In at NYU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Spykuh

Bronze

Re: In at NYU

Post by Spykuh » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm

pixytree wrote:
Spykuh wrote:I thought nyu was one of the ones that didn't do travel stipends? I really hope I'm wrong about this :/
Just got off the phone with them. You have to email the law school financial aid office and request a subsidy. Let them know what weekend you want to attend and what other asw's you'll be attending (presumably schools that will make them jealous).
oh awesome! did they indicate anything as to how easy/hard it is to get them?

pixytree

Bronze

Post by pixytree » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Spykuh wrote:
pixytree wrote:
Spykuh wrote:I thought nyu was one of the ones that didn't do travel stipends? I really hope I'm wrong about this :/
You have to email the law school financial aid office and request a subsidy. Let them know what weekend you want to attend and what other asw's you'll be attending (presumably schools that will make them jealous).
I didn't get the sense that they were hard to get. They didn't ask for your financial background or anything. But I could be wrong. I'm emailing them today; I'll post how it goes.

Ship87

Bronze

Post by Ship87 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Oh hell yeah I'm joining this thread!! Pretty good chance I'll be going here, hope to meet some of you at ASW!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh hai, guys. :) I've so been waiting to play in this thread.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 pm

subtle wrote:Oh hai, guys. :) I've so been waiting to play in this thread.
Welcome newbies! Glad to have you! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:33 pm

I feel like I'm in another dimension entering this thread!

Heyyyyyyyyy.

hotthaichick

Bronze

Post by hotthaichick » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi everyone!! I am so unbelievably excited to be here:)

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 am

pixytree wrote:
Spykuh wrote:
pixytree wrote:
You have to email the law school financial aid office and request a subsidy. Let them know what weekend you want to attend and what other asw's you'll be attending (presumably schools that will make them jealous).
I didn't get the sense that they were hard to get. They didn't ask for your financial background or anything. But I could be wrong. I'm emailing them today; I'll post how it goes.
FYI :) :

Congratulations again on your admission to NYU School of Law!

You can request a travel subsidy to attend an Admitted Students Day program. We are unable to grant such subsidies for visits other than on the three scheduled program dates (March 3-4, March 31-April 1, and April 14-15).

Admitted students requesting a travel subsidy (to attend an admitted students days) need to do two things.

First, you will need to send an email to law.finaid@nyu.edu indicating that you are in need of a travel subsidy.

The email you send to law.finaid@nyu.edu should contain the following
information:
1) Subject line - travel subsidy;
2) Which admitted students day you plan to attend;
3) Whether you will be traveling to and receiving a travel subsidy from any other school.

Second, you will need to complete the Need Access financial aid application. You can access the financial aid application via our Admitted Students Web site.

Most students requesting a travel subsidy will be notified of a decision during the first week of March. Students selected to receive a subsidy will receive further instructions on documenting their travel expenses and requesting reimbursement.

We look forward to the possibility of meeting you at one of our Admitted Student Days programs.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 am

So pumped.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 am

neonx wrote:Image

So pumped.
This is prettyyy.

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 am

So pumped.
+1 :D

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 am

NYC is overrated, you guys. Take it from me, I live here. (Semi-kidding. I think the weeks of gray skies, brown snow slush and sub-freezing temperatures are getting to me.)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all at ASW. I'm going to the one on March 3rd and 4th. Who else?

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 am

So pumped.
That's a really nice filter on that pic!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NYC_7911

Bronze

Post by NYC_7911 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:33 am

Haha I know, I felt myself really hating midtown today...it's a gigantic puddle of slush, and everyone looks abjectly miserable. But I still love it. :-)

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Anyone else blast empire state of mind when they got in? Lol

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm

glitched wrote:Anyone else blast empire state of mind when they got in? Lol
+1

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:12 pm

anyone get an email from an alumni asking for any questions that you might have? haha thought that was a pretty nice little touch.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Welcome to the thread.

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm

hey all...pretty exciteds to be here :) was wondering how long after you get in does the "pizza box" come and how doe sit come in reg mail?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:18 pm

My acceptance letter is still not here. :evil:

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:25 pm

it sounds like there is some flexibility on the travel stipend.... very cool!

Anyone else heard back yet from CLS? It looks like they coordinate their ASWs, but both overlap on the Thursday...

CLS stipulates " Please note that in order to receive any reimbursement for the Admitted Student Program, attendance is required from no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday."

I don't want to miss either school's events...anyone else have thoughts on this?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 pm

The Stig wrote:it sounds like there is some flexibility on the travel stipend.... very cool!

Anyone else heard back yet from CLS? It looks like they coordinate their ASWs, but both overlap on the Thursday...

CLS stipulates " Please note that in order to receive any reimbursement for the Admitted Student Program, attendance is required from no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday."

I don't want to miss either school's events...anyone else have thoughts on this?
just go twice. on two stipends.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:28 pm

glitched wrote:
The Stig wrote:it sounds like there is some flexibility on the travel stipend.... very cool!

hahaha.... I totally would, but I can't make the first weekend, and the second NYU one is the week of my finals :roll:

PS nice mau5 tar!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 pm

The Stig wrote:
glitched wrote:

hahaha.... I totally would, but I can't make the first weekend, and the second NYU one is the week of my finals :roll:

PS nice mau5 tar!

haha thanks. of the two, choose the school that you more want to go to and then go to the other one's ASW.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Poking my head in here now that the decision letter has FINALLY arrived (I didn't want to jinx it)!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”