IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TLSNYC

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

It's official!!! im going to pENN..i just logged into the finaid wbesite even though i didnt get an email saying everything had been fixed..and i just got a huge scholarship! twice what i got from NYU!!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm

TLSNYC wrote:It's official!!! im going to pENN..i just logged into the finaid wbesite even though i didnt get an email saying everything had been fixed..and i just got a huge scholarship! twice what i got from NYU!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! That's so awesome and must be the BEST feeling to know for sure! :D :D :D

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm

TLSNYC wrote:It's official!!! im going to pENN..i just logged into the finaid wbesite even though i didnt get an email saying everything had been fixed..and i just got a huge scholarship! twice what i got from NYU!!

Just logged in as well! Got pretty darn good money, but not over the top--around 1/3 tuition.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 pm

tipler4213 wrote:

Just logged in as well! Got pretty darn good money, but not over the top--around 1/3 tuition.

That's your best offer right now is it? congrats!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 pm

tipler4213 wrote:

I just tried too, and mine is still the exact same including the loan info. I think I'm going to hold off now until I get the email since it doesn't look like everyone's was fixed at the same time.

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:20 pm

want...info....wah =(

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:20 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:

That's your best offer right now is it? congrats!

Thanks! Its a tiny bit less than my Duke offer (also got huge Texas and BU offers, but not counting them), which means a decent difference due to COA. Still better than th $0 I had earlier though!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm

No change here yet, as far as I can tell (I didn't look at my loan info that closely the first time...)

Huge congrats to TLSNYC and Tipler!

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Still no emails here :( but..

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Huge congrats to TLSNYC and Tipler!

:)

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:26 pm

can anyone post the link? i'm too lazy to search. thanks!

also, major congrats to everyone who got some $$$ today!!! :D
Last edited by gatorgirl4life on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:27 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:can anyone post the link? i'm too lazy to search. thanks!

What link? To the financial aid site? Because they have to email you a username before you can log on.

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

law_monkey wrote:

What link? To the financial aid site? Because they have to email you a username before you can log on.

ohhh i don't think i've been emailed that yet...just the general one for the admitted students' site. :( but thanks!

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

thanks to everyone for the wishes...i hope you all end up with some great offers too :D

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

ohhh i don't think i've been emailed that yet...just the general one for the admitted students' site. :( but thanks!

Yeah you'll get an email when your fin aid info is ready, and it'll include the new username. I'm sure everyone will hear this week since they won't want a bunch of angry potential students at the ASW. :D

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:33 pm

jpk5372 wrote:want...info....wah =(

Me toooooo....

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:34 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:

Me toooooo....

kept in the dark high five!

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 pm

What email address should we send negotiation/competing offers to or are you all using the email tool on the website?

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

Me toooooo....

kept in the dark high five!

It's because they're putting the finishing touches on our full rides + stipends. A scholly so awesome it doesn't even have a name, because it doesn't need one.

Edit: I forgot it includes a new puppy of your choice. To differentiate it from the Levy.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:What email address should we send negotiation/competing offers to or are you all using the email tool on the website?

I sent mine to finaid@law.upenn.edu. It's in the contact info of the broken fin aid site lol.

silly101

Postby silly101 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:52 pm

whats the procedure for travel reimbursements for asw

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:58 pm

silly101 wrote:whats the procedure for travel reimbursements for asw

From the admitted students website, it looks as if you have to turn in your receipts, along with a form you receive at ASW, and they'll mail you a check in about 4 weeks.

UPenn Admitted Students Website wrote:For those admitted students to whom visiting the Law School will prove an uncommonly demanding financial burden, we offer one-time travel reimbursements for airfare, train (regular Amtrak, not Acela), bus, or gas/mileage. We do not cover accommodations, tolls, or parking costs.

Our policy: we will reimburse up to $100 for those students travelling within the Northeast region; and up to $200 for those travelling from farther distances. Approved checks will be mailed by the University approximately four weeks after receipt of all required documents. Thus, please save your boarding pass/ticket and receipt, and ask for the official Admissions Office Reimbursement Forms before you return home.

We recommend careful planning to secure less expensive options, including online sites like Kayak and Southwest Airlines, and bus services like Bolt Bus and Megabus; if applicable, we also encourage sharing travel expenses as per the reimbursement policies of other law schools visited in the same trip. Finally, students in unique situations should contact us to evaluate other options.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:06 pm

law_monkey wrote:
OrdinarilySkilled wrote:What email address should we send negotiation/competing offers to or are you all using the email tool on the website?

I sent mine to finaid@law.upenn.edu. It's in the contact info of the broken fin aid site lol.

I think the admitted students site said to send negotiation emails to scholarships@law.upenn.edu

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I think the admitted students site said to send negotiation emails to scholarships@law.upenn.edu

Oh really? Whoops. Hopefully it'll get passed on to the right person.

slax

Postby slax » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm

From the admitted students site:

Round 1.

Some, although not all, of you have received an email linking you to our Financial Aid site. There you will find information concerning need-based awards, merit awards, and federal loans. And more as the months go by.

I have, however, already fielded some phone calls and emails (and I am rarely brave enough to tackle the financial aid phoneline). So, some answers/insight:

Emails are going out by alphabetical and acceptance order as we finalize our need-based analysis.

We started sending out emails today, but only to some admitted students; at least half of you have yet to hear. We expect more notifications to go out over the next 7 days. If you were admitted prior to March and applied for need-based aid/federal loans by early March, be on the lookout.

And please be patient! Our deposit deadline is April 29, our Admitted Students Weekend is next week, our final event is April 9: a lot can (and will) happen in the next month. This includes merit-based reevaluations.

In the meantime, go outside - particularly if you're anywhere on the East Coast.

Posted by Bayrex Marti on March 17, 2011 | Comments (0

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

slax wrote:From the admitted students site:

Round 1.

Some, although not all, of you have received an email linking you to our Financial Aid site. There you will find information concerning need-based awards, merit awards, and federal loans. And more as the months go by.

I have, however, already fielded some phone calls and emails (and I am rarely brave enough to tackle the financial aid phoneline). So, some answers/insight:

Emails are going out by alphabetical and acceptance order as we finalize our need-based analysis.

We started sending out emails today, but only to some admitted students; at least half of you have yet to hear. We expect more notifications to go out over the next 7 days. If you were admitted prior to March and applied for need-based aid/federal loans by early March, be on the lookout.

And please be patient! Our deposit deadline is April 29, our Admitted Students Weekend is next week, our final event is April 9: a lot can (and will) happen in the next month. This includes merit-based reevaluations.

In the meantime, go outside - particularly if you're anywhere on the East Coast.

Posted by Bayrex Marti on March 17, 2011 | Comments (0

I was totally confused by this last line until I saw that the timestamp was from Friday.

I got an email telling me that my offer had been fixed. I can't see any difference, so it must be some change to the loans, which I didn't look at very carefully the first time. Hope others had better luck!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”