Quinnipiac 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sergissimo

New

Re: Quinnipiac 2011

Post by sergissimo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:05 am

I was also extremely impressed at the school's high profile faculty, their student-focused approach, and the excellent reputation and placement in CT. I was still undecided between UCONN (with a non-renewable 10k scholarship, CT resident tuition) and Quinnipiac (25k a year scholarship). I finalist for the Deans Fellow scholarship and went to Quinnipiac last weekend. I came back decided to attend regardless of the full tuition scholarship. However, I got the email from the Dean on Tuesday offering me the full ride as a Dean's Fellow. I'm extremely happy right now and I am certain that QU is the right choice.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:18 am

sergissimo wrote:I was also extremely impressed at the school's high profile faculty, their student-focused approach, and the excellent reputation and placement in CT. I was still undecided between UCONN (with a non-renewable 10k scholarship, CT resident tuition) and Quinnipiac (25k a year scholarship). I finalist for the Deans Fellow scholarship and went to Quinnipiac last weekend. I came back decided to attend regardless of the full tuition scholarship. However, I got the email from the Dean on Tuesday offering me the full ride as a Dean's Fellow. I'm extremely happy right now and I am certain that QU is the right choice.

these placement stats are bogus. Job prospects for QU grads are terrifyingly poor. With a full ride, though, you would at least be debt free.

sergissimo

New

Post by sergissimo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 am

rocon7383 wrote:
sergissimo wrote:I was also extremely impressed at the school's high profile faculty, their student-focused approach, and the excellent reputation and placement in CT. I was still undecided between UCONN (with a non-renewable 10k scholarship, CT resident tuition) and Quinnipiac (25k a year scholarship). I finalist for the Deans Fellow scholarship and went to Quinnipiac last weekend. I came back decided to attend regardless of the full tuition scholarship. However, I got the email from the Dean on Tuesday offering me the full ride as a Dean's Fellow. I'm extremely happy right now and I am certain that QU is the right choice.

these placement stats are bogus. Job prospects for QU grads are terrifyingly poor. With a full ride, though, you would at least be debt free.

It is interesting how people who aspire to be attorneys can just come out and say something without back up. You kids think about biglaw only. Most of the 3L's I met already had a job offer. I am concerned about a.quality education. Would I pay full tuition there? No. But I wouldn't pay sticker price anywhere either. Paying sticker price forces you into that big law salary to pay off your 150/200k debt. That's just not everyone's game plan. And you have to have a more mature perspective to see that for yourself.
I am not saying that their placement is the best. I am just saying that in CT, where I intend to practice, they have had no problem going head to head with other quality higher ranked institutions.
Stop saying things you don't have proof for, you might find as a law student that this kind of thing may get you in trouble.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 am

sergissimo wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:

It is interesting how people who aspire to be attorneys can just come out and say something without back up. You kids think about biglaw only. Most of the 3L's I met already had a job offer. I am concerned about a.quality education. Would I pay full tuition there? No. But I wouldn't pay sticker price anywhere either. Paying sticker price forces you into that big law salary to pay off your 150/200k debt. That's just not everyone's game plan. And you have to have a more mature perspective to see that for yourself.
I am not saying that their placement is the best. I am just saying that in CT, where I intend to practice, they have had no problem going head to head with other quality higher ranked institutions.
Stop saying things you don't have proof for, you might find as a law student that this kind of thing may get you in trouble.
The back up is staring you in the face. I didn't think it was necessary to include it because every 0L should already be cognizant of the fact law jobs in the northeast for Tier IIIs are few and far between. Not impossible, but difficult to find. The 95% employed after graduation is atrociously misleading. By the way, what kind of career are you looking to get into?

Roxybsr

New

Post by Roxybsr » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Any updates on acceptances from WL here?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:20 am

Decided on QU. Money was too hard to turn down.

gtrwanka

New

Post by gtrwanka » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 am

joncrooshal wrote:Decided on QU. Money was too hard to turn down.

I'll most likely be joining you for the exact same reasons.

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 pm

gtrwanka wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:Decided on QU. Money was too hard to turn down.

I'll most likely be joining you for the exact same reasons.
I'm excited. I did really love the school when I visited. The area is slow, which is great for studying. I wanted a slower town for that reason alone.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu May 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Any idea if they do section stacking?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm likely withdrawing soon. Seems like I'm headed to WVU. Just need to visit first before I decide.

eknowles7530

New

Post by eknowles7530 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Anyone been waiting for over 2 months for a decision? I had two status updates, both saying my file is in review. First was 3/17 then 5/12. Who else is waiting like me???

Roxybsr

New

Post by Roxybsr » Wed May 18, 2011 4:03 pm

joncrooshal wrote:I'm likely withdrawing soon. Seems like I'm headed to WVU. Just need to visit first before I decide.
I may be withdrawing soon too.
eknowles7530 wrote:Anyone been waiting for over 2 months for a decision? I had two status updates, both saying my file is in review. First was 3/17 then 5/12. Who else is waiting like me???
I'm in the same boat. Last I received was an email asking to reply if still interested.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Roxybsr wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:I'm likely withdrawing soon. Seems like I'm headed to WVU. Just need to visit first before I decide.
I may be withdrawing soon too.
I withdrew, even with the offer of a half ride. Beautiful campus and nice area, but the employment prospects are just way too grim for me to feel comfortable about dropping even $20k a year in tuition alone.

--LinkRemoved--

Only 46% have a job that is JD/Bar Required 9 months after grad. That just makes me way too uncomfortable, paired with the fact that of that handful of folks in private practice, even with only 51% reporting salaries, the median is $65k. Factor in living expenses and I'd have been looking at $100k in loans for the prospect of maybe possibly making $65k? Too much of a risk for me. Though, I do wish all of you the best of luck at QU.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”