In at NYU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hotthaichick

Bronze

Re: In at NYU

Post by hotthaichick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Haha yeah I'm so excited:) I think there's a good chance I'll be at NYU next year, if I'm able to justify the absurd COL in New York to myself... is anyone here considering living on campus?

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:21 pm

hotthaichick wrote:Haha yeah I'm so excited:) I think there's a good chance I'll be at NYU next year, if I'm able to justify the absurd COL in New York to myself... is anyone here considering living on campus?
Yes +1 to everything you've just written

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Not really, campus housing seems expensivo. But if it's your first time in New York, I might recommend it for the first year.

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:00 pm

hotthaichick wrote:Haha yeah I'm so excited:) I think there's a good chance I'll be at NYU next year, if I'm able to justify the absurd COL in New York to myself... is anyone here considering living on campus?
at first i was totally disinclined to live on campus, but i figure the move will be so overwhelming and i don't want to isolate myself the first year. i figure living among students going through the same thing will help me adjust to my first year at nyu law lol. then i can move my second year to somewhere else, once i know where to look, etc.

then again, i've yet to see the nyu law housing!

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 pm

for anyone whohas already filled out the fafsa or needaccess, am i the only one who neglected to fill out parental financial info? i am on my own after undergrad so i figure it would be irrelevant...what do u think?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eaa1537

Bronze

Post by eaa1537 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:20 pm

cawquette wrote:for anyone whohas already filled out the fafsa or needaccess, am i the only one who neglected to fill out parental financial info? i am on my own after undergrad so i figure it would be irrelevant...what do u think?
You definitely need that info on at least one of the forms depending on which schools you're sending them to. I'm pretty sure NYU requires it on needaccess but not on fafsa so you'll want to go back and fix it.

degibogen214

New

Post by degibogen214 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:34 pm

cawquette wrote:for anyone whohas already filled out the fafsa or needaccess, am i the only one who neglected to fill out parental financial info? i am on my own after undergrad so i figure it would be irrelevant...what do u think?
For NYU, you only need to fill out the parental info on Need Access if you're hoping for need-based aid. For merit aid, you should be fine. I'm not sure about other schools though...

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:09 pm

degibogen214 wrote:
For NYU, you only need to fill out the parental info on Need Access if you're hoping for need-based aid. For merit aid, you should be fine. I'm not sure about other schools though...
But is there really any point in NOT trying to get need-based aid? I mean, it's 25-30 minutes of your time...

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 pm

And untold amount of time for your parents as they navigate the shitshow that is need-access. And even though your own might take only 30 minutes (that's being extremely conservative), it feels like 30 years.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melamine

Bronze

Post by melamine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:16 pm

wow - that needaccess form is just useless. how was i exactly supposed to estimate what was in like half of the boxes????

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

melamine wrote:wow - that needaccess form is just useless. how was i exactly supposed to estimate what was in like half of the boxes????
eh, i know. it is so annoying! i guess i should go back and try to fill out the parental info, and endure my father squawking on the phone with me for what feels like forever...

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

am i the only one in undergrad who no longer cares about her grades? i am procrastinating BSing a paper on shakespeare now that is due in <48 hrs and am wondering if NYU would revoke my admission based on poor semester grades....gah. does anyone know if we must send in our final transcript etc? or does anyone know if our admission may be revoked?

i am worried but calm because i am already in at NYU law! hollaaaaa <3 =)

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 pm

mst wrote:And untold amount of time for your parents as they navigate the shitshow that is need-access. And even though your own might take only 30 minutes (that's being extremely conservative), it feels like 30 years.
agreed =(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm

cawquette wrote:am i the only one in undergrad who no longer cares about her grades? i am procrastinating BSing a paper on shakespeare now that is due in <48 hrs and am wondering if NYU would revoke my admission based on poor semester grades....gah. does anyone know if we must send in our final transcript etc? or does anyone know if our admission may be revoked?

I think we do have to send in a transcript and dean's certification so they can verify our bachelor's degree since it's required for law school. But since they report our grades that we apply with they're not going to freak if they drop a little. I wouldn't go crazy, but I'm not breaking my neck to try and get a 4.0 either. But yes I feel your pain. And I still have to keep working on my senior honors thesis. :evil: :evil: :evil:

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:18 pm

law_monkey wrote:
cawquette wrote:am i the only one in undergrad who no longer cares about her grades? i am procrastinating BSing a paper on shakespeare now that is due in <48 hrs and am wondering if NYU would revoke my admission based on poor semester grades....gah. does anyone know if we must send in our final transcript etc? or does anyone know if our admission may be revoked?

I think we do have to send in a transcript and dean's certification so they can verify our bachelor's degree since it's required for law school. But since they report our grades that we apply with they're not going to freak if they drop a little. I wouldn't go crazy, but I'm not breaking my neck to try and get a 4.0 either. But yes I feel your pain. And I still have to keep working on my senior honors thesis. :evil: :evil: :evil:
ooh, i'm impressed by your will to write a senior honors thesis! i've no motivation now that i'm accepted by nyu. good luck with it!

as long as our reported GPA remains, i guess it'll be ok. my lsdas gpa of 3.93 has already dropped to a 3.9 from last semester, and will likely decline more come april...

oh, it is painnnnnful to care about undergrad! i am so procrastinating this paper by creeping on this forum.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 pm

cawquette wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

ooh, i'm impressed by your will to write a senior honors thesis! i've no motivation now that i'm accepted by nyu. good luck with it!

as long as our reported GPA remains, i guess it'll be ok. my lsdas gpa of 3.93 has already dropped to a 3.9 from last semester, and will likely decline more come april...

oh, it is painnnnnful to care about undergrad! i am so procrastinating this paper by creeping on this forum.
You need to relax. You act like being accepted to nyu is hitting the lottery. I didnt intend to sound mean sry

hotthaichick

Bronze

Post by hotthaichick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 pm

thecilent wrote:
cawquette wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

You need to relax. You act like being accepted to nyu is hitting the lottery. I didnt intend to sound mean sry
I think there's nothing wrong with being excited about NYU. I certainly feel very lucky to be accepted. And my honors thesis is dominating my life...I wish I could blow it off.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm excited too. It's sweet.

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

thecilent wrote:
cawquette wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

haha, i do need to relax i guess. i feel fortunate to have been accepted by nyu and fear that if i get a bad grade in a class they could revoke my acceptance. idk. thanks for making me realize it wasn't a lottery lol...

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah, I'm still chugging along for minimum grades needed to get honors, but seriously: not a lot of effort involved in getting 8 credits worth of B+/A-...

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:54 pm

i was a fraction of a grade from losing my honors. lol be careful man.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 pm

does anyone know when we hear about merit scholarships...didn't apply for any named ones!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Is anyone hittin' up the April 1 ASW?

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

neonx wrote:Is anyone hittin' up the April 1 ASW?
yo.

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

neonx wrote:Is anyone hittin' up the April 1 ASW?
Thinking about it--I need to coordinate with my job, so I'm not sure yet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”