In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jcn4
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby jcn4 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Has anyone (particularly those waiting on a named scholarship invite) sent an aid negotiation letter to NYU? I need some help with mine.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 pm

jpk5372 wrote:Also, this has nothing to do with asking anything, but I like your tar alot champsound.

+alot

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby jpk5372 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:07 pm

champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!



WAHHH!!!

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby incompetentia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:08 pm

What everybody else saw:
champsound wrote:NEXT WEEK!



Better get to Final Stage of Review soon :x

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby sarahh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
pocketwatcher wrote:
mr_filthy wrote:For what it's worth, I was told today that the RTK jury is still out and interview invitations won't be finalized until 3/21 this year.


Whoa! How did you find that out?

Am experiencing a fresh influx of hope about RTK!


Wait, WHAT???? Where did that info come from?


Ahhh! I had already braced myself for a rejection e-mail. Aren't the interviews on April 1st or something? Not much time to book a flight. (I am not planning to go to ASW unless I get the interview.) I wonder if not signing up for ASW yet or submitting Need Access will hurt my chances of getting an RTK interview. Or maybe they just don't like me. I thought my five years of non-profit work experience would count for something, but I did not get the interview yet.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby ChriLa425 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:18 pm

sarahh wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
pocketwatcher wrote:
mr_filthy wrote:For what it's worth, I was told today that the RTK jury is still out and interview invitations won't be finalized until 3/21 this year.


Whoa! How did you find that out?

Am experiencing a fresh influx of hope about RTK!


Wait, WHAT???? Where did that info come from?


Ahhh! I had already braced myself for a rejection e-mail. Aren't the interviews on April 1st or something? Not much time to book a flight. (I am not planning to go to ASW unless I get the interview.) I wonder if not signing up for ASW yet or submitting Need Access will hurt my chances of getting an RTK interview. Or maybe they just don't like me. I thought my five years of non-profit work experience would count for something, but I did not get the interview yet.


not all scholarships are on the same day, I checked against an AnBrycer and they´re different (though they´re before/after the same ASW), so maybe RTK hasn´t been scheduled yet or has multiple interview days.
Last edited by ChriLa425 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 pm

champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!


Is the copy of the letter required? All of my letters are at home, and I'd like to do it this afternoon. Just wanted to know if they said anything one way or another-I can call them this afternoon if they didn't mention anything to you.

Thanks!

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby hoping » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:58 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!



WAHHH!!!



by "offers from other schools" does that include just orher schools we may have gotten into since submitting our needacess forms? even if we havent heard abt scholly from them yet?

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby ChriLa425 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:01 pm

hoping wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:
champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!



WAHHH!!!



by "offers from other schools" does that include just orher schools we may have gotten into since submitting our needacess forms? even if we havent heard abt scholly from them yet?


No I think they´re talking scholly offers to try and negotiate.

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!


Is the copy of the letter required? All of my letters are at home, and I'd like to do it this afternoon. Just wanted to know if they said anything one way or another-I can call them this afternoon if they didn't mention anything to you.

Thanks!

Didn't seem necessary, but I think it helps.

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 pm

ChriLa425 wrote:
hoping wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:
champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!



WAHHH!!!



by "offers from other schools" does that include just orher schools we may have gotten into since submitting our needacess forms? even if we havent heard abt scholly from them yet?


No I think they´re talking scholly offers to try and negotiate.

To clarify: they said "anything relevant to your decision" whatever that means.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby 4102011 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 pm

My email to them was both profound and meaningful.

Also, full of shit.

User avatar
Lisi
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Lisi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 pm

I have a question: I submitted my Need Access application to several schools on 1/31. NYU was one of the schools that I sent it to. My status checker is still on Delivery Letter Sent 2/17 (or about then - I closed the window). Should my status be updated to note that they have my Need Access stuff? I'm wondering if I need to resubmit or call them. Thanks!

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby hoping » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 pm

should i mention a g-town scholly offer or is to far down to mean a/t? also how do you mention it w/o sounding arrogant?!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:48 pm

So are the other people with scholly invites just kind of stuck in limbo right now? Because I heard we won't get any offers until after the named results come out, even though it still looks like we're going through the review process. It'd be better to have an idea of what we'll get without the other scholly, but I don't think they do that. Should we still be notifying them of other offers?

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby champsound » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Lisi wrote:I have a question: I submitted my Need Access application to several schools on 1/31. NYU was one of the schools that I sent it to. My status checker is still on Delivery Letter Sent 2/17 (or about then - I closed the window). Should my status be updated to note that they have my Need Access stuff? I'm wondering if I need to resubmit or call them. Thanks!


Check the financial aid status checker (different than the admissions status checker). It's under the admitted students website, under financial aid, and it's called "Financial Aid Application System (FAAPS).

User avatar
Lisi
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Lisi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:05 pm

champsound wrote:
Lisi wrote:I have a question: I submitted my Need Access application to several schools on 1/31. NYU was one of the schools that I sent it to. My status checker is still on Delivery Letter Sent 2/17 (or about then - I closed the window). Should my status be updated to note that they have my Need Access stuff? I'm wondering if I need to resubmit or call them. Thanks!


Check the financial aid status checker (different than the admissions status checker). It's under the admitted students website, under financial aid, and it's called "Financial Aid Application System (FAAPS).


Awesome! Thanks so much for this info.
(I'm in "Final Stage of Review," so I assume they've got my stuff.)

meryl
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby meryl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Has anyone who applied for travel reimbursement heard anything back?

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby gatorgirl4life » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 pm

champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!


Sorry, if this has already been answered, but should we e-mail them about other scholarship offers before or after they make their initial offer?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:55 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!


Sorry, if this has already been answered, but should we e-mail them about other scholarship offers before or after they make their initial offer?

Either or. I'm waiting until an initial offer.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby gatorgirl4life » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 pm

thecilent wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
champsound wrote:Okay. Just called. Just a few things.

-Takes a week from submitting NeedAccess to it being updated on the website.
-If you have offers from other schools, you can email them at law.finaid@nyu.edu with a copy of the letter/email (mention any deadlines you need to reply by and such)
-They plan to start announcing scholarships NEXT WEEK!


Sorry, if this has already been answered, but should we e-mail them about other scholarship offers before or after they make their initial offer?

Either or. I'm waiting until an initial offer.


K thanks! I'm kinda lazy, so I guess I'll do the same.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby ahduth » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 am

I'm just here to rage out about people who build shit-tastic excel templates, shove powerpoint decks in your face about how awesome said templates are, expect you to use them, then act hurt/angry/whatever when you do it faster and more effectively without their template. Because their cute little template was totally fucking broken. I can't wait to be hammering my brain into shape for mind bending exams again. Argh.

Was this 14th -> 21st thing substantiated at all? I'm still assuming I'll get a rejection letter, I'd just like to get it sooner rather than later. Why? I can't really answer that right now. Front-loaded pain for the win, maybe.

Here's some Michael Jackson for everyone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4Yo-7aMv4

User avatar
agora139
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby agora139 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 am

woo wooo!! i can now be here!! :o

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 am

AHHHHHH! The date of my financial aid application "in final review" updated to yesterday. It probably updated yesterday, but I never checked until this morning.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”