In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby chasgoose » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:38 pm

incompetentia wrote:My guess is that if you were in final review before 9 March, you've probably received your info already. (Anybody can disprove this?)


Just checked mine and nothing on the FAAPS site either. I went Submitted 2 Mar, Under Review 4 Mar, then Final Stage 9 Mar.

My guess is that we'll start receiving some more emails Monday.


That seems about right. I submitted on March 9th and haven't heard anything, but my application still just says "Submitted."

Sandrew
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Sandrew » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 am

incompetentia wrote:My guess is that if you were in final review before 9 March, you've probably received your info already. (Anybody can disprove this?)

My experience is inconsistent with this. I completed FAAPS March 3 and have been under final review since March 8. No word back yet.

Notes: I did not apply for a named scholarship. I also requested to be considered only for a merit-based award (and consequently, I did not complete the NeedAccess form).

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby ahduth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 am

It's the 14th. :o

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 am

Sandrew wrote:
incompetentia wrote:My guess is that if you were in final review before 9 March, you've probably received your info already. (Anybody can disprove this?)

My experience is inconsistent with this. I completed FAAPS March 3 and have been under final review since March 8. No word back yet.

Notes: I did not apply for a named scholarship. I also requested to be considered only for a merit-based award (and consequently, I did not complete the NeedAccess form).


Sandrew, I think the first e-mail that NYU sent out said that if you wanted to be considered for merit only, you needed to fill out Need Access?

That was the position I was in, and I filled out Need Access. I haven't heard anything, but I am waiting to hear on a named scholarship, so.

Sandrew
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Sandrew » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 am

LinzerTorte wrote:
Sandrew wrote:
incompetentia wrote:My guess is that if you were in final review before 9 March, you've probably received your info already. (Anybody can disprove this?)

My experience is inconsistent with this. I completed FAAPS March 3 and have been under final review since March 8. No word back yet.

Notes: I did not apply for a named scholarship. I also requested to be considered only for a merit-based award (and consequently, I did not complete the NeedAccess form).


Sandrew, I think the first e-mail that NYU sent out said that if you wanted to be considered for merit only, you needed to fill out Need Access?

That was the position I was in, and I filled out Need Access. I haven't heard anything, but I am waiting to hear on a named scholarship, so.

Thanks for the tip, LinzerTorte. But I called to ask last week and they told me to select option "C" on the FAAP and assured me that I'd be considered for merit aid without completing the NA form. Not that I expect much. I'm sure NYU's merit awards are partly informed by relative need.

al2546
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby al2546 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am

are any of the people who received packages ED?

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:42 am

Sandrew wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Sandrew, I think the first e-mail that NYU sent out said that if you wanted to be considered for merit only, you needed to fill out Need Access?

That was the position I was in, and I filled out Need Access. I haven't heard anything, but I am waiting to hear on a named scholarship, so.

Thanks for the tip, LinzerTorte. But I called to ask last week and they told me to select option "C" on the FAAP and assured me that I'd be considered for merit aid without completing the NA form. Not that I expect much. I'm sure NYU's merit awards are partly informed by relative need.


Well THAT would have been nice to know, thanks for making me fill out that douchey form, NYU!!!

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am

LinzerTorte wrote:
Sandrew wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Sandrew, I think the first e-mail that NYU sent out said that if you wanted to be considered for merit only, you needed to fill out Need Access?

That was the position I was in, and I filled out Need Access. I haven't heard anything, but I am waiting to hear on a named scholarship, so.

Thanks for the tip, LinzerTorte. But I called to ask last week and they told me to select option "C" on the FAAP and assured me that I'd be considered for merit aid without completing the NA form. Not that I expect much. I'm sure NYU's merit awards are partly informed by relative need.


Well THAT would have been nice to know, thanks for making me fill out that douchey form, NYU!!!

Option C? I must be looking at a different FAAP page or something because I never saw that option. NYU's financial aid process makes me feel very confused. I hope this is not a sign of what my law school experience will be like.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby ahduth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 am

champsound wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
Sandrew wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Sandrew, I think the first e-mail that NYU sent out said that if you wanted to be considered for merit only, you needed to fill out Need Access?

That was the position I was in, and I filled out Need Access. I haven't heard anything, but I am waiting to hear on a named scholarship, so.

Thanks for the tip, LinzerTorte. But I called to ask last week and they told me to select option "C" on the FAAP and assured me that I'd be considered for merit aid without completing the NA form. Not that I expect much. I'm sure NYU's merit awards are partly informed by relative need.


Well THAT would have been nice to know, thanks for making me fill out that douchey form, NYU!!!

