IN AT UPENN Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shanshan333

Bronze

IN AT UPENN

Post by shanshan333 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey guys,

As promised here is the IN AT UPENN thread. I think I'm going there to visit this weekend and will buy some Penn Law sweatshirts for the parentals to give on Christmas.

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Re: IN AT UPENN

Post by gbpackerbacker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:15 pm

stats?

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:34 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:stats?
167/3.98

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:37 pm

ED or RD?

St.Remy

Silver

Post by St.Remy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:ED or RD?
Only EDs have heard back thus far.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm

St.Remy wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:ED or RD?
Only EDs have heard back thus far.
Thanks.

And big congrats to OP.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks! Yupp, good luck to all your RDers.

sem5117

New

Post by sem5117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey all. I was accepted ED last Wednesday. So excited! Congrats to everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm

sem5117 wrote:Hey all. I was accepted ED last Wednesday. So excited! Congrats to everyone!
Congrats again, Sem! Have you withdrawn all your other applications yet? How long do we have to do that?

achilles

Bronze

Post by achilles » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm

hey yall! i was accepted last wednesday too, ED. 170, 3.53. I withdrew from all my other schools (ugh 17 haha) via email, and have only heard back from two so far. i suppose adcomms really do go home on the weekends. i dunno how long we have to withdraw, but i was accepted to 3 schools after i heard from penn, so i figured i should ASAP

i noticed on the status checker that it says ASW will be march 25th and 26th, can't wait! i think i may try to go up sometime earlier to apartment hunt, but i'm not sure if i can take off from work. shan, i'm jealous you'll be at the bookstore so soon. they don't have any penn law stuff on their website sadly. also, it says my decision letter was mailed on friday!

sem5117

New

Post by sem5117 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:04 am

shanshan333 wrote:
sem5117 wrote:Hey all. I was accepted ED last Wednesday. So excited! Congrats to everyone!
Congrats again, Sem! Have you withdrawn all your other applications yet? How long do we have to do that?
Thanks! I withdrew all my applications (and nearly cried when I looked at my credit card statement from the time I applied) on Friday. I did it via email, and almost all the schools responded. They were quite positive too...Villanova even asked where I would be attending. I'm not really sure what is considered a reasonable time frame in which to withdraw though.

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 am

sem5117 wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:
Thanks! I withdrew all my applications (and nearly cried when I looked at my credit card statement from the time I applied) on Friday. I did it via email, and almost all the schools responded. They were quite positive too...Villanova even asked where I would be attending. I'm not really sure what is considered a reasonable time frame in which to withdraw though.
I'm going to start soon. It's just that I applied to A LOT of schools because of all the fee waivers. I don't think I really paid for any. Though that $12.00 reporting fee was quite a nuisance with all the apps. I already pulled out of three interviews I had lined up for next week and their responses were pretty warm. I told everyone straight up where I was going. I think my apartment hunt is over so I'm relieved about that but I'm going to visit it this weekend to make sure everything checks out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

glacierfrost

Bronze

Post by glacierfrost » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 am

How long do we have until we have to withdraw from other schools? Even though I know I will be withdrawing, I kind of want to find out if I would have gotten in...otherwise I felt like I totally just wasted a G for nothing

sem5117

New

Post by sem5117 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 am

glacierfrost wrote:How long do we have until we have to withdraw from other schools? Even though I know I will be withdrawing, I kind of want to find out if I would have gotten in...otherwise I felt like I totally just wasted a G for nothing
I didn't see a time frame on any information from Penn. Your best bet would probably be to email Penn admissions and ask. I felt the same way, as I hadn't heard back from any other schools yet, but I decided to go ahead and withdraw anyway. Do they have a way of finding out if you withdrew or not?

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 am

Yes, I think it is possible that they could find out and definitely not worth risking your acceptance over it since you can't attend another school anyway. I felt the same way initially though. For some reason I feel as though we get around 3 weeks to withdraw. If anyone can give a definite answer, though, that would be excellent.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 am

Penn shares ED info. with other law schools, so, yes, Penn can determine whether or not one's other law school applications were withdrawn after being accepted to Penn ED.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

snowballgirl

New

Post by snowballgirl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Has anyone received his/her decision letter? I live in a town where, apparently, the Pony Express still delivers the mail. (My mail is always late...)

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:47 pm

snowballgirl wrote:Has anyone received his/her decision letter? I live in a town where, apparently, the Pony Express still delivers the mail. (My mail is always late...)
No, no letter yet but my status on the status checker did change.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

shanshan333 wrote:Yes, I think it is possible that they could find out and definitely not worth risking your acceptance over it since you can't attend another school anyway. I felt the same way initially though. For some reason I feel as though we get around 3 weeks to withdraw. If anyone can give a definite answer, though, that would be excellent.
I withdrew from all other schools as soon as I confirmed my ED acceptance with the office of admissions (one can never be too careful; after all, withdrawals are irrevocable).

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:Yes, I think it is possible that they could find out and definitely not worth risking your acceptance over it since you can't attend another school anyway. I felt the same way initially though. For some reason I feel as though we get around 3 weeks to withdraw. If anyone can give a definite answer, though, that would be excellent.
I withdrew from all other schools as soon as I confirmed my ED acceptance with the office of admissions (one can never be too careful; after all, withdrawals are irrevocable).
I feel like the status checker is enough verification for me. I withdrew from a couple of schools today, probably will get to the rest tomorrow. Our cycle is over so early! Weird.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:12 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
I feel like the status checker is enough verification for me. I withdrew from a couple of schools today, probably will get to the rest tomorrow. Our cycle is over so early! Weird.
The best kind of weirdness! :D

(And I confirmed with the office the day I got the call).

sem5117

New

Post by sem5117 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:44 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
I also waited until my status checker changed to withdraw, and even so it still makes me nervous thinking about the fact that I pulled 10 applications. :shock: I suppose I will be able to relax when I have the actual letter in my hands (says it was mailed the 10th but has not arrived yet :evil: ).

Another question...On the status checker, it says "College Certification Forms" under the requirements. Does anyone know anything about this?

shanshan333

Bronze

Post by shanshan333 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 pm

sem5117 wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
I also waited until my status checker changed to withdraw, and even so it still makes me nervous thinking about the fact that I pulled 10 applications. :shock: I suppose I will be able to relax when I have the actual letter in my hands (says it was mailed the 10th but has not arrived yet :evil: ).

Another question...On the status checker, it says "College Certification Forms" under the requirements. Does anyone know anything about this?
Proof that you graduated?... Diploma status?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
sem5117 wrote:
Proof that you graduated?... Diploma status?
Before you matriculate, you have to send a final transcript direct to the registrar's office that shows a degree conferment date (to prove that you earned your bachelors). You may also have to send a dean certification form as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”