Loyola - New Orleans

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gboyle138
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby gboyle138 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

I am kind of in the same boat, high LSAT, low GPA... I just heard back that I was waitlisted last week.... no other real correspondance. So if any of you guys who are accepted, but dont really want to go could withdraw... I would probably love you lol[/quote]

I'm going to ride it out. Sorry. As I said above, the much higher ranked schools which I was admitted into (Marquette, Indiana-Indianapolis who also offered me a scholarship if I attend their summer program) are located in cities that I'm not exactly enthralled with. I just don't get how Drake and John Marshall-Chicago are offering me 10,000+ and I get nothing from Loyola. Once again though, if I plan on spending a crapton of money anyway, I'd rather do it in New Orleans than Des Moines.

awsiler
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby awsiler » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 pm

hahahah I can't argue that.

User avatar
suzee401
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 am

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby suzee401 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Same here. I can't make up my mind and am trying to figure out the $$ situation. I would love to live in NOLA - but paying sticker is going to hurt!

gboyle138
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby gboyle138 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:31 pm

suzee401 wrote:Same here. I can't make up my mind and am trying to figure out the $$ situation. I would love to live in NOLA - but paying sticker is going to hurt!


Yeah it is, but I'm flying down to pay a visit May 8. Has anyone gotten any kind of reply from emailing ladmit@loyno.edu? I've sent three emails on different topics with zero response.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby dey206 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:55 am

I know of a girl who did the summer program and then after she did well in the fall she got a scholarship. From what I know Loyola is nice about giving money. Id call and ask for details about scholarship offers after first year. So if you had to go and pay sticker maybe this is something that could happen with you too. Good luck.

edyoung
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby edyoung » Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

gboyle138 wrote:
suzee401 wrote:Same here. I can't make up my mind and am trying to figure out the $$ situation. I would love to live in NOLA - but paying sticker is going to hurt!


Yeah it is, but I'm flying down to pay a visit May 8. Has anyone gotten any kind of reply from emailing ladmit@loyno.edu? I've sent three emails on different topics with zero response.


I tried emailing them a few times and got nothing, ended up just calling them. I withdrew because they were fairly insulting on the phone and even with a few T50 acceptances under my belt and decent money from T2 and T3's, they didn't give me a dime. I wanted to live in NOLA but it is what it is. Should have applied to Tulane, I guess.

gboyle138
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby gboyle138 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 pm

edyoung wrote:I tried emailing them a few times and got nothing, ended up just calling them. I withdrew because they were fairly insulting on the phone and even with a few T50 acceptances under my belt and decent money from T2 and T3's, they didn't give me a dime. I wanted to live in NOLA but it is what it is. Should have applied to Tulane, I guess.


That's annoying. What do you mean by insulting? And I applied to Tulane, but still haven't gotten a response, though I doubt I will get in.

User avatar
LawBound11
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby LawBound11 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Withdrew; GL to everyone on the WL!

ETJ13
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby ETJ13 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Anyone else doing the Summer Program?

I know of myself and one other person.

awsiler
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby awsiler » Thu May 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Just got accepted off of waitlist... maybe that info helps someone who is on it!

jmill
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby jmill » Thu May 05, 2011 6:14 pm

awsiler wrote:Just got accepted off of waitlist... maybe that info helps someone who is on it!


You're welcome lol. oh and congrats.

awsiler
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby awsiler » Thu May 05, 2011 6:48 pm

jmill wrote:
awsiler wrote:Just got accepted off of waitlist... maybe that info helps someone who is on it!


You're welcome lol. oh and congrats.



hahaha thank you! and thank you!

edyoung
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby edyoung » Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 am

gboyle138 wrote:
edyoung wrote:I tried emailing them a few times and got nothing, ended up just calling them. I withdrew because they were fairly insulting on the phone and even with a few T50 acceptances under my belt and decent money from T2 and T3's, they didn't give me a dime. I wanted to live in NOLA but it is what it is. Should have applied to Tulane, I guess.


That's annoying. What do you mean by insulting? And I applied to Tulane, but still haven't gotten a response, though I doubt I will get in.


I haven't heard back from Tulane either, but I applied when they extended their deadline so I don't expect too much.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby dey206 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:55 am

sooooo

Who the Hell is going to Loyola in the fall?? I dont see a thread started in the other section and thought by now Id know somebody...I will post a new thread in the class of 2014 section lets see who comes...

awsiler
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby awsiler » Fri May 20, 2011 9:09 am

I am going! If I can find a house that is!!!!

sonorabay
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby sonorabay » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:29 am

Has anyone visited campus?

ninjasinblack
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 am

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby ninjasinblack » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 pm

I am inbetween Loyola Nola and Richmond right now. Completely on the fence and everyday I lean one way or another.

Emu
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby Emu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:31 pm

summer conditional program - I just got in via this program - for future readers of this post, it was three weeks, three tests, three grades - and you need a B or better in all three. mini-session courses in contracts, torts and 4th amendment. they say approx 10-12% of the 50