Option C? I must be looking at a different FAAP page or something because I never saw that option. NYU's financial aid process makes me feel very confused. I hope this is not a sign of what my law school experience will be like.


NYU bureaucracy is second to none. Always get it in writing, since you won't be talking to the same person twice. :D

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby dot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 pm

OH MY GOD.

RTK interview invite by email!! 15 min ago, just saw it.

eeeep!

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:56 pm

dot wrote:OH MY GOD.

RTK interview invite by email!! 15 min ago, just saw it.

eeeep!

Congratulations! Was there any information in the email that would be interesting to those of us who are still waiting?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby neonx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 pm

RTK Scholarship Interview by phone an hour ago!
I am over the moon in joy! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:48 pm

RTK invite today via voicemail.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 pm

neonx wrote:RTK Scholarship Interview by phone an hour ago!
I am over the moon in joy! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!



Congrats, darling! I'm so proud of you. :)

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby glitched » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 pm

haha are these named scholarships full rides?

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:58 pm

law_monkey wrote:RTK invite today via voicemail.


Congrats!!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby neonx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:14 pm

subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:RTK Scholarship Interview by phone an hour ago!
I am over the moon in joy! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!



Congrats, darling! I'm so proud of you. :)


Thanks, BB! Hope to see you at admit weekend???

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby dot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Congrats guys.

Info I received:

30-min interview on April 2 (between 8:30am and 2:30pm); 7-member panel headed by federal judge

Tea reception for all scholarship finalists on April 1. 5-6pm

And then travel/accommodation info.

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby somewhere » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I also got the phone call about being a Root finalist. So maybe still being considered for named scholarships does account for not receiving financial aid award emails.

Does anybody know, from past years, what the interviews were like and what sorts of questions were asked? (Apparently a current Root Scholar will be contacting us, so I guess we can ask them about this, too.)

Also, anybody know any finalists from prior years who did not receive the scholarship? Since it looks like there's about a 2/3 chance for any one of us not to receive it (~60 finalists for ~20 scholarships), I'm curious what sort of financial aid they ended up getting after missing out on the RTK. Very little help? A lot? The exact same merit/need-based aid they would've gotten without being considered for RTK? Anybody have any insight on this?

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby mel2010 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm not shocked that I haven't heard back for the RTK, but I'm wondering if anyone was able to get a sense of when notifications would either wrap up for finalists or begin for non-finalists. Thanks!

User avatar
pixytree
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby pixytree » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:53 pm

somewhere wrote:I also got the phone call about being a Root finalist. So maybe still being considered for named scholarships does account for not receiving financial aid award emails.

Does anybody know, from past years, what the interviews were like and what sorts of questions were asked? (Apparently a current Root Scholar will be contacting us, so I guess we can ask them about this, too.)

Also, anybody know any finalists from prior years who did not receive the scholarship? Since it looks like there's about a 2/3 chance for any one of us not to receive it (~60 finalists for ~20 scholarships), I'm curious what sort of financial aid they ended up getting after missing out on the RTK. Very little help? A lot? The exact same merit/need-based aid they would've gotten without being considered for RTK? Anybody have any insight on this?


A friend told me he got 15k/yr (didn't take it), but not sure if it was the Root or AnBryce.

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby dot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:08 pm

pixytree wrote:
somewhere wrote:I also got the phone call about being a Root finalist. So maybe still being considered for named scholarships does account for not receiving financial aid award emails.

Does anybody know, from past years, what the interviews were like and what sorts of questions were asked? (Apparently a current Root Scholar will be contacting us, so I guess we can ask them about this, too.)

Also, anybody know any finalists from prior years who did not receive the scholarship? Since it looks like there's about a 2/3 chance for any one of us not to receive it (~60 finalists for ~20 scholarships), I'm curious what sort of financial aid they ended up getting after missing out on the RTK. Very little help? A lot? The exact same merit/need-based aid they would've gotten without being considered for RTK? Anybody have any insight on this?


A friend told me he got 15k/yr (didn't take it), but not sure if it was the Root or AnBryce.


wonder if it puts you outta the running for bigger interest-area scholarships?

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby cawquette » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:24 am

i know it is a tad late, but i want to thank everyone who gave me input about the ASW! =)

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 am

Congrats to all the new RTK finalists!

This is probably it, huh.

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:23 am

Thinking about calling NYU again about the area-specific scholarships and when I would hear back from them (I applied for financial aid kind of late stupidly). Anyone have any burning questions you want me to ask?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamcohen3, lawschool2017712, Leliana and 16 guests