IN AT UPENN Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
absolutazn87

Silver

Re: IN AT UPENN

Post by absolutazn87 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:29 pm

dulcatis wrote:Got a Levy invite! COMPLETELY shocked & super excited :)
CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :D
Last edited by absolutazn87 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Got a Levy invite! COMPLETELY shocked & super excited :)
CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :D
And jealous. :)

lshamlet

Bronze

Post by lshamlet » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Would it be correct to assume that all the offers for Levys are only coming out today?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 pm

lshamlet wrote:Would it be correct to assume that all the offers for Levys are only coming out today?

Supposed to be rolling. But if you've been in for a while, maybe not.

lshamlet

Bronze

Post by lshamlet » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:
lshamlet wrote:Would it be correct to assume that all the offers for Levys are only coming out today?

Supposed to be rolling. But if you've been in for a while, maybe not.
Thanks for the quick reply r6. You're probably the most helpful person on this forum.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm

lshamlet wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply r6. You're probably the most helpful person on this forum.
Thanks! I try to be when I can. They said regular Dean's are coming out in a couple of weeks. If you end up getting nothing you can always send in other offers at the email address mentioned in the financial aid FAQ on the ASW.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey everyone! I've been away from my computer all day, so I just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS to the new peeps!!!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:53 pm

law_monkey wrote:Hey everyone! I've been away from my computer all day, so I just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS to the new peeps!!!
Did you get a scholly invite?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Hey everyone! I've been away from my computer all day, so I just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS to the new peeps!!!
Haha that's a laugh. My numbers are pathetic. I've been riding on my softs all cycle. :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 pm

law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Haha that's a laugh. My numbers are pathetic. I've been riding on my softs all cycle. :oops:
Well we are good company then lol

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Well we are good company then lol
Yep. You at least have a solid GPA. I'm low on both ends. I'm just sitting patiently until need-based info starts coming out. That's when I (hopefully) will start seeing the dollar signs. Thank goodness the schools I'm interested in have grants and not just loans.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Curious, to those of you who have gotten scholarship invitations, how long are essays supposed to be? The email I received just said "brief," but didn't speculate beyond that.

Also, anyone know if Penn has a reputation for matching merit scholarships from other schools? I'm very fortunate to have been hooked up by UVA already, and would like to use that money to leverage Penn if possible.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:03 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Yep. You at least have a solid GPA. I'm low on both ends. I'm just sitting patiently until need-based info starts coming out. That's when I (hopefully) will start seeing the dollar signs. Thank goodness the schools I'm interested in have grants and not just loans.
They told me named recipients are not eligible for need grants. So I am ok with not getting one. Patiently waiting for Dean's + need. Wouldn't it be awesome to get a 90k deans + need grants????????? I can dream of course.

So are we going to hang out in a group at ASW? I even signed up for both socials + student dinner.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
They told me named recipients are not eligible for need grants. So I am ok with not getting one. Patiently waiting for Dean's + need. Wouldn't it be awesome to get a 90k deans + need grants????????? I can dream of course.

So are we going to hang out in a group at ASW? I even signed up for both socials + student dinner.
Haha yeah I've been daydreaming this whole cycle about getting into one of the top schools with a solid financial package. The joke will be on me!

And how is that even a question? I was like a salivating Doberman in front of a t-bone steak when I registered. I just went down the list and checked everything. And I'm most stoked about GETTING A PENN T-SHIRT!!!!!!!

eaa1537

Bronze

Post by eaa1537 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Curious, to those of you who have gotten scholarship invitations, how long are essays supposed to be? The email I received just said "brief," but didn't speculate beyond that.

Also, anyone know if Penn has a reputation for matching merit scholarships from other schools? I'm very fortunate to have been hooked up by UVA already, and would like to use that money to leverage Penn if possible.
I'm also wondering this. I started a draft and it's at 2 pages double spaced right now. I don't really have much else to say so I'm probably not going to go over 2 pages but I'm not sure if that's too long?? Saying to keep it brief but not imposing a word limit so we have the freedom to answer the question isn't very specific :?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm

law_monkey wrote: Haha yeah I've been daydreaming this whole cycle about getting into one of the top schools with a solid financial package. The joke will be on me!

And how is that even a question? I was like a salivating Doberman in front of a t-bone steak when I registered. I just went down the list and checked everything. And I'm most stoked about GETTING A PENN T-SHIRT!!!!!!!
You really really sound excited about Penn. I hope you love it.

lolok

New

Post by lolok » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Anyone else get the Wilson invite? I'm hoping Penn will top my uva scholly, but it looks like th Wilson tops out at 75k. Anyone know if they give Wilson + dean's?

I'm visiting Penn soon and REALLY excited about it (even though I've seen the law school before)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:35 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote: Haha yeah I've been daydreaming this whole cycle about getting into one of the top schools with a solid financial package. The joke will be on me!

You really really sound excited about Penn. I hope you love it.
Thanks! I'm honestly just a little nervous about that. I love it so much in theory that it would break my heart if I visit and find out it's actually not for me. But that is NOT going to happen!

slax

Bronze

Post by slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:07 pm

In regards to length: that is the key to great writing. My high school English teacher would never tell us a minimum or maximum for our essays. He would just say that it should be like a woman's skirt: long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep your attention.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:13 pm

I think I'm going to aim for around 2 pages maximum for my essays. That was enough for the PS, so I figure that should be okay for these essays, too.

& HELL YES PENN TSHIRT WILL BE AWESOME!! Going to register either tonight or tomorrow for the ASW stuff! & we are definitely having an awesome TLS hangout :)

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 pm

dulcatis wrote:I think I'm going to aim for around 2 pages maximum for my essays. That was enough for the PS, so I figure that should be okay for these essays, too.

& HELL YES PENN TSHIRT WILL BE AWESOME!! Going to register either tonight or tomorrow for the ASW stuff! & we are definitely having an awesome TLS hangout :)
Yeah there should definitely be a separate TLS hangout without all the random strangers who have no idea what a lolcat is. And Dulc when you're registering the second PI panel is way cooler than the first (hint hint). Oh and congrats on the scholly invite!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Wait, you get a free tshirt for attending an ASW?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:56 pm

somewhere wrote:Wait, you get a free tshirt for attending an ASW?
That's what I'm assuming since they asked for our size. I know they gave them out at the Georgetown one, so I'm hoping this is common. It'd be nice to get some swag from all these schools!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 pm

law_monkey wrote:
That's what I'm assuming since they asked for our size. I know they gave them out at the Georgetown one, so I'm hoping this is common. It'd be nice to get some swag from all these schools!
You get one from Michigan too. I will have a collection of law school tees to wear to the wrong schools.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
You get one from Michigan too. I will have a collection of law school tees to wear to the wrong schools.
All the more incentive to visit! I just wish I had enough $$$ to visit all the schools I want.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”