IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcweanis

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:06 pm

haha no. I'm a minority. They've gone above and beyond to help me with the smallest of things.[/quote]

maybe they are being mean to white people to meet their diversity quota!!

(im so rry i havent slept in days and i had my toll interview today and it didnt go well)

wondering

Postby wondering » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Been the total opposite for me. When something like this happens I think it's important to also look in the mirror. I am not being rude or anything...

Idk about that...asked the same questions/had the same interactions with administrators at a number of schools, and they've all been positive and helpful. I'm just getting a really, really negative vibe from the administration and I know people earlier in this thread were posting about the same thing..so if I'm the one being rude, I think other people could be classified as "rude" too...

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:13 pm

mcweanis wrote:maybe they are being mean to white people to meet their diversity quota!!

(im so rry i havent slept in days and i had my toll interview today and it didnt go well)

:lol:

They let me in, and I'm a white Jew from the Philly suburbs.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:17 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:Cool. Sorry about your experience. I'm going to go have a few drinks. McWeanis you could certainly use more sleep darling.

how bad my week is: being called darling just made it better.

also if this government shutdown happens im not going to get paid til its over...

sonervous88

Postby sonervous88 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:18 am

i have had an awesome and very positive experience with the administrators. And UPenn just gave me the money I need so i will be seeing you guys this fall! :) so happy to be done.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:58 am

My experience has also been generally positive; they just take forever to do things like financial aid.

It took them more than 2 months to finish my package. It took UT about 5 days.

This thread keeps getting interesting. Are Penn Law classes going to be the same way, or is all the negativity enrolling elsewhere like NYU? lol

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:01 pm

niederbomb wrote:My experience has also been generally positive; they just take forever to do things like financial aid.

It took them more than 2 months to finish my package. It took UT about 5 days.

This thread keeps getting interesting. Are Penn Law classes going to be the same way, or is all the negativity enrolling elsewhere like NYU? lol

By now, I assume most of the negative people have sent in their deposits to CCNMV.
Last edited by HeavenWood on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 pm

HeavenWood wrote:By now, I assume most of the negative people have sent in their deposits to CCNVP.

wut? :lol:

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:By now, I assume most of the negative people have sent in their deposits to CCNVP.

Edited!

Boy, am I aware today... :lol:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:07 pm

HeavenWood wrote:Edited!

Did you go to the preview day?

achilles

Postby achilles » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 am

Woah, slax is definitely the most pretentious Penn applicant I have met or read posts from online. Yikes. We dodged a bullet there guys! Now back to being collegial :)

In all seriousness, I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met at ASW and wish the best for everyone going elsewhere. And congrats to all the scholly recipients (jealousy...)

wondering

Postby wondering » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 am

achilles wrote:Woah, slax is definitely the most pretentious Penn applicant I have met or read posts from online. Yikes. We dodged a bullet there guys! Now back to being collegial

I really hope you're joking.

Also, collegial =\= piling on someone for expressing an opinion different from yours.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 am

achilles wrote:Woah, slax is definitely the most pretentious Penn applicant I have met or read posts from online. Yikes. We dodged a bullet there guys! Now back to being collegial :)

In all seriousness, I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met at ASW and wish the best for everyone going elsewhere. And congrats to all the scholly recipients (jealousy...)

+1. What other person gets into Harvard and goes to UVA because of "fit" other than someone who grew up in a filthy rich family and never experienced the real world?

To be fair, though, whenever anyone with abnormally high numbers and better options posts in a school's thread, they tend to get cussed out. Check out the Vanderbilt thread. :)

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 am

niederbomb wrote:+1. What other person gets into Harvard and goes to UVA because of "fit" other than someone who grew up in a filthy rich family and never experienced the real world?

To be fair, though, whenever anyone with abnormally high numbers and better options posts in a school's thread, they tend to get cussed out. Check out the Vanderbilt thread. :)

Someone who gets a full ride. Wake up.

Enough with this total b/s section of the thread. Please.

Gotta start looking at apartments! Don't want to live in the on-campus stuff, although it would be easy to just sign up for it.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 am

pereira6 wrote:
Enough with this total b/s section of the thread. Please.

Gotta start looking at apartments! Don't want to live in the on-campus stuff, although it would be easy to just sign up for it.

Yea let's all just admit we are pretentious and be done with it. 8)

forward

Postby forward » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am

have any Toll interviewees heard back? if so, please chime in (or PM me).

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 am

forward wrote:have any Toll interviewees heard back? if so, please chime in (or PM me).

i haven't heard back.. i did a pretty bad job on my interview though so im pretty sure it's a no

slax

Postby slax » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am

achilles wrote:Woah, slax is definitely the most pretentious Penn applicant I have met or read posts from online. Yikes. We dodged a bullet there guys! Now back to being collegial :)

Ha. Oh.

niederbomb wrote:

+1. What other person gets into Harvard and goes to UVA because of "fit" other than someone who grew up in a filthy rich family and never experienced the real world?

You are bad at reading.
Edited to include this little note from nieder: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152693

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 pm

slax wrote:Edited to include this little note from nieder: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152693

Interesting.

slax

Postby slax » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:42 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
slax wrote:Edited to include this little note from nieder: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152693

Interesting.

I promised someone we would stop derailing this thread. Let's all just let this go and move on.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Edited!

Subconscious Michigan-is-awesome trolling!!! <3

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 am

Don't forget to join the facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk= ... 59179&ap=1

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

slax wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Interesting.

I promised someone we would stop derailing this thread. Let's all just let this go and move on.

"Let me get in one more last jab; then we can all move on." - Slax

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:11 am

in case anyone's wondering at least one toll scholarship has been awarded (not to me though :) )

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”