In at NYU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Gold

Re: In at NYU

Post by law_monkey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am

Voicemail from the director of the Root program to call her back. I just got her voicemail though. This is driving me insane!!!

bkhopeful

New

Post by bkhopeful » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am

got the call too!!!! do you guys know if we're allowed to tell people? there are so many mundane questions i didn't ask on the phone...

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 pm

law_monkey wrote:Voicemail from the director of the Root program to call her back. I just got her voicemail though. This is driving me insane!!!
Ah!! So much love for you, girl. Also I'm sending my good vibes to the other TLSers who interviewed yesteday (you know who you are). It was so humbling to be among such fascinating and wonderful people.

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:50 pm

I guess the initial 20 calls have already gone out?

No call for me. What's more, I tried to get earliest flight home possible to have time to prep for work tomorrow, got up super early, and connecting flight in Houston was canceled. Stranded here till 9pm. Was supposed to get home early afternoon, now I might not until midnight. Hours of work to do after that. Shaping up to be a pretty lousy day.

Congrats to those who got the call. Crossing my fingers for Thursday, I guess.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:00 pm

somewhere wrote:I guess the initial 20 calls have already gone out?

No call for me. What's more, I tried to get earliest flight home possible to have time to prep for work tomorrow, got up super early, and connecting flight in Houston was canceled. Stranded here till 9pm. Was supposed to get home early afternoon, now I might not until midnight. Hours of work to do after that. Shaping up to be a pretty lousy day.

Hey Houston, heyyyyyyy. IAH?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah definitely don't give up yet! There will for sure be people turning it down, and some might be doing so before Thursday. Good luck!!!

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:12 pm

neonx wrote:

Hey Houston, heyyyyyyy. IAH?
Yup.

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

god i hate myself for taking the december lsat and missing the deadline for the root app. RAWRRRR!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 pm

It's confirmed! I got the Root!!! Sooooo excited, and I'm definitely going to NYU! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Got the call at 2:30. (EST) !!

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

yay for all the roots!!! i will probably be at nyu next year too so you better let me in your public interest club :)

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Got the call at 2:30. (EST) !!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Soooo awesome!

And mcweanis you're definitely in the club!!! NYU did a really great job of making it clear that you don't need to be a Root to dominate the PI world!

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Congratulations to everyone! I just got back home and am exhausted. It is somewhat disheartening to know that it probably was all for nothing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 pm

sarahh wrote:Congratulations to everyone! I just got back home and am exhausted. It is somewhat disheartening to know that it probably was all for nothing.
Try not to lose hope. Some finalists may decline their offers in the coming days.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:40 pm

What type of PI are you all interested in BTW?

CrashingTheGate

New

Post by CrashingTheGate » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 pm

thecilent wrote:
CrashingTheGate wrote:
glitched wrote:should i just apply for residence housing? or do you think its worth looking for something? and what area is nyu according to craigslist or other apt finding sites?
Its in the Village or the West Village. I sat with a recent alum at one of the dinners who said 5 or 6 times that the one piece of advice he had was don't live in the on-campus housing - for whatever that's worth.

You could commute from almost anywhere downtown though (east village, lower east side, chinatown) and even brooklyn wouldn't be hard.
Why would he be so against on-campus? That makes no sense
Haha. I have no idea. He didn't elaborate too much (other than cost and size of the apartments.). But he was so adamant about it that I felt like I should share. It was literally his parting word. "Nice to meet you all, I hope you come to NYU. The one piece of advice I have - don't live in NYU housing. Goodnight." It is true that you could get a nicer, cheaper place in Brooklyn but there are obvious drawbacks if you aren't from around here and obvious benefits to living in the campus housing.

BrightLine

Bronze

Post by BrightLine » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Congradulations to those who got good news today. I am still hoping to join you there in the fall :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Just posted some pictures from the weekend (hopefully to entice people wavering between NYU and Columbia): http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=152370

dianaw

New

Post by dianaw » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:02 am

NYU ASW was amazing. I'm psyched about next semester. I'll write up a review or something later if anybody was interested.[/quote]

I'm interested...

HG2014

New

Post by HG2014 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:32 am

Maybe this has been answered, but any idea when those of us who applied for RTK but didn't get interviews will get our financial offers?

Calla Lily

Bronze

Post by Calla Lily » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:35 am

They said at the ASW that the next round of financial aid offers should go out this week. I hope they send them sooner than later!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 am

Congratulations to those who were offered RTKs and good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting. In case you couldn't tell from the visit, NYU seems to be one of the most invigorating and encouraging schools at which to pursue PI. You're all incredibly lucky to have such an opportunity. I hope you'll take advantage of the offer if your hearts are really set on public service.

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:43 am

HG2014 wrote:Maybe this has been answered, but any idea when those of us who applied for RTK but didn't get interviews will get our financial offers?
Congrats to all the new ROOTS!!! I am jealous, but maybe I will be PI-friends with you next year...who knows...

And that's good news about $$ for non-interviewees--I am tearing my hair out over here.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 pm

I got the AnBryce call and will be going to NYU! :D Good luck everyone!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:05 pm

arism87 wrote:I got the AnBryce call and will be going to NYU! :D Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Since no one answered me before LOL. For your PI types, what are really interested in?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”