In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
champsound

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 am

c_dubya_s wrote:AHHHHHH! The date of my financial aid application "in final review" updated to yesterday. It probably updated yesterday, but I never checked until this morning.

Damn, mine still says application not started. I really should have done it earlier!

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 am

c_dubya_s wrote:AHHHHHH! The date of my financial aid application "in final review" updated to yesterday. It probably updated yesterday, but I never checked until this morning.

I really don't think this means anything. Mine has been in final review for at least 3 weeks.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:30 am

jpk5372 wrote:

I really don't think this means anything. Mine has been in final review for at least 3 weeks.

Probably not. Mine has been in "final review" since Feb. 24th--the date just changed yesterday, not the status.

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:38 am

c_dubya_s wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:

Probably not. Mine has been in "final review" since Feb. 24th--the date just changed yesterday, not the status.

ahhh well see now THAT might mean something...

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Mine just updated to yesterday's date as well, but I was in "under review" previously.

dot

Postby dot » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:35 pm

No travel stipend for me :(

champsound

Postby champsound » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Got moved to "Application Submitted" on the financial aid status checker! I hope it's not too late.

cawquette

Postby cawquette » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 pm

how do i submit i financial aid application?! is that just need access? i know i am stupid ;(

dot

Postby dot » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:56 am

cawquette wrote:how do i submit i financial aid application?! is that just need access? i know i am stupid ;(

Ya just need access

Well and fafsa, but they use needaccess to determine your award

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:37 pm

cawquette wrote:how do i submit i financial aid application?! is that just need access? i know i am stupid ;(

They also have an NYU specific one if you are not submitting a Need Access form. It's A LOT easier to fill out.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 pm

champsound wrote:Got moved to "Application Submitted" on the financial aid status checker! I hope it's not too late.

Same here, I don't know how long it takes.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 pm

I neeeeed to see what NYU offers me. It's killing me.

Verisimi

Postby Verisimi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Ahhhhh so THIS is where all the financial aid discussion is going on. Come on, give it to us today near close so that we can't bug them until Monday :) .

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Still going back and forth over whether to submit competing schollys now or wait to see what they offer first. I've been trying to call and ask, but I can't get through. If I can't reach their office before I head into a meeting at 3pm, I think I'm going to go ahead and submit them.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:Still going back and forth over whether to submit competing schollys now or wait to see what they offer first. I've been trying to call and ask, but I can't get through. If I can't reach their office before I head into a meeting at 3pm, I think I'm going to go ahead and submit them.

Let me know if you reach them / what you do. I'm in same boat.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:32 pm

thecilent wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:Still going back and forth over whether to submit competing schollys now or wait to see what they offer first. I've been trying to call and ask, but I can't get through. If I can't reach their office before I head into a meeting at 3pm, I think I'm going to go ahead and submit them.

Will do. The message says they're still in a staff meeting, so I'm doubtful I'll get ahold of them before 3 (my meeting goes until 5pm).

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Will do. The message says they're still in a staff meeting, so I'm doubtful I'll get ahold of them before 3 (my meeting goes until 5pm).

Just left what I hope was a coherent message with my cell phone number, so hopefully I'll get an answer soon...

hoping

Postby hoping » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

just got an email from someone saying that they put the info from my email (other offers and such) into my file...i wonder if ishould have jsut waited!

antonin

Postby antonin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Why don't you guys just withdraw.
There are so many more better schools out there. NYU is not worth the price.

yale2011

Postby yale2011 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:21 pm

antonin wrote:so many more better

...I doubt they'd release information this early; my guess is that since they said next week, a few of the nonfinalists are going to hear as early as next Weds/Thurs.

I also guess that I get $30k or less

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:25 pm

thecilent wrote:

Just got a voicemail from their office--they said that they will take other offers into consideration. They do have an appeals process for their financial aid awards, so they said that I can submit it before or after my award notification from NYU. I'm going to go ahead and submit it now--I figure it can't hurt.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:55 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Just got a voicemail from their office--they said that they will take other offers into consideration. They do have an appeals process for their financial aid awards, so they said that I can submit it before or after my award notification from NYU. I'm going to go ahead and submit it now--I figure it can't hurt.

Cool; thanks. So you're going to scan copies of other award letters? And it all goes to finaid@, right?

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:07 pm

thecilent wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Cool; thanks. So you're going to scan copies of other award letters? And it all goes to finaid@, right?

I told them I would submit award documentation if they requested it--sent it to the email address that champsound posted a page or two back.

FYI: My application date updated again this afternoon, to today. Hopefully this info isn't too late.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Per the automated reply I just received from the Fin Aid office:

Notification of awards will begin in late March. Notification will be sent electronically via email to the address you listed in your completed financial aid application. Your award may be delayed if we need additional information from you during our initial review or if you are being considered for a named scholarship that requires an interview.

This is probably a stock reply, so some of the information (such as the timeline) might not be accurate.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”