In at NYU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcweanis

Bronze

Re: In at NYU

Post by mcweanis » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
arism87 wrote:I got the AnBryce call and will be going to NYU! :D Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Since no one answered me before LOL. For your PI types, what are really interested in?
i'm interested in child advocacy, education law, and gender & sexuality law

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:10 pm

arism87 wrote:I got the AnBryce call and will be going to NYU! :D Good luck everyone!
Congrats!!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:11 pm

mcweanis wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Congrats! Since no one answered me before LOL. For your PI types, what are really interested in?
i'm interested in child advocacy, education law, and gender & sexuality law
Education law and international human rights here. Also interested in government work (DOJ civil rights stuff) as well.

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote: Education law and international human rights here. Also interested in government work (DOJ civil rights stuff) as well.
Hey, Twin. Were you at the NYU ASW?

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:37 pm

timmna wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote: Education law and international human rights here. Also interested in government work (DOJ civil rights stuff) as well.
Hey, Twin. Were you at the NYU ASW?
Nah, I couldn't make it. Which is why I've been asking everyone about ASW and trying to get their input. You going to take that Ann Bryce offer? I have a deadline today on accepting my Dean's Scholarship. Kind of crazy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:45 pm

CONGRATS!! :D

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote: Nah, I couldn't make it. Which is why I've been asking everyone about ASW and trying to get their input. You going to take that Ann Bryce offer? I have a deadline today on accepting my Dean's Scholarship. Kind of crazy.
Ahh I got you. Well the people are wonderful, I can tell you that for sure. I didn't get an AnBryce offer but I'm visiting Stanford on Friday. So who knows what I'm doing with my life.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:52 pm

timmna wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote: Nah, I couldn't make it. Which is why I've been asking everyone about ASW and trying to get their input. You going to take that Ann Bryce offer? I have a deadline today on accepting my Dean's Scholarship. Kind of crazy.
Ahh I got you. Well the people are wonderful, I can tell you that for sure. I didn't get an AnBryce offer but I'm visiting Stanford on Friday. So who knows what I'm doing with my life.
Boo...they didn't give it to you? They're missing out. NorCal vs. NYC...that's a huge contrast lol

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote: Boo...they didn't give it to you? They're missing out. Stanford looks so crazy, but how broke will you go with the cost of that apartment that all those 1st years live in?
I know, right? I don't know though; I know a couple people who have been offered so far and they seem to be perfect for it.

Not to get all Stanfordy in the NYU thread, but the housing at Stanford (assuming I end up there) will be less than at NYU. And they were nice enough to give me a sizable grant.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:57 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
YAAAAYYYYYY ARISM!!!!!!! Classmates!!! :D :D :D

And @timmna - so we think they're all out now? Cuz I've been talking to people from my group who aren't on TLS too, and they don't have offers yet either. Maybe I jinxed the people that I talk to and none of us are getting it, but I figured I'm in touch with enough people to have seen more than one person get an initial offer haha. That could just be me clinging to hope though.

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:58 pm

hey guys--I was at the ASW but did not have a chance to go on the tour of housing and cannot find anything about the rent online...does anyone know what the the numbers are like for the one bedroom apts? thanks!!

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

law_monkey wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:

And @timmna - so we think they're all out now? Cuz I've been talking to people from my group who aren't on TLS too, and they don't have offers yet either. Maybe I jinxed the people that I talk to and none of us are getting it, but I figured I'm in touch with enough people to have seen more than one person get an initial offer haha. That could just be me clinging to hope though.
Maybe they're going by region? I know 2 others from the DC group that got offers.

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 pm

law_monkey wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:

Well I did hear that once they did 6 offers on the first day and the rest on the next, so I guess it ain't over til it's over. I know of... 3? people who have gotten it so far so that leaves 7 that I don't.

Now, I know you're getting it, monkey. You're no jinxer. Good news must be in store for some of (yo)us. (Plus if I get it by some miracle tomorrow or later I'll have had the time to compare it to SLS!)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

law_monkey wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:

Now I wish I had tried to meet more of you... I have no idea which one arism was. Congrats anyway, to all of the scholarship recipients so far!

