In at NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 am

jpk5372 wrote:Can someone please tell me what is in said pizza box? My post office left me a parcel slip but won't redeliver because they are dumb and my mailbox is teeny tiny =(

It's not a pizza box. It's a tiny little box with like a faculty viewbook. It is really nothing.

/being annoyed by all this "pizza box" shit

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby jpk5372 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 am

thecilent wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:Can someone please tell me what is in said pizza box? My post office left me a parcel slip but won't redeliver because they are dumb and my mailbox is teeny tiny =(

It's not a pizza box. It's a tiny little box with like a faculty viewbook. It is really nothing.

/being annoyed by all this "pizza box" shit


what! Thats really not as fun as I imagined, and now i just REALLY want a pizza. glad i found out now so i wasn't all dissapointed at the post office.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby glitched » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

wait... i thought there was a t-shirt in the box. lol damnit...


edit: lol @ kitten mittens. love its always sunny.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

glitched wrote:wait... i thought there was a t-shirt in the box. lol damnit...


edit: lol @ kitten mittens. love its always sunny.


LOL at your tar, that tumblr is amazing.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Ship87 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 am

So I'm going to ask a question that will probably show my ignorance of anything financial aid related because I was lucky enough not to have to take out loans for undergrad:

I didn't apply for any of the big named scholarships. Do I get notified if I got any merit based award like a dean's award or something similar after I fill out the financial aid stuff? Is this how it is at other schools? I got admited to CLS as well, but scholarship money at NYU could make me go there. Or is it if we didn't get notified of a scholarship during our admit letter we didn't get one? Sorry if this sounds blindingly obvious.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby bistduverrueckt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 am

Ship87 wrote:So I'm going to ask a question that will probably show my ignorance of anything financial aid related because I was lucky enough not to have to take out loans for undergrad:

I didn't apply for any of the big named scholarships. Do I get notified if I got any merit based award like a dean's award or something similar after I fill out the financial aid stuff? Is this how it is at other schools? I got admited to CLS as well, but scholarship money at NYU could make me go there. Or is it if we didn't get notified of a scholarship during our admit letter we didn't get one? Sorry if this sounds blindingly obvious.


That's exactly what you do. Fill out Need Access and FAFSA then sit back and wait for NYU to hopefully give you some money. Initial financial aid packages come out in April I believe. Good luck!

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby Ship87 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:
Ship87 wrote:So I'm going to ask a question that will probably show my ignorance of anything financial aid related because I was lucky enough not to have to take out loans for undergrad:

I didn't apply for any of the big named scholarships. Do I get notified if I got any merit based award like a dean's award or something similar after I fill out the financial aid stuff? Is this how it is at other schools? I got admited to CLS as well, but scholarship money at NYU could make me go there. Or is it if we didn't get notified of a scholarship during our admit letter we didn't get one? Sorry if this sounds blindingly obvious.


That's exactly what you do. Fill out Need Access and FAFSA then sit back and wait for NYU to hopefully give you some money. Initial financial aid packages come out in April I believe. Good luck!


Thank you! Is this the process at most schools then too I take it?

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby bistduverrueckt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am

Ship87 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
Ship87 wrote:So I'm going to ask a question that will probably show my ignorance of anything financial aid related because I was lucky enough not to have to take out loans for undergrad:

I didn't apply for any of the big named scholarships. Do I get notified if I got any merit based award like a dean's award or something similar after I fill out the financial aid stuff? Is this how it is at other schools? I got admited to CLS as well, but scholarship money at NYU could make me go there. Or is it if we didn't get notified of a scholarship during our admit letter we didn't get one? Sorry if this sounds blindingly obvious.


That's exactly what you do. Fill out Need Access and FAFSA then sit back and wait for NYU to hopefully give you some money. Initial financial aid packages come out in April I believe. Good luck!


Thank you! Is this the process at most schools then too I take it?


