Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jr1886 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Sorry for the cross-post
I applied to quite a few schools back in early November with a GPA: 3.2, LSAT:160. I retake the LSAT yesterday and I think I might have increased my score to 162-165 depending on the curve. Worst case scenario would be the same score. I am under review at most schools and I don't know if any would reject me outright. Should I call all of them and tell them to wait for my new score? I am a black male.

Thank you

Edit: the schools I applied to are on my profile

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby northwood » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:19 pm

if youre under review. then they will make a decision shortly. It will come most likely before you get your scores back. A lot of schools wont review your applicaiton if you have a future lsat test date. It depends on each individual school however.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jr1886 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm

northwood wrote:if youre under review. then they will make a decision shortly. It will come most likely before you get your scores back. A lot of schools wont review your applicaiton if you have a future lsat test date. It depends on each individual school however.

Maybe some schools did not realize I register for the LSAT again. FSU and UM accepted while I had already registered. I am currently under review at all schools on my profile except UChicago and GWU

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby northwood » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:25 pm

you can let them know that you took the test again. send them an e-mail with your name and lsac number on it, or call.

I think it would be better to have it in writing. that way you have a copy for your records as well.

User avatar
ShuckingNotJiving
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby ShuckingNotJiving » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:25 pm

on most apps it requires you to indicate dates of all LSAT tests taken and/or registered for. this includes future registrations. didn't you put the December date on your applications?

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jr1886 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:45 pm

ShuckingNotJiving wrote:on most apps it requires you to indicate dates of all LSAT tests taken and/or registered for. this includes future registrations. didn't you put the December date on your applications?

I sent all my applications save for UChigaco before I register for the December LSAT.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jr1886 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:47 pm

northwood wrote:you can let them know that you took the test again. send them an e-mail with your name and lsac number on it, or call.

I think it would be better to have it in writing. that way you have a copy for your records as well.

Thank you. I will email them early tomorrow. This will make me wait a lil longer for decisions with added risk. If i do worse, I would have been better off laying low




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, ashrice13, cephaschen, EvanWilliams2, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Kungfu Wontons, lawschool2017712, MSNbot Media, okf731, proteinshake, simplypara588, turkeyncheese, WamBam, wishywashy and 25 guests