In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

WHO ALL'S AROUND FOR LUNCH ON THURSDAY??

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 am

thecilent wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:or wear a Penguins jersey...and then when you yelled PENGUINS!! everyone would just naturally assume that you were about to start a brawl and whip out a pair of skates.

So you're going to this asw too?


No I'm going to the March 31st ASW...and i was feeling quite happy about it until i realized i'd be missing such fantastic introductions :cry:

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am

dulcatis wrote:WHO ALL'S AROUND FOR LUNCH ON THURSDAY??

What time?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:WHO ALL'S AROUND FOR LUNCH ON THURSDAY??

What time?


Noonish?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am

dulcatis wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:WHO ALL'S AROUND FOR LUNCH ON THURSDAY??

What time?


Noonish?

Time doesn't actually matter come to think of it. Indont remember what time the whole check-in thing is, but I think 1ish? I'm on my phone so I don't really feel like checking.

I'm game for whatever.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:23 am

Check-in is from 1230 - 130. So yeah, let's go at like 12ish

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 am

dulcatis wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:WHO ALL'S AROUND FOR LUNCH ON THURSDAY??

What time?


Noonish?


me! where? we need a spreadsheet! haha

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:WHO ALL'S AROUND FOR LUNCH ON THURSDAY??

What time?


Noonish?


me! where? we need a spreadsheet! haha

Dulc will get yo numba and send you the secret place invite

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 am

...so how should we figure out a place to meet? Should I just pick a relatively easy landmark for you all to find? (not entirely sure how familiar you are with the NYU area)

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 am

Yeah and make it close to the campus

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am

Okay so anyone else who's up for lunch around NYU at 12 PM on Thursday, PM me for the details! :)

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 am

dulcatis wrote:Okay so anyone else who's up for lunch around NYU at 12 PM on Thursday, PM me for the details! :)

I'll still be at Columbia :( but have fun guys, hope to meet you later in the day!!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 am

ChriLa425 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:or wear a Penguins jersey...and then when you yelled PENGUINS!! everyone would just naturally assume that you were about to start a brawl and whip out a pair of skates.

So you're going to this asw too?


No I'm going to the March 31st ASW...and i was feeling quite happy about it until i realized i'd be missing such fantastic introductions :cry:


I'll be at that one!!! Several other TLSers will be too, so we'll just have to make that one even more fun! :D

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 am

...can I bandwagon on that TLS meetup too? :oops:

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am

law_monkey wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:or wear a Penguins jersey...and then when you yelled PENGUINS!! everyone would just naturally assume that you were about to start a brawl and whip out a pair of skates.

So you're going to this asw too?


No I'm going to the March 31st ASW...and i was feeling quite happy about it until i realized i'd be missing such fantastic introductions :cry:


I'll be at that one!!! Several other TLSers will be too, so we'll just have to make that one even more fun! :D


Count me in for March 31-April 1! =)

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 am

dulcatis wrote:...can I bandwagon on that TLS meetup too? :oops:


Ummmm duh. And also the NYC meetup during law_monkey's spring break muahaha!

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby melamine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:20 am

melamine wrote:hey, so i got a need-based grant from an unnamed school through need access - am i to expect similar need-based grants from other universities, or does it vary widely from school to school?


*ahem*

or whatever. i thought this would be relevant to people who were hoping for or expecting a certain amount of need-based grant from NYU... (and wanted an early indicator of said amount). that is, if the amount of need-based grants you receive from a school is a determining factor in whether you go to a school or not...

i thought people would be more interested in this...given how relevant it is...

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 am

melamine wrote:
melamine wrote:hey, so i got a need-based grant from an unnamed school through need access - am i to expect similar need-based grants from other universities, or does it vary widely from school to school?


*ahem*

or whatever. i thought this would be relevant to people who were hoping for or expecting a certain amount of need-based grant from NYU... (and wanted an early indicator of said amount). that is, if the amount of need-based grants you receive from a school is a determining factor in whether you go to a school or not...

i thought people would be more interested in this...given how relevant it is...

lol

jaws
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby jaws » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

From ASW RSVP confirmation email: "Please note: You will receive another confirmation email several days before the program date. Please print out the email confirmation and bring this with you to campus on the date of your visit. Please also keep this confirmation email for your records."

Anyone receive the other confirmation email?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 pm

jaws wrote:From ASW RSVP confirmation email: "Please note: You will receive another confirmation email several days before the program date. Please print out the email confirmation and bring this with you to campus on the date of your visit. Please also keep this confirmation email for your records."

Anyone receive the other confirmation email?

Ha Yeah I was thinking about that, too. Nothing yet.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm

yeah I wouldn´t expect too much....i haven´t even gotten my admission packet yet

syezzie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby syezzie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Does the admitted students website provide information on staying with a student? If so, could someone direct me to that? Thanks!

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:23 pm

syezzie wrote:Does the admitted students website provide information on staying with a student? If so, could someone direct me to that? Thanks!

IIRC NYU doesn't provide this information. But if you join the facebook group there is someone really helpful who has been helping people find student hosts!

syezzie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby syezzie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:30 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
syezzie wrote:Does the admitted students website provide information on staying with a student? If so, could someone direct me to that? Thanks!

IIRC NYU doesn't provide this information. But if you join the facebook group there is someone really helpful who has been helping people find student hosts!


OK! Thanks for the info!

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Just got an email letting me know I am a candidate for a dean's merit scholarship and that since I'll be at the ASW, I have been invited to meet with a Professor to learn more about my area of interest!!! Wooo




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”