IN AT UPENN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:58 am

shanshan333 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Just requested to join the FB group! OMG still so shocked and excited!!! I really love Penn and will most likely attend! :D


I want to be directed to this facebook group! Congrats Monkey! I look forward to seeing you there. Do you live in Philly now?


Here's the link to the page. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 59179&ap=1

And no I've never even been to Philly. That's why I want to visit just to make sure. I actually go to school out in Cali, but I'm ready to make the transition to the East Coast!


That link doesnt work.. At least for me. I think the northeast can be a little bit of a shock. You definitely want to visit and want to visit during the winter. GL!


Hmmm that's weird that it doesn't work since that's the one that I used. But it's definitely posted somewhere else in this thread and in the Penn waiting thread.

And I'm definitely used to hard winters. I'm originally from Nebraska where it's freezing in the winters/humid and scorching hot in the summers. It's been nice doing my UG in Cali, but I know what to expect when I get out East. :wink:

mapes
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby mapes » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 am

got the call this afternoon! very excited.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 am

mapes wrote:got the call this afternoon! very excited.


CONGRATS!!! I got in today too! I'm glad that some of us were able to survive that huge wave of dings/WL. :D

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby absolutazn87 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 am

Here's the link to the Facebook groups: cross thread quoting!!

slax wrote:If anyone does get in, come join the 2 facebook spots going on.

The page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Penn-Law-Class-of-2014/112978558769404
Run by Penn students, has a discussion board (could be helpful for finding roomies)

The group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_153921794659179&ap=1Run by some TLSers, lets you click on other member's profiles so you can creep a bit

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby gbpackerbacker » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:47 am

IN! Definitely one of my top choices. So. Happy.

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby shanshan333 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:31 am

gbpackerbacker wrote:IN! Definitely one of my top choices. So. Happy.


Congrats!!! Thanks for the links absolut.

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby 123xalady » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 pm

In yesterday morning--so honored to be joining this thread!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:55 pm

123xalady wrote:In yesterday morning--so honored to be joining this thread!


Congrats! To all other new admits too!

Now go join the facebook group too. Maybe we can get some socializing going.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
123xalady wrote:In yesterday morning--so honored to be joining this thread!


Congrats! To all other new admits too!

Now go join the facebook group too. Maybe we can get some socializing going.


It's already grown by a couple people from yesterday when I joined. TBH I really like the mood in this thread better than some of the other "In" ones. :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm

law_monkey wrote:It's already grown by a couple people from yesterday when I joined. TBH I really like the mood in this thread better than some of the other "In" ones. :D


No one is doing any socializing though! I will plan happy hours...

My "in at Berkeley" thread is pretty cool. Although the school has not been admitting many so it's quiet.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 pm

r6_philly wrote:No one is doing any socializing though! I will plan happy hours...


YES.

Could they perchance be weekend happy hours? I have Fridays and Mondays off this semester, so traveling across the Commonwealth won't be as much of an issue for me. :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
r6_philly wrote:No one is doing any socializing though! I will plan happy hours...


YES.

Could they perchance be weekend happy hours? I have Fridays and Mondays off this semester, so traveling across the Commonwealth won't be as much of an issue for me. :D


You are going to drive/fly 300 miles for happy hours? Awesome, weekend it is. Sat afternoon after my class.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
r6_philly wrote:No one is doing any socializing though! I will plan happy hours...


YES.

Could they perchance be weekend happy hours? I have Fridays and Mondays off this semester, so traveling across the Commonwealth won't be as much of an issue for me. :D


You are going to drive/fly 300 miles for happy hours? Awesome, weekend it is. Sat afternoon after my class.


That and my family/friends/girlfriend. :mrgreen:

The drive isn't so bad. I've done it so many times, I know where to speed and where to stay legal. I've gotten home in as little as four hours and fifteen minutes.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:It's already grown by a couple people from yesterday when I joined. TBH I really like the mood in this thread better than some of the other "In" ones. :D


No one is doing any socializing though! I will plan happy hours...

My "in at Berkeley" thread is pretty cool. Although the school has not been admitting many so it's quiet.


