Quinnipiac 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:In via email and letter.



When did you get the email and when was the letter dated? Odd, I thought they called applicants. Any scholarship info?

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby ElvisAaron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 am

jaydizzle wrote:
ElvisAaron wrote:In via email and letter.



When did you get the email and when was the letter dated? Odd, I thought they called applicants. Any scholarship info?


Nice email from the Dean about my PS. Letter 1/10.
$12k scholarship.

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby derrminater » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 am

ElvisAaron wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
ElvisAaron wrote:In via email and letter.



When did you get the email and when was the letter dated? Odd, I thought they called applicants. Any scholarship info?


Nice email from the Dean about my PS. Letter 1/10.
$12k scholarship.



Interesting. When did you submit? Given your stats I would have thought they'd have given you more money.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 am

You deserve a full scholly. This makes me nervous as I have much lower numbers.

taxguy
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby taxguy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 am

I like Quinnipiac as well and love their location.With that said, however, don't count on any job offers or help from them. They haven't been around long enough to establish any traction among larger law firms. Also, their location isn't helpful either. They aren't in Mass or Miami or NY etc. If you attend Quinnipiac, you do so at your own risk. You've been warned.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am

taxguy wrote:I like Quinnipiac as well and love their location.With that said, however, don't count on any job offers or help from them. They haven't been around long enough to establish any traction among larger law firms. Also, their location isn't helpful either. They aren't in Mass or Miami or NY etc. If you attend Quinnipiac, you do so at your own risk. Don't say you haven't been warned.


They seem to do well in Hartford and better than WNEC. If UCONN does not work out, I see WNEC or Quinnipiac being the next best for Hartford.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby snapdragon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:24 am

ElvisAaron wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
ElvisAaron wrote:In via email and letter.



When did you get the email and when was the letter dated? Odd, I thought they called applicants. Any scholarship info?


Nice email from the Dean about my PS. Letter 1/10.
$12k scholarship.


Wow if your profile is accurate, I can't believe you didn't get a full ride.

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby ElvisAaron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:00 pm

snapdragon wrote:
ElvisAaron wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
ElvisAaron wrote:In via email and letter.



When did you get the email and when was the letter dated? Odd, I thought they called applicants. Any scholarship info?


Nice email from the Dean about my PS. Letter 1/10.
$12k scholarship.


Wow if your profile is accurate, I can't believe you didn't get a full ride.


I believe its because I applied to their PT program, they don't give squat for PT. If you check LSN $12k for PT is significant, relatively speaking.
I can't see giving up my career altogether (ie going full time) for law school unless its Harvard, MAYBE BU or Uconn.

taylor247
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby taylor247 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm hoping for a full ride with 3.6 and 167. Or at least something close. I am not prepared for mass debt. Hope we hear soon!

tas817
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby tas817 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

got accepted on the 1/6 via email and on the 8th got the packet with 25k a year

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 pm

There has been movement today. Some got waitlisted on LSN. I checked my status checker just now, and it says decision mailed. This is strange as those waitlisted got emails at least. This makes me nervous. Well, at least I got into Penn State!

User avatar
Iceman389
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby Iceman389 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

jaydizzle wrote:There has been movement today. Some got waitlisted on LSN. I checked my status checker just now, and it says decision mailed. This is strange as those waitlisted got emails at least. This makes me nervous. Well, at least I got into Penn State!


Decision mailed for me as well but no e-mail

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Iceman389 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:There has been movement today. Some got waitlisted on LSN. I checked my status checker just now, and it says decision mailed. This is strange as those waitlisted got emails at least. This makes me nervous. Well, at least I got into Penn State!


Decision mailed for me as well but no e-mail



Glad that I am not the only one. I wish they would tell us by email first. Maybe they mailed out a big packet. Oh well, I got Penn State. I want to go somewhere with $$ though, so I really have no options yet since I am awaiting financial info from all schools.

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby msu1077 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Those who are being waitlisted or have a status of decision mailed, when did you submit and go complete? My file went into review on 12/28/10, so I was hoping to hear something soon. :shock:

Thanks!

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 pm

msu1077 wrote:Those who are being waitlisted or have a status of decision mailed, when did you submit and go complete? My file went into review on 12/28/10, so I was hoping to hear something soon. :shock:

Thanks!


I was complete 11/22 then in review 12/14 but strangely enough went back into review 12/28/10 like most. You should be hearing soon. I hope I got in, but this would be strange. It looks like accepted people always got emails. If I got into Penn State, I should be getting into Quinnipiac.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Just got the email saying I am in. For everyone who is already in, did the email mention a letter about scholarships or no? So far, all I know is that I am getting my official decision in the mail. It would be nice to get $$ in the mail too!

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby derrminater » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Accepted via email, no mention of scholly, complete 11/15

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby ElvisAaron » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Just got the email saying I am in. For everyone who is already in, did the email mention a letter about scholarships or no? So far, all I know is that I am getting my official decision in the mail. It would be nice to get $$ in the mail too!


Scholly was a separate page in the mailed acceptance packet.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 pm

5k a year top 50%? Are you effin kidding me. This is for the full time program. I rather attend the T4 I got admitted to. This is ridiculous. I know my LSAT is low, but my GPA is very very high. Based on LSN, I should be getting way more hah. I am insulted. I am quite upset...

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby msu1077 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Rejected via email this morning. Good luck to all of you who are planning on attending.

lic06003
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Quinnipiac 2011

Postby lic06003 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

In at part-time. Still waiting for their decision for their full-time program.

ab633
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby ab633 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Anyone else get waitlisted?

User avatar
ElvisAaron
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby ElvisAaron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 pm

ab633 wrote:Anyone else get waitlisted?


I just emailed them to decline admission and scholly, hope you get the spot.

User avatar
Iceman389
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby Iceman389 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Got my acceptance letter today. 20k a year with 50% stipulation. PM for numbers will be withdrawing soon

lic06003
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Postby lic06003 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:44 pm

for pt, i got 8k... ehhh. Honestly thought I'd get more cause I had great softs. Have any of you guys tried negotiating with them?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”