In at NYU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moneko

Bronze

Re: In at NYU

Post by moneko » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:22 am

Last edited by moneko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiwi917

Bronze

Post by Kiwi917 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 pm

moneko wrote:any californians here going to the admitted students dinner thing? and does anyone know the dress code?
I'm going, and I'll be heading there straight from work, so I'll be wearing business attire. I generally think it is better to err more on the formal side for these things, but that's just my take.

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:
moneko wrote:any californians here going to the admitted students dinner thing? and does anyone know the dress code?
I'm going, and I'll be heading there straight from work, so I'll be wearing business attire. I generally think it is better to err more on the formal side for these things, but that's just my take.

we're already in. we can wear whatever we want. but they better be wearing business attire.

LOl kidding. i too might be going straight from work. I don't know if i want to bring a second set of clothes since i wear casual.

Spykuh

Bronze

Post by Spykuh » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:
i'm going and i was planning on wearing a cocktail dress of sorts

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Spykuh wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:
had to google "cocktail dress". then had to google "is cocktail dress formal?" loll

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

daggoo

New

Post by daggoo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Spykuh wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:

I hope you're not a dude.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 pm

daggoo wrote:
Spykuh wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:

I hope you're not a dude.
lol Great 2nd post

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:19 am

Does the admitted students website ever behave very oddly for anyone else? Like logging on takes you back to the log on screen?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:26 am

No?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:30 am

Right now if I try to click on the "admitted students days" link, it takes me back to the JD Admissions page. It's driving me a little bonkers.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:43 am

Mine works.

bistduverrueckt

Bronze

Post by bistduverrueckt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm

How long after the original letter does the pizza box tend to come? I was accepted in December and I'm still waiting on mine.

Then again, for some reason NYU mail takes a long time to get to my house. Has for years. Hmmm... maybe I need to have words with my mail person.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Already posted in the NYU thread, but has anyone gotten anything from NYU other than the purple envelope or the pizza box? Dad says something came, but now isn't answering the phone to tell me what it is. I'm sure it's something stupid, but I'm impatient!

Edit: nevermind, mystery solved! Yay TLS!
Last edited by arism87 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:How long after the original letter does the pizza box tend to come? I was accepted in December and I'm still waiting on mine.

Then again, for some reason NYU mail takes a long time to get to my house. Has for years. Hmmm... maybe I need to have words with my mail person.
Whoa that is forever. I was accepted in December too and I got mine weeks ago. And that's in LA.

bistduverrueckt

Bronze

Post by bistduverrueckt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 pm

law_monkey wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:How long after the original letter does the pizza box tend to come? I was accepted in December and I'm still waiting on mine.

Whoa that is forever. I was accepted in December too and I got mine weeks ago. And that's in LA.
I'm just gonna chalk it up to NYU being NYU. Sometimes it can be a frustrating entity to deal with.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 pm

arism87 wrote:Already posted in the NYU thread, but has anyone gotten anything from NYU other than the purple envelope or the pizza box? Dad says something came, but now isn't answering the phone to tell me what it is. I'm sure it's something stupid, but I'm impatient!

Ooh. What is it?

spondee

Bronze

Post by spondee » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

What is this pizza box thing about?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

yayyyyyyyyyyy i'm in!

bistduverrueckt

Bronze

Post by bistduverrueckt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 pm

cawquette wrote:yayyyyyyyyyyy i'm in!
Welcome and congrats!

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 pm

subtle wrote:
arism87 wrote:Already posted in the NYU thread, but has anyone gotten anything from NYU other than the purple envelope or the pizza box? Dad says something came, but now isn't answering the phone to tell me what it is. I'm sure it's something stupid, but I'm impatient!

Ooh. What is it?
A "join us for admitted students day" letter with a sweet NYU branded subway map.

I want my pizza box!

re-applicant

Bronze

Post by re-applicant » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
subtle wrote:

Ooh. What is it?
A "join us for admitted students day" letter with a sweet NYU branded subway map.

I want my pizza box!
Columbia is rather conveniently covered by the "Getting Around" card on the upper left side. :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:02 pm

re-applicant wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
subtle wrote:

Ooh. What is it?

I want my pizza box!
Columbia is rather conveniently covered by the "Getting Around" card on the upper left side. :mrgreen:

Aw. Not nice. :lol:

I want my pizza box too, dammit.

moneko

Bronze

Post by moneko » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 am

Last edited by moneko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 am

moneko wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

i too was accepted in december and have yet to receive any pizza boxes :(
i can't think of any reason why, but it doesn't seem to hold any fascinating swag so i'm not that worried...
+1

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:29 am

Can someone please tell me what is in said pizza box? My post office left me a parcel slip but won't redeliver because they are dumb and my mailbox is teeny tiny =(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”