IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:So I just got a thing about technical difficulties with a site and that I'll be getting an update later today. Did anyone else get that?

Waaaa you get moooaaarrrr money?

Watch the update be a tab where they forgot to tell us how to apply for some kind of loan or something like that. :evil:

Well they are definitely missing some stuff on mine. I was just going to wait until they fix it anyway I am sure 100 people are calling at the same time.

What do you think is missing? Like info missing or money missing?

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 pm

still no email for me :cry:

accepted 12/21, sent in fafsa early feb.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Gah. I did not get this email.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:still no email for me :cry:

Really??? That's crazy. You probably have a super stellar Dean's scholly coming your way! :mrgreen:

Well I sent in my negotiation email as soon as I got this info, but I highly doubt they're making any changes based on that. It's too soon. Maybe it's just taking longer for your email to get it.

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 pm

+1, but i sent in fafsa and needaccess in january...and am still waiting for NYU's offer as well (i've called 5 times...apparently they're having difficulties receiving some of them, but it should be fixed by Wed. ugh)

forward

Postby forward » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Do they delay award emails if you're under consideration for a named award?

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:24 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Really??? That's crazy. You probably have a super stellar Dean's scholly coming your way! :mrgreen:

<3 really really really hope so! please love me back, penn!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

<3 really really really hope so! please love me back, penn!

This is obviously the case.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Well I sent in my negotiation email as soon as I got this info, but I highly doubt they're making any changes based on that. It's too soon. Maybe it's just taking longer for your email to get it.

This is possible - I just got the email. It reads in part: "Important student loan information was not included in your evaluation." This makes it sound like the omission relates to loans (not merit aid). But is this what everyone else's email said as well? If so, I will trust it means good news could conceivably could be on the way.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Just got another email about the technical difficulties. In my case it was just about loans, just as I thought. Hooray for clarification about going into tons of debt! :D

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

This is possible - I just got the email. It reads in part: "Important student loan information was not included in your evaluation." This makes it sound like the omission relates to loans (not merit aid). But is this what everyone else's email said as well? If so, I will trust it means good news could conceivably could be on the way.

Mine says "important financial aid information," not loan.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:39 pm

tipler4213 wrote:

My original one had that, and then they just sent me a follow up that mentioned the loan.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Okay, so there were two separate emails. One means they forgot to tell you about some merit aid, and the other means they forgot to tell you something lame about loans. If you got the first one (even if you also got the second one) - so that would mean law_monkey and tipler - that probably means you are getting some kind of merit aid. Does this sound right?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:43 pm

tipler4213 wrote:

I think you are missing some merit money there.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Okay, so there were two separate emails. One means they forgot to tell you about some merit aid, and the other means they forgot to tell you something lame about loans. If you got the first one (even if you also got the second one) - so that would mean law_monkey and tipler - that probably means you are getting some kind of merit aid. Does this sound right?

No idea. I don't know if my second one was just a clarification of the first one. But if people only have the financial information that should be a good sign. I'm just not going to freak out about anything until it's all fixed. No point in getting my hopes up if all they're going to do is tell me how to apply for XYZ loan. :?

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:49 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Okay, so there were two separate emails. One means they forgot to tell you about some merit aid, and the other means they forgot to tell you something lame about loans. If you got the first one (even if you also got the second one) - so that would mean law_monkey and tipler - that probably means you are getting some kind of merit aid. Does this sound right?

No idea. I don't know if my second one was just a clarification of the first one. But if people only have the financial information that should be a good sign. I'm just not going to freak out about anything until it's all fixed. No point in getting my hopes up if all they're going to do is tell me how to apply for XYZ loan. :?

Knock on wood, I only have the aid one. Hope I don't get yanked around again. Please, seriously, please.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:53 pm

It says they're fixing it by the end of today. They probably close at 5 right? So that means we only have to wait 2 hours max before the mystery is solved!

parsi

Postby parsi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:55 pm

im very confused as to how i dont qualify for need aid. neither me nor my parents have any real assets and we both made <20k last year (mother doesnt work), stats: 3.9/171

does this not qualify for any need based aid? I feel as if im the type of candidate who would qualify for need aid

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:57 pm

parsi wrote:im very confused as to how i dont qualify for need aid. neither me nor my parents have any real assets and we both made <20k last year (mother doesnt work), stats: 3.9/171

does this not qualify for any need based aid? I feel as if im the type of candidate who would qualify for need aid

Were you nominated for a named?

parsi

Postby parsi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:
parsi wrote:im very confused as to how i dont qualify for need aid. neither me nor my parents have any real assets and we both made <20k last year (mother doesnt work), stats: 3.9/171

Were you nominated for a named?

no. i called in to see if maybe there was an error with my needaccess or fafsa... lady took down my number and told me the financial aid coordinator would call me back, but she never got to me

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Knock on wood, I only have the aid one. Hope I don't get yanked around again. Please, seriously, please.

Sorry, that's what I meant to write. You only got the aid email which is a pretty good sign... Good luck!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 pm

parsi wrote:no. i called in to see if maybe there was an error with my needaccess or fafsa... lady took down my number and told me the financial aid coordinator would call me back, but she never got to me

Sounds like you should get something. Maybe your package was not put up right neither, wait until they fix whatever is wrong.

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sorry, that's what I meant to write. You only got the aid email which is a pretty good sign... Good luck!

You too, Excellence! PS, we need to rendez-vous with other law schools nerds in NYC again...

parsi

Postby parsi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

r6_philly wrote:
parsi wrote:no. i called in to see if maybe there was an error with my needaccess or fafsa... lady took down my number and told me the financial aid coordinator would call me back, but she never got to me

Sounds like you should get something. Maybe your package was not put up right neither, wait until they fix whatever is wrong.

i got the email saying somethings wrong with my "loan offers" but lets hope your right! :)

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:07 pm

You too, Excellence! PS, we need to rendez-vous with other law schools nerds in NYC again...

That would be awesome, too bad you're not going to Mich's NYC reception tonight (I assume). But I would be down for a drink with that crowd at Delmonico's any time.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”