In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LinzerTorte

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 am

champsound wrote:Thinking about calling NYU again about the area-specific scholarships and when I would hear back from them (I applied for financial aid kind of late stupidly). Anyone have any burning questions you want me to ask?

Are all the RTK invites out??

I mean, you obvi don't have to ask that, but you offered...

sgtgrumbles

Postby sgtgrumbles » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am

LinzerTorte wrote:
champsound wrote:Thinking about calling NYU again about the area-specific scholarships and when I would hear back from them (I applied for financial aid kind of late stupidly). Anyone have any burning questions you want me to ask?

Are all the RTK invites out??

I mean, you obvi don't have to ask that, but you offered...

I would love it if you asked this. Alternately, you could ask when RTK or other named scholly applicants can expect to hear one way or another whether they'll receive an interview, meaning when can we expect to be dinged for RTK.

Also, when can applicants for named scholarships expect to receive their financial aid award/information?

champsound

Postby champsound » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I asked them about the area-specific scholarships and was told that all awardees would be notified by a week or so. I felt it was kind of awkward to ask them about the RTK stuff so you can go ahead and call them yourself, sorry.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:02 pm

i had heard that despite NYU's PI reputation, Columbia and NYU were actually fairly close - but last year's data disproves that.. more here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150402

al2546

Postby al2546 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 pm

what were nyus lsat 25-50-75 this year?

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:10 pm

champsound wrote:I asked them about the area-specific scholarships and was told that all awardees would be notified by a week or so. I felt it was kind of awkward to ask them about the RTK stuff so you can go ahead and call them yourself, sorry.

Haha no problem, I wasn't actually expecting you to ask. Thanks for all the work you have done for us so far in this thread, champsound!

mst

Postby mst » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

al2546 wrote:what were nyus lsat 25-50-75 this year?

I think 169-172-175

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 pm

The logon mechanism to NYU's admitted students website is seriously broked.

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:57 pm

ahduth wrote:The logon mechanism to NYU's admitted students website is seriously broked.

FYI, worked for me on the second try and completely possible I mistyped the first time.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:44 pm

mel2010 wrote:
ahduth wrote:The logon mechanism to NYU's admitted students website is seriously broked.

FYI, worked for me on the second try and completely possible I mistyped the first time.

Naw, I think it doesn't like it if I go directly to the logon screen or something. Whatever I'm doing wrong, I do it wrong pretty consistently. So I of course blame NYU. :D

yale2011

Postby yale2011 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

what are you guys doing in terms of your scholarship expiration dates? mine expires the 4th; my penn toll scholarship interview is the 8th. obviously it would suck to give up my 30k and then not get the toll, but i'm definitely not going to lose my chance at 120k at penn for a definite 30k at nyu! ahh! any ideas?

lsathalon

Postby lsathalon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 pm

mcweanis wrote:what are you guys doing in terms of your scholarship expiration dates? mine expires the 4th; my penn toll scholarship interview is the 8th. obviously it would suck to give up my 30k and then not get the toll, but i'm definitely not going to lose my chance at 120k at penn for a definite 30k at nyu! ahh! any ideas?

Send NYU an email as soon as possible explaining why you need an extension. Last year, they gave me a very modest extension--enough to hear back from all schools on merit aid but not enough to actually visit all of the schools. The sooner you ask, the better, and make sure you have a date to tell them by which you will know what your offers are from the schools you still want to hear from.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:54 pm

how long is modest? i'm going to need at least ten days :(

lsathalon

Postby lsathalon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 pm

mcweanis wrote:how long is modest? i'm going to need at least ten days :(

They extended it from 4/2 to 4/7. To be fair, though, that was all I needed to receive my final offer from another school. Just explain your situation, tell them how long you need and why, be nice, and they'll probably give it to you. They don't want to be unreasonable; they just want to be able to give your money to someone else if you aren't going to use it.

pocketwatcher

Postby pocketwatcher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Still nothing either way on RTK. And still nothing either way from the NYU financial aid office.

This is getting to be a serious bummer.

champsound

Postby champsound » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 pm

pocketwatcher wrote:Still nothing either way on RTK. And still nothing either way from the NYU financial aid office.

I keep checking the FAAPS page with nothing changing. This is like the admissions process all over again.

pocketwatcher

Postby pocketwatcher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:57 pm

champsound wrote:
pocketwatcher wrote:Still nothing either way on RTK. And still nothing either way from the NYU financial aid office.

I keep checking the FAAPS page with nothing changing. This is like the admissions process all over again.

Word.

Seriously, how much longer is the misery going to be drawn out?

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

pocketwatcher wrote:
champsound wrote:

Word.

+1, but I think (hope) that we'll get news one way or another by next week; either RTK in the next couple days or, more likely, our apps will get moved to the regular pile and get some kind of rapid-ish processing.

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:58 pm

mel2010 wrote:
pocketwatcher wrote:
champsound wrote:

Word.

+1, but I think (hope) that we'll get news one way or another by next week; either RTK in the next couple days or, more likely, our apps will get moved to the regular pile and get some kind of rapid-ish processing.

+1 here. Submitted a week ago. Still stuck at application submitted.

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I am expecting an RTK ding e-mail on Friday at 4:59.

bleedblue

Postby bleedblue » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a seperate reject letter for the named scholarships than from fin aid? Or if you get a fin aid email saying you get no institutional scholarship does that include the named scholarships?

legalmindedfella

Postby legalmindedfella » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 pm

champsound wrote:I asked them about the area-specific scholarships and was told that all awardees would be notified by a week or so. I felt it was kind of awkward to ask them about the RTK stuff so you can go ahead and call them yourself, sorry.

Confused about this... dean's scholarships include an option to designate an area along with the scholarship. Is there a third category of scholarships besides full-ride named scholarships & varying-level dean's scholarship awards?

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 pm

champsound wrote:

Word, I'm pretty sure after you head into final review that's it in terms of movement, but I still check every morning anyway.

STATUS CHECKERS I CANT QUIT YOU

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:39 am

So, how many users on this board are going to the RTK interview? I feel like we should be besties and quick.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”