IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
absolutazn87

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Is there still anyone who hasn't gotten any financial aid emails, not even the one with the login info?

hoping

Postby hoping » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm

how do you withdraw form upenn?

khodorko

Postby khodorko » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:09 pm

hoping wrote:how do you withdraw form upenn?

Same as all other schools, just email the admissions email saying you would like to withdraw and they'll do it for you immediately.

hoping

Postby hoping » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm

khodorko wrote:
hoping wrote:how do you withdraw form upenn?

Same as all other schools, just email the admissions email saying you would like to withdraw and they'll do it for you immediately.

thanks!

supahstahxruv

Postby supahstahxruv » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:36 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Is there still anyone who hasn't gotten any financial aid emails, not even the one with the login info?

o, hai.

each time i email they tell me they'll get it to me "tomorrow." not sure how many more tomorrows i can handle

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 pm

supahstahxruv wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Is there still anyone who hasn't gotten any financial aid emails, not even the one with the login info?

o, hai.

each time i email they tell me they'll get it to me "tomorrow." not sure how many more tomorrows i can handle

yeah same!! i called yesterday and they said i'd get it tomorrow. are you telling me tomorrow isn't the day lol?? :oops:

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 pm

toll interview tomorrow !!

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 am

Got a merit only email. They said my need-based analysis would arrive "this week." Unfortunately, this week is almost over. lol

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:10 am

On my way to Philly for the preview day tomorrow! Anyone else going to be there?

ChuckSchick

Postby ChuckSchick » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:22 pm

I just got a missed call from a Philly #. Do any of you accepted folks remember what # called you for acceptance? I'm on my phone and can't scroll thru this thread, sorry if this has been asked already.

No voicemail, so probably overthinking this.

ChuckSchick

Postby ChuckSchick » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Nevermind, just got an email. In.

bruinkid8

Postby bruinkid8 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I haven't gotten any e-mails from Financial aid. No login info, no merit, no need-based. nothing. I was accepted like 2 months ago....I guess I should probably call.

silly101

Postby silly101 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:40 pm

ChuckSchick wrote:Nevermind, just got an email. In.

congrats!

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Got the Dean's scholly confirmation email so it's official: I'm attending Penn this fall!

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:44 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Got the Dean's scholly confirmation email so it's official: I'm attending Penn this fall!

how much merit/need based aid did you get?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:47 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Got the Dean's scholly confirmation email so it's official: I'm attending Penn this fall!

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D So much happiness for you!!!!!!!

wondering

Postby wondering » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Last edited by wondering on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Just talked to Kate (the Penn finaid lady) on the phone and she just moved me several spots ahead for finaid and scholly evaluations.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:50 pm

wondering wrote:Has anyone else had an almost uniformly negative experience with the administrators at Penn? I really like the school and the programs and I think it fits really well with my goals, but the administrators have been rude, condescending, and just generally nasty to me every time I interact with them. Maybe that's what people are referring to when they say the school is pretentious? I definitely get a "we're too busy to talk to you, AND we know better than you so shut up" vibe from the (admittedly small) sample of people I've spoken to.

Been the total opposite for me. When something like this happens I think it's important to also look in the mirror. I am not being rude or anything...

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
wondering wrote:Has anyone else had an almost uniformly negative experience with the administrators at Penn? I really like the school and the programs and I think it fits really well with my goals, but the administrators have been rude, condescending, and just generally nasty to me every time I interact with them. Maybe that's what people are referring to when they say the school is pretentious? I definitely get a "we're too busy to talk to you, AND we know better than you so shut up" vibe from the (admittedly small) sample of people I've spoken to.

Been the total opposite for me. When something like this happens I think it's important to also look in the mirror. I am not being rude or anything...

+1

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:

+1

you mean look in the mirror, and see if you're visibly gay/minority/disabled or some other thing that might cause people to look down on you? :^)

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:55 pm

mcweanis wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:

+1

you mean look in the mirror, and see if you're visibly gay/minority/disabled or some other thing that might cause people to look down on you? :^)

What are you talking about?

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Been the total opposite for me. When something like this happens I think it's important to also look in the mirror. I am not being rude or anything...[/quote]

+1[/quote]

you mean look in the mirror, and see if you're visibly gay/minority/disabled or some other thing that might cause people to look down on you? :^)[/quote]

What are you talking about?[/quote]

i mean, you seemed to be indicating that the poster was being rude or a jerk, causing adminds to be rude or a jerk back. i was suggesting perhaps they don't like the poster for some other reason unrelated to his behavior, such as his appearance.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:02 pm

mcweanis wrote:i mean, you seemed to be indicating that the poster was being rude or a jerk, causing adminds to be rude or a jerk back. i was suggesting perhaps they don't like the poster for some other reason unrelated to his behavior, such as his appearance.

You seemed to be indicating that Penn fosters a discriminatory environment. I was more agreeing with the first part of ksimon's post, anyway (I had an extremely positive experience at the ASW).

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:04 pm

mcweanis wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:

+1

haha no. I'm a minority. They've gone above and beyond to help me with the smallest of things.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”