IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:
r6_philly wrote:You don't have to participate in anything though. You just enjoy the amenities, then hang out with your friends. The experience is what you make it out to be.


"How to get a shy friend to go to a strip club"


Shy friends are the worst at strip clubs. They front like they don't want it.

User avatar
OrdinarilySkilled
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
OrdinarilySkilled wrote:
r6_philly wrote:You don't have to participate in anything though. You just enjoy the amenities, then hang out with your friends. The experience is what you make it out to be.


"How to get a shy friend to go to a strip club"


Shy friends are the worst at strip clubs. They front like they don't want it.


Haha accurate analysis

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:50 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
OrdinarilySkilled wrote:
r6_philly wrote:You don't have to participate in anything though. You just enjoy the amenities, then hang out with your friends. The experience is what you make it out to be.


"How to get a shy friend to go to a strip club"


Shy friends are the worst at strip clubs. They front like they don't want it.


Haha accurate analysis


Where in the world did this conversation go? Recap of the last hour.

1) Veyron gives a firsthand example of how great firm receptions can be.
2) IP at Penn is somehow woven in.
3) A fleeting moment is spent discussing UG party situations.
4) A couple people admit to grandma-like partying behavior.
5) Discuss: should your shy friends accompany you to strip clubs?

End note: law_monkey <3s this thread.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Where in the world did this conversation go? Recap of the last hour.

1) Veyron gives a firsthand example of how great firm receptions can be.
2) IP at Penn is somehow woven in.
3) A fleeting moment is spent discussing UG party situations.
4) A couple people admit to grandma-like partying behavior.
5) Discuss: should your shy friends accompany you to strip clubs?

End note: law_monkey <3s this thread.


You forgot the quintessential Penn State joke.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:01 am

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Where in the world did this conversation go? Recap of the last hour.

1) Veyron gives a firsthand example of how great firm receptions can be.
2) IP at Penn is somehow woven in.
3) A fleeting moment is spent discussing UG party situations.
4) A couple people admit to grandma-like partying behavior.
5) Discuss: should your shy friends accompany you to strip clubs?

End note: law_monkey <3s this thread.


Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?

You forgot the quintessential Penn State joke.


Um no way!!! That's actually kind of weird. And I didn't forget. Chose to ignore! :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby Veyron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 am

r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 am

Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?


Haha I think you just killed Veyron's gpa for the rest of law school.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby Veyron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 am

law_monkey wrote:
Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?


Haha I think you just killed Veyron's gpa for the rest of law school.


Silence law_monkey, 1Ls have no sex drive.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 am

Veyron wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?


Haha I think you just killed Veyron's gpa for the rest of law school.


Silence law_monkey, 1Ls have no sex drive.


I have no response to that. Only laughter.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby Veyron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 am

[/quote]

Haha I think you just killed Veyron's gpa for the rest of law school.[/quote]

Silence law_monkey, 1Ls have no sex drive.[/quote]

I have no response to that. Only laughter.[/quote]

Thats what she said.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 am

Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?


http://www.atlantisphilly.com/

38th Chestnut baby. You didn't know? lol wut?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:19 am

Veyron wrote:


Haha I think you just killed Veyron's gpa for the rest of law school.[/quote]

Silence law_monkey, 1Ls have no sex drive.[/quote]

I have no response to that. Only laughter.[/quote]

Thats what she said.[/quote]

Hey not to judge or anything, but if girls are telling you that you probably do need to know where that strip club on campus is. Just sayin...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby 4102011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 am

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
They have guys who can pay for other guys to do anything, including eating fire. So that's going to be good.


Looks like my decision's made then... JK. I'm actually not the biggest partier in the world, so I really don't care about how crazy the parties and/or firm receptions are. I will probably be the grandma of the class. :oops:


I'll grandma it up with you, it's okay :)


Yay! If we both end up at Penn we can have Pride and Prejudice/brownie nights!


Uh, this needs to happen. Seriously.

ETA: AZN SAYS HE'S NEVER SEEN IT. THIS MUST BE REMEDIED AT ASW

User avatar
achilles
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby achilles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 am

Veyron wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?


Haha I think you just killed Veyron's gpa for the rest of law school.


Silence law_monkey, 1Ls have no sex drive.


Baha. Pretty sure if you quit TLS you may have time for sex. Or at least the local strip club. Or maybe more kobe beef? Also, kept thinking of you when I was looking at the portfolio. Your tar was EVERYWHERE. What a coincidence.

I missed so much, thanks for the recap monkey. I will be sad if you all ditch Penn for money elsewhere after ASW. And while I'm definitely not a grandma-style partier, I love ALL romcoms, so I'd definitely be down for some P&P

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby Veyron » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 am

[/quote]

Silence law_monkey, 1Ls have no sex drive.[/quote]

Baha. Pretty sure if you quit TLS you may have time for sex. Or at least the local strip club. Or maybe more kobe beef? Also, kept thinking of you when I was looking at the portfolio. Your tar was EVERYWHERE. What a coincidence.

I missed so much, thanks for the recap monkey. I will be sad if you all ditch Penn for money elsewhere after ASW. And while I'm definitely not a grandma-style partier, I love ALL romcoms, so I'd definitely be down for some P&P[/quote]

At least I can rationalize TLS usage as (chronic) procrastination. . .

I could try to get temp-banned again but I'd just procrastinate some other way (Edit: NOT by going to a stripclub).

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 am

r6_philly wrote:
Veyron wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Did you know there IS a strip club ON CAMPUS?


Lol, wut?


http://www.atlantisphilly.com/

38th Chestnut baby. You didn't know? lol wut?


Penn just moved up the ladder!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:54 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Penn just moved up the ladder!


They used to have the best hip hop club in the city right next door, not anymore. Penn relays was crazy as always. I think you should move Penn up a few more steps.

User avatar
khodorko
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby khodorko » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:Penn just moved up the ladder!


They used to have the best hip hop club in the city right next door, not anymore. Penn relays was crazy as always. I think you should move Penn up a few more steps.



Just registered for the ASW and bought my ticket to PA... also, just wanted to add I'm totally down for a strip club afternoon!

What better way to get better acquainted with the city of brotherly love?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:03 pm

khodorko wrote:
Just registered for the ASW and bought my ticket to PA... also, just wanted to add I'm totally down for a strip club afternoon!

What better way to get better acquainted with the city of brotherly love?


No cover before 7. Probably no cover for you ever... :lol:

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby slax » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 pm

I just wanted to say that I have an 8am LRW class at Temple on Fridays, and the teacher takes 1% off of our final grade for every absence. ASW's don't count as an excuse even though we are all law majors. So, that's why I'm not going out Thurs night :(

User avatar
khodorko
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby khodorko » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm planning on getting a hotel room at the Crown Plaza they suggested for the Friday night of the ASW... anybody else in the same boat?

coveyellow
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby coveyellow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:18 pm

khodorko wrote:I'm planning on getting a hotel room at the Crown Plaza they suggested for the Friday night of the ASW... anybody else in the same boat?


Yeah, same here. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us.

User avatar
achilles
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby achilles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 pm

coveyellow wrote:
khodorko wrote:I'm planning on getting a hotel room at the Crown Plaza they suggested for the Friday night of the ASW... anybody else in the same boat?


Yeah, same here. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us.


already booked mine! weds-sun, staying longer/earlier for apt hunting.

User avatar
OutCold
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby OutCold » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Booked my room as well. If you are going apartment hunting, be sure to take a look at the Wharton guide posted on the ASW. It's packed with info.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”