I'm doing an east coast trip over my spring break, and I'll be visiting Penn on the 17th/18th. I vote for a happy hour then since that'll be the only time I can come. :D

User avatar
achilles
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:23 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:It's already grown by a couple people from yesterday when I joined. TBH I really like the mood in this thread better than some of the other "In" ones. :D


No one is doing any socializing though! I will plan happy hours...

My "in at Berkeley" thread is pretty cool. Although the school has not been admitting many so it's quiet.


ya it's kinda weird to see people's facebook profiles. i'm used to yall's avatars!

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:
123xalady wrote:In yesterday morning--so honored to be joining this thread!


Congrats! To all other new admits too!

Now go join the facebook group too. Maybe we can get some socializing going.


dude, just checked out the Penn facebook page and we have a mutual friend :D

I am still waiting for my first acceptance though...

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby bdubs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 am

How many Penn threads are there? It's hard to keep track

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 am

ThreeYears wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
123xalady wrote:In yesterday morning--so honored to be joining this thread!


Congrats! To all other new admits too!

Now go join the facebook group too. Maybe we can get some socializing going.


dude, just checked out the Penn facebook page and we have a mutual friend :D

I am still waiting for my first acceptance though...


Wait, who?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:17 am

bdubs wrote:How many Penn threads are there? It's hard to keep track


The In thread and the class of thread. And their are 2 facebook groups (well 1 page and 1 group), pretty active too.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 am

r6_philly wrote:
bdubs wrote:How many Penn threads are there? It's hard to keep track


The In thread and the class of thread. And their are 2 facebook groups (well 1 page and 1 group), pretty active too.


Lol yeah, and there's the Penn 2011 thread which is the "waiting" thread.

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby pereira6 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:34 am

Whoops, didn't know there was an IN thread too!

I'm going to shy away from the facebook stuff until I have a general idea of where I could be headed haha...spent way too much b/s time on fb over break and I really don't need more reasons to spend on it!

Lovin' Penn so far, crossing my fingers they throw me a bit of cash. Not sure I'm up for a 200k pricetag!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby law_monkey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

pereira6 wrote:Whoops, didn't know there was an IN thread too!

I'm going to shy away from the facebook stuff until I have a general idea of where I could be headed haha...spent way too much b/s time on fb over break and I really don't need more reasons to spend on it!

Lovin' Penn so far, crossing my fingers they throw me a bit of cash. Not sure I'm up for a 200k pricetag!


Yeah that might be smart. It's pretty convincing once you get on the group and start talking to people via facebook. Especially since people are talking about housing and stuff. Every time I go on I come off in the mindset that I'm definitely going to Penn haha.

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby silly101 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 pm

law_monkey wrote:
pereira6 wrote:Whoops, didn't know there was an IN thread too!

I'm going to shy away from the facebook stuff until I have a general idea of where I could be headed haha...spent way too much b/s time on fb over break and I really don't need more reasons to spend on it!

Lovin' Penn so far, crossing my fingers they throw me a bit of cash. Not sure I'm up for a 200k pricetag!


Yeah that might be smart. It's pretty convincing once you get on the group and start talking to people via facebook. Especially since people are talking about housing and stuff. Every time I go on I come off in the mindset that I'm definitely going to Penn haha.


+1
:)

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 pm

silly101 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
pereira6 wrote:Whoops, didn't know there was an IN thread too!

I'm going to shy away from the facebook stuff until I have a general idea of where I could be headed haha...spent way too much b/s time on fb over break and I really don't need more reasons to spend on it!

Lovin' Penn so far, crossing my fingers they throw me a bit of cash. Not sure I'm up for a 200k pricetag!


Yeah that might be smart. It's pretty convincing once you get on the group and start talking to people via facebook. Especially since people are talking about housing and stuff. Every time I go on I come off in the mindset that I'm definitely going to Penn haha.


+1
:)

+2! Our fb group is definitely more lively and awesome than most of the other ones I've joined :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: IN AT UPENN

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't think anyone in at Boalt is interested in one, I think I posted twice.

No matter, I am a networking kind of person and I am completely immune from peer pressure, so talking with other committed folks doesn't affect my mindset a bit.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], champagnepapi, hwwong, potterotter, Rosa Parks, smashbash, sre08, Yitzhak26 and 21 guests