IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 pm

There is also a grad school happy hour at Drinkers West Wed. night. I might go there too lol

There is usually something to go to twice a week at Penn. Fun!

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Rainer wrote:I was planning on waiting until I received the actual letter in the mail to formally withdraw from the other law schools I applied to. I would like to at least have something in writing before I withdraw. The Early Decision agreement we all signed does say immediately though.

PS, anybody see any PENN LAW sweatshirts?

Sweatshirts:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=133502&start=25

Thank you for that link! My newest way of trying to make a decision is buying clothes from every school & seeing which I look best in.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:22 pm

obrienfa wrote:
Thank you for that link! My newest way of trying to make a decision is buying clothes from every school & seeing which I look best in.

I want to compare free t shirts but I have none.

Maybe I will go buy a Penn Law tee tomorrow. Ahh more reason to spend cash at the book store!

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm

r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:

I want to compare free t shirts but I have none.

Maybe I will go buy a Penn Law tee tomorrow. Ahh more reason to spend cash at the book store!

I have only gotten a shirt from DePaul, which has a weird smell to it even after three washes. The rest of my shirts are coming from the Bank of Dad.

achilles

Postby achilles » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail today! almost two weeks from the call...i was starting to get nervous haha. it came with a nice faculty viewbook with pictures and bios for all the standing, clinical and admin faculty.

i guess this will have to keep me occupied until mid-jan when the portfolios are mailed and admitted students site is up and running. i'm already starting my apartment hunt, not so successfully, from TX. wish i could attend the happy hours

congrats to all that were admitted today!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm

achilles wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the mail today! almost two weeks from the call...i was starting to get nervous haha. it came with a nice faculty viewbook with pictures and bios for all the standing, clinical and admin faculty.

i guess this will have to keep me occupied until mid-jan when the portfolios are mailed and admitted students site is up and running. i'm already starting my apartment hunt, not so successfully, from TX. wish i could attend the happy hours

congrats to all that were admitted today!

Let me know if you need advice on apartments.

GAPSA does a landlord survey every year you can use as reference. I do not read it but you guys may find it helpful. I don't know anyone liking the grad dorms BTW.

http://www.gapsa.upenn.edu/gapsa-landlord-survey

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Anyone doing a dual degree?

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Joining in this group to say hi!

As Penn was my first choice for undergrad and I was savagely rejected, this is redemption 4 years in the making.

-goes to find the Penn shirt I bought Junior year of highschool-

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:19 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Joining in this group to say hi!

As Penn was my first choice for undergrad and I was savagely rejected, this is redemption 4 years in the making.

Congrats!

So NYC or Philly?

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Congrats!

So NYC or Philly?

The boyfriend is in NYC so I'll likely be there, but I've been at school in Pennsylvania for the last 4 years and I have learned to love it.

I'll be going to ASWs all spring. Only have 3 credits this semester so I have nothing better to do than hob-nob with law school kids.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:39 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
The boyfriend is in NYC so I'll likely be there, but I've been at school in Pennsylvania for the last 4 years and I have learned to love it.

I'll be going to ASWs all spring. Only have 3 credits this semester so I have nothing better to do than hob-nob with law school kids.

Which PA school?

So I guess I will be seeing you! If I get into the NYC schools I will come to ASWs and receptions and ... whatever free boos and food I can get.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Which PA school?

So I guess I will be seeing you! If I get into the NYC schools I will come to ASWs and receptions and ... whatever free boos and food I can get.

I'm in the Lehigh Valley. The good school there. =D

slax

Postby slax » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 pm

+1. Now I can finally rightfully buy the not penn state shirt I've wanted for 5 years.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm

slax wrote:

+1. Now I can finally rightfully buy the not penn state shirt I've wanted for 5 years.

lol I bought one but couldn't really bring myself to wearing it. I'd offend everyone I know.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Just found it! I'll wear it tomorrow.

Side note, also found the NYU shirt I got from them for Undergrad. But it says "College of Arts and Science" on the back. I may sharpie over it and write "school of fucking law!"

Good idea or great idea?

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:Anyone doing a dual degree?

I have looked into doing the criminology one but Penn isn't ranked as high as I would like.

starrydreamz3 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Congrats!

So NYC or Philly?

I will be doing the same thanks to strenuous six credit load.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Haha ditto. Penn was my first choice for undergrad too. Finally...vindication!! Feels so great to be able to join this thread :D

I don't have a Penn shirt yet. But I want one!!

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm

obrienfa wrote:I will be doing the same thanks to strenuous six credit load.

I only need three classes to graduate, but if I drop below a full-time load, I lose my on-campus housing and my scholarship (not to mention my health insurance).

So I'm taking intro to piano to fill the gap. :lol:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am

Actually I am going to drop down to 1 class for the spring so I can take advantage of dual degree/dual counting (and save some $$$). But I still have my job so I can't really slack off like you guys. Still will hit every ASW though.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 am

HeavenWood wrote:
obrienfa wrote:I will be doing the same thanks to strenuous six credit load.

I only need three classes to graduate, but if I drop below a full-time load, I lose my on-campus housing and my scholarship (not to mention my health insurance).

So I'm taking intro to piano to fill the gap. :lol:

I only need three credits as well but I was going to lose my health insurance if I wasn't at least part time so I am taking a graduate criminal justice class since my advisor couldn't find me anything else that wasn't at 8am.

r6_philly wrote:Actually I am going to drop down to 1 class for the spring so I can take advantage of dual degree/dual counting (and save some $$$). But I still have my job so I can't really slack off like you guys. Still will hit every ASW though.

What are you currently going to grad school for?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:48 am

obrienfa wrote:I only need three credits as well but I was going to lose my health insurance if I wasn't at least part time so I am taking a graduate criminal justice class since my advisor couldn't find me anything else that wasn't at 8am.

Take computer crimes (grad or UG) if they offer it. It's a really interesting class.

What are you currently going to grad school for?

MPA with a focus on non-profit management. I am probably going to drop the core class and only take 1 elective. Especially if I can get Berkeley to say yes to a combined degree (then it would work for both B and P).

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 am

So excited to join this thread!! In via call yesterday, RD. Will definitely be going to ASW whenever that may be. This is one of my top choices so I'm really excited! Nice to meet you guys! (well some of you I "know" already haha)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:08 am

ilovemulch wrote:So excited to join this thread!! In via call yesterday, RD. Will definitely be going to ASW whenever that may be. This is one of my top choices so I'm really excited! Nice to meet you guys! (well some of you I "know" already haha)

Yes! Congrats! I think ASW was the last weekend of March last year. So what other options you have right now?

glacierfrost

Postby glacierfrost » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 am

Does anyone know if the bookstore at Penn sells different or better looking Penn Law sweaters than the one on Zazzle??? My secret santa would love to know :wink:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:29 am

glacierfrost wrote:Does anyone know if the bookstore at Penn sells different or better looking Penn Law sweaters than the one on Zazzle??? My secret santa would love to know :wink:

I am pretty sure there are only 2 versions of pullover hoodies - dark blue with Penn Law on the front and a gray one. There are about 30 different kinds of general Penn sweatshirts, some are very cool, but not school specific.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”