Also regretting that I didn't apply for AnBryce. Especially since I didn't get the Sat/Sun call for RTK. Definitely leaning toward NYU, but crossing my fingers for a Thursday call, or at least a good consolation prize on Friday.

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

arism87 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:

Maybe they're going by region? I know 2 others from the DC group that got offers.
Maybe... although I know 2 others from NY that got offers. Doesn't bode well for me.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:05 pm

timmna wrote:
Maybe... although I know 2 others from NY that got offers. Doesn't bode well for me.
Ugh I don't want to be annoying and harass all my group members, but it sounds like they did these all really close together. It sounds like I would've heard by now.

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:07 pm

HG2014 wrote:Maybe this has been answered, but any idea when those of us who applied for RTK but didn't get interviews will get our financial offers?
They said they were going to try to call everybody who was interviewed but didn't get the RTK on Friday and that they try to have information about other financial aid awards on the phone (I guess sorta like: sorry you didn't get it, please come here anyway, and hey here's your consolation prize).

So maybe the non-interviewed will also get it Friday? Or maybe financial aid is scrambling to have all the RTK finalist / non-recipients done by Friday, so everybody else gets them shortly afterward?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:09 pm

hoping wrote:hey guys--I was at the ASW but did not have a chance to go on the tour of housing and cannot find anything about the rent online...does anyone know what the the numbers are like for the one bedroom apts? thanks!!
http://www.law.nyu.edu/housing/ratesand ... /index.htm

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 pm

timmna wrote:
hoping wrote:hey guys--I was at the ASW but did not have a chance to go on the tour of housing and cannot find anything about the rent online...does anyone know what the the numbers are like for the one bedroom apts? thanks!!
http://www.law.nyu.edu/housing/ratesand ... /index.htm
thanks!

dot

Bronze

Post by dot » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:36 pm

law_monkey wrote:
timmna wrote:
Ugh I don't want to be annoying and harass all my group members, but it sounds like they did these all really close together. It sounds like I would've heard by now.
You got a Root, though, right? So maybe they communicated that to AnBryce selection folks since they want you in the Root program?

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:38 pm

dot wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
timmna wrote:
You got a Root, though, right? So maybe they communicated that to AnBryce selection folks since they want you in the Root program?
Last year, people got offered both. They had to choose. (There was one special circumstance where a girl ended up doing both.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm

i want to kick myself so hard for applying in january (missed all of nyus scholly deadlines) that i am actually thinking of withdrawing from all schools, retaking the lsats, and then just applying to NYU and all of its PI scholarships and then top 3 in the fall. i realize this is dumb and i should just be happy with nyu +30k. but the whatifs are killing me! anyone??

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:57 pm

mcweanis wrote:i want to kick myself so hard for applying in january (missed all of nyus scholly deadlines) that i am actually thinking of withdrawing from all schools, retaking the lsats, and then just applying to NYU and all of its PI scholarships and then top 3 in the fall. i realize this is dumb and i should just be happy with nyu +30k. but the whatifs are killing me! anyone??
By top 3, you mean HYS? Hmm, looking at your profile, I would say don't retake and reapply. RTK is very competitive. Even though you have non-profit experience, the chances are good that you will not get it. (Just going on the odds - nothing personal. I probably did not get it, and I have six years of non-profit experience as well as extensive volunteer experience.) With your GPA, I don't think even with a higher score you will have a good shot at YS. You would with Harvard (you have not heard back from them yet?), but do you feel confident that you can bring up your score?

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:00 pm

i havent heard from H Y or S - zipperooo. i will probably just go to nyu with a small scholly, although penn might offer me a big one, because nyu is just better.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm

mcweanis wrote:i havent heard from H Y or S - zipperooo. i will probably just go to nyu with a small scholly, although penn might offer me a big one, because nyu is just better.
If you have faith in yourself, I say go for it. I wouldn't trust anyone else's advice but my own at the end of the day. To be fair, only like 250 applied for RTK.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”