It depends on the school. Some have school specific forms in addition to Need Access and FAFSA, some just want FAFSA, some want your tax returns. Need Access requires parental info though and is really arduous to get through so be prepared to spend a day doing it.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am

Need Access is ridiculous. For example: How am I supposed to come up with a number for "Unusual Expenses during the 2011-2012 school year"? I feel like by definition I shouldn't be able to estimate that very well.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby bistduverrueckt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 am

Need Access is the worst thing ever. My mom and I just stared at it confused for a while. And when you call the number with questions (because the form is ambiguous to the extreme) the people on the other end have no idea what you're talking about.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:54 am

Ship87 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
Ship87 wrote:So I'm going to ask a question that will probably show my ignorance of anything financial aid related because I was lucky enough not to have to take out loans for undergrad:

I didn't apply for any of the big named scholarships. Do I get notified if I got any merit based award like a dean's award or something similar after I fill out the financial aid stuff? Is this how it is at other schools? I got admited to CLS as well, but scholarship money at NYU could make me go there. Or is it if we didn't get notified of a scholarship during our admit letter we didn't get one? Sorry if this sounds blindingly obvious.


That's exactly what you do. Fill out Need Access and FAFSA then sit back and wait for NYU to hopefully give you some money. Initial financial aid packages come out in April I believe. Good luck!


Thank you! Is this the process at most schools then too I take it?


Ugh, now I am confused...I thought the NYU email said that if you are just looking for merit awards, not fin. aid necessarily, you only needed Need Access? And not FAFSA?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:Need Access is the worst thing ever. My mom and I just stared at it confused for a while. And when you call the number with questions (because the form is ambiguous to the extreme) the people on the other end have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, I feel like I'm fairly intelligent, plus I come from an Accounting/Tax background. If this thing seems ridiculous to me, I can only imagine what someone without a financial background thinks of it.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby thecilent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 am

Ugh I am going to start my needaccess shit today. I knew it was going to be annoying as hell.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby bistduverrueckt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
Ugh, now I am confused...I thought the NYU email said that if you are just looking for merit awards, not fin. aid necessarily, you only needed Need Access? And not FAFSA?


I didn't know if Ship87 was only looking for merit so I gave a rundown of the entire process. I think you're right though--for merit ONLY (not a lot barring the named scholarships) you just need the Need Access.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
Ugh, now I am confused...I thought the NYU email said that if you are just looking for merit awards, not fin. aid necessarily, you only needed Need Access? And not FAFSA?


I didn't know if Ship87 was only looking for merit so I gave a rundown of the entire process. I think you're right though--for merit ONLY (not a lot barring the named scholarships) you just need the Need Access.


Ok, I see..god, Need Access is really annoyingly complicated.

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby jpk5372 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
Ugh, now I am confused...I thought the NYU email said that if you are just looking for merit awards, not fin. aid necessarily, you only needed Need Access? And not FAFSA?


I didn't know if Ship87 was only looking for merit so I gave a rundown of the entire process. I think you're right though--for merit ONLY (not a lot barring the named scholarships) you just need the Need Access.


Ok, I see..god, Need Access is really annoyingly complicated.


Almost broke my computer out of frusteration last night.....whoops.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby bistduverrueckt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 pm

.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby ahduth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Does anyone know if there are special deadlines for filing financials if we applied for a named scholarship?

User avatar
NYC_7911
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby NYC_7911 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:49 pm

ahduth wrote:Does anyone know if there are special deadlines for filing financials if we applied for a named scholarship?


I'd like to know this, too. Also, I know a lot of invitations for dean's scholarships went out mid-February last year. Does anyone know whether we'd need to have our financial info in before they would send an invitation. I glanced through the 2010 thread for this info, but didn't see a definitive answer.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby starrydreamz3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Anyone having problems accessing the admitted student site? I am. =/

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby melamine » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:21 pm

i had issues earlier today - i think it gets quite buggy.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby hotthaichick » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:58 pm

So I'm pretty sure my acceptance letter was officially lost...

DLS 1/21 and still nothing in St Louis. I know I'm in due to the emails I've been getting and the ASW. Should I call admissions on Monday and ask for a new letter? Is that weird...?

adt231
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby adt231 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Just got my purple envelope in the mail - really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: In at NYU

Postby neonx » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Does anyone know if NYU provide travel stipend for ASW?

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: In at NYU

Postby somewhere » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Anybody from the DLS 1/21 group receive any mail other than purple envelope yet? I got the purple envelope but nothing since then, and I'm wondering how long the wait usually is.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Assasindowntheavenue, Baby Gaga, carlos_danger, chasima, chili_davis, Keilz, lawdude31, lawnerd87, Nobiggie, StopLawying and 35 guests