IN AT UPENN Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Gold

Re: IN AT UPENN

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:15 pm

absolutazn87 wrote: Yeah I wasn't sure how the student matching would turn out so I'm just crashing with a friend who's doing grad school at Penn
That's probably a good idea. I have a friend who's there for undergrad, but her thesis is due the week after so I really don't want to bother her.

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote: Yeah I wasn't sure how the student matching would turn out so I'm just crashing with a friend who's doing grad school at Penn
Which school? I never asked you.
engineering school - biomedical.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 pm

absolutazn87 wrote: engineering school - biomedical.
Nice! I am toying with the idea of a joint degree at SEAS, but I don't want to take the GRE. So looks like the MBE for me.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Question for r6. I'm booking my tickets now, and the best deal I found is a red eye that gets me into Philly at 6 am. :( Should I just pay the extra $30 to come in later in the day, or will I be able to find entertainment starting that early in the morning?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:42 pm

law_monkey wrote:Question for r6. I'm booking my tickets now, and the best deal I found is a red eye that gets me into Philly at 6 am. :( Should I just pay the extra $30 to come in later in the day, or will I be able to find entertainment starting that early in the morning?
I don't know what qualifies as entertainment for you? What's the later flight? If you come to center city you can visit the historical sights starting around 9. So you can go have breakfast at Reading Terminal Market then go check out center city. We can meet up for lunch, I work in cc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Question for r6. I'm booking my tickets now, and the best deal I found is a red eye that gets me into Philly at 6 am. :( Should I just pay the extra $30 to come in later in the day, or will I be able to find entertainment starting that early in the morning?
I don't know what qualifies as entertainment for you? What's the later flight? If you come to center city you can visit the historical sights starting around 9. So you can go have breakfast at Reading Terminal Market then go check out center city. We can meet up for lunch, I work in cc.
I basically have the personality of a 5 year old in terms of getting excited about things, so I find most things entertaining. I mostly want to make sure there's something open so I can pass the time without randomly just wandering down the street looking lost.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Azn and I are going to get there in time for the second optional thing on Thursday!!

SO EXCITED.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 pm

law_monkey wrote:
I basically have the personality of a 5 year old in terms of getting excited about things, so I find most things entertaining. I mostly want to make sure there's something open so I can pass the time without randomly just wandering down the street looking lost.
If you take the airport train to 8th street (Market East) there is the market, Independence Hall, National Constiutional center, and African-American Museum. You can also go check out the Art Museum and Franklin Institute when you are done. Plenty to do for a whole day.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 pm

dulcatis wrote:Azn and I are going to get there in time for the second optional thing on Thursday!!

SO EXCITED.
After the informal reception? I will meet you guys there at the law school, then we will figure out where to hang.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Azn and I are going to get there in time for the second optional thing on Thursday!!

SO EXCITED.
After the informal reception? I will meet you guys there at the law school, then we will figure out where to hang.
I should be flying in on Thursday afternoon, and I will let you guys know if I can make it to the TLS partay!

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:

SO EXCITED.
Sounds good!

Can't wait for ASW!!!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Wait, is this going to be a You've Got Mail moment of awkwardness or have you guys all met before? LOL

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:57 pm

neonx wrote:Wait, is this going to be a You've Got Mail moment of awkwardness or have you guys all met before? LOL
Well you guys all pretty much know who I am now :lol:

ETA we have the facebook group going too
Last edited by r6_philly on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

achilles

Bronze

Post by achilles » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm getting in Wednesday around 6 pm so I can look at neighborhoods and apartments on Thursday. Maybe we could have a Thursday lunch in CC for people getting there early (or already living there if course!)

Oh, and definitely a You've Got Mail situation, I don't know anyone :)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:59 pm

achilles wrote:I'm getting in Wednesday around 6 pm so I can look at neighborhoods and apartments on Thursday. Maybe we could have a Thursday lunch in CC for people getting there early (or already living there if course!)

Oh, and definitely a You've Got Mail situation, I don't know anyone :)
I am down for lunch!

I work at 2nd and Chestnut. We can pick any of the good center city restaurants. Continental is right there 2nd and Market.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:00 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

SO EXCITED.
Sounds good!

Can't wait for ASW!!!
Ahhhhh I just found the perfect flight!!!! It gets in at 9:30, so that's not quite as drastic. And I can explore Philly a little and make it to both of the Thursday events. And it leaves later on Saturday night too, so I can definitely make everything. OMG SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not going to be able to sleep now, and it's still over a month away. :( :( :( And haha about the You've Got Mail thing. My friends IRL are kind of creeped out when I refer to my TLS "friends."

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh, and definitely a You've Got Mail situation
OUTED (as over 30).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:
neonx wrote:Wait, is this going to be a You've Got Mail moment of awkwardness or have you guys all met before? LOL

OMG, Link please. I'm debating about ASW.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 pm

neonx wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

OMG, Link please. I'm debating about ASW.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 59179&ap=1

The unofficial group.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm hoping that the fb group + PMing + gchatting with people will make it SLIGHTLY less awkward.

In slightly related news, we should do a meetup for people in the NYC area beforehand...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:04 pm

dulcatis wrote:
I'm hoping that the fb group + PMing + gchatting with people will make it SLIGHTLY less awkward.

In slightly related news, we should do a meetup for people in the NYC area beforehand...
I was thinking about coming to the Duke alumni reception next week...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:06 pm

So much excitement! Meetin' people from the INTERWEBZ. So... Nsync "Digital Getdown"

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm

neonx wrote:So much excitement! Meetin' people from the INTERWEBZ. So... Nsync "Digital Getdown"
Um can we be besties IRL please???

Also my tickets have been bought!!! It's official...law_monkey invasion of Penn!!! Ridiculously expensive, but totally worth it.

achilles

Bronze

Post by achilles » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Veyron wrote:
OUTED (as over 30).
Haha, I not-so-secretly love that movie. I can't resist watching it when it's on TV. But only 22! You gonna hang out with the TLSers when we come visit? Convince everyone to go to Penn?

Also, anyone watching the Puppy Bowl?

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:33 pm

achilles wrote:
Veyron wrote:
OUTED (as over 30).
Haha, I not-so-secretly love that movie. I can't resist watching it when it's on TV. But only 22! You gonna hang out with the TLSers when we come visit? Convince everyone to go to Penn?

Also, anyone watching the Puppy Bowl?
Let me know the details and I'll check it against my con-law reading.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”