotiating with NYU? I sent them a request but they said that I had to 1st fill out the finanical aid form. When i told them that I had already done so, they said that it takes 10 days to process.

Staying in NY is my 1st choice, but unless I get something signifcant from NYU I cannot justify the debt.

My fin aid has been under review since the end of February (sent all the forms in the end of Jan)-10 days would be nice.

Word. I liked CLS more than I thought I would, and so now I feel a little bit like NYU needs to tell me if they are giving me any $$

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 am

meryl wrote:
BrightLine wrote:Has anyone had any luck negotiating with NYU? I sent them a request but they said that I had to 1st fill out the finanical aid form. When i told them that I had already done so, they said that it takes 10 days to process.

Staying in NY is my 1st choice, but unless I get something signifcant from NYU I cannot justify the debt.

My fin aid has been under review since the end of February (sent all the forms in the end of Jan)-10 days would be nice.

Under review would be fine for me, it says "application not started"

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:08 am

thecilent wrote:

How much did they give you already? And how much would it take to get you to go. Pm if want

I have not heard anything yet. I was admitted last week and filled out the financial forms immediately. I suppose to make me have real decision they would have to do 1/2 of the northwestern scholarship. I am just in a weird position now because NYU/CLS has always been my goal but now it is more than likely that I am going to be turning it down.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 am

BrightLine wrote:
thecilent wrote:

How much did they give you already? And how much would it take to get you to go. Pm if want

I have not heard anything yet. I was admitted last week and filled out the financial forms immediately. I suppose to make me have real decision they would have to do 1/2 of the northwestern scholarship. I am just in a weird position now because NYU/CLS has always been my goal but now it is more than likely that I am going to be turning it down.

Gotya gotya. I would send your nw offer to them now

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 am

thecilent wrote:Gotya gotya. I would send your nw offer to them now

Yeah, I agree. As soon as you're able, go ahead and send them the Northwestern offer.

Linzer, have you visited NYU yet? Are you going to the last ASW?

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 am

incompetentia wrote:
thecilent wrote:Gotya gotya. I would send your nw offer to them now

Yeah, I agree. As soon as you're able, go ahead and send them the Northwestern offer.

Linzer, have you visited NYU yet? Are you going to the last ASW?

Going to the last ASW, but I was almost hoping that I would hate CLS and it would make the whole decision easy, but I did not. I liked it.

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:01 am

I sent it last week and they said they need to to first fet the financial aid forms, so I am just waiting :?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 am

Oh I get you now. Good luckk

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Good luck Brightline! I'd be pretty surprised if NYU "matched" up to 75K for that NU scholly, but you might as well try (and I hope I'm wrong!). Either way, going to NU on full scholly is a very attractive option.

thsmthcrmnl

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Could someone please post (or PM me) the text of the enrollment form? I forgot the specific language, and I'd like to verify that I can remain on waitlists. Thanks.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 pm

thsmthcrmnl wrote:Could someone please post (or PM me) the text of the enrollment form? I forgot the specific language, and I'd like to verify that I can remain on waitlists. Thanks.

I don't know the exact words, but I do know that it only tells you to withdraw from schools you have been accepted into. Meaning, you can stay on waitlists. HTH!

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:27 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Good luck Brightline! I'd be pretty surprised if NYU "matched" up to 75K for that NU scholly, but you might as well try (and I hope I'm wrong!). Either way, going to NU on full scholly is a very attractive option.

I agree. It will be awesome if they do, and if they don't then ill "settle" for a full ride to Northwestern.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:43 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
spondee wrote:Hi. I'm a 2L, and I just wanted to pop in to say that if Bryan Stevenson is speaking at all during ASW events, you should go.

+1 This guy made me cry the last time I heard him speak. No shame.

Yep did that. Sold. Going to NYU.

neonx

Postby neonx » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 am

Bryan Stevenson just made the decision between Columbia vs. NYU a lot easier.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:17 am

neonx wrote:Bryan Stevenson just made the decision between Columbia vs. NYU a lot easier.

Classmates? :D :D

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:30 am

law_monkey wrote:
neonx wrote:Bryan Stevenson just made the decision between Columbia vs. NYU a lot easier.

I probably will be. Although I was hoping you would get into CLS, I'm glad you are still probably going to NYU. I came to the same decision a month ago after each admitted students days. I'm meeting with a family friend who is a recruiting partner at a V50 firm here in LA and if he tells me there is not a significant difference between CLS and NYU, and barring an acceptance at Harvard I will be at NYU next year.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 am

ummm.... Stanford?

dot

Postby dot » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:05 am

birdlaw117 wrote:

ummm.... Stanford?

makes nyu vs stanford harder :)

at least for me

neonx, i bet i met you last night...

neonx

Postby neonx » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:23 am

dot wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

ummm.... Stanford?

at least for me

Haha, I would not be surprised. Were you among the five who were debating between NYU and Stanford?

cucullu

Postby cucullu » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 am

neonx wrote:
dot wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

ummm.... Stanford?

at least for me

Haha, I would not be surprised. Were you among the five who were debating between NYU and Stanford?

FWIW, NYU ITCR. Acronyms FTW!

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:03 am

Can't believe how many ppl I see taking nyu over cls.. awesome!

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:10 am

chasgoose wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I probably will be. Although I was hoping you would get into CLS, I'm glad you are still probably going to NYU. I came to the same decision a month ago after each admitted students days. I'm meeting with a family friend who is a recruiting partner at a V50 firm here in LA and if he tells me there is not a significant difference between CLS and NYU, and barring an acceptance at Harvard I will be at NYU next year.

Canyou please let us know what the recruiter friend tells you.. tyia

redsoxfan2495

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 am

The PI presentation was pretty impressive. Going into NYU's ASW I was sort of leaning CLS, but now NYU is definitely still in the picture. We'll see how I feel after I visit CLS on the 18th.

CrashingTheGate

Postby CrashingTheGate » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 am

neonx wrote:
dot wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

ummm.... Stanford?

at least for me

HAHA. I was. So, I probably met both of you. :D

Good to meet ya'll

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 am

Ugh. I am seriously hungover. I hate you New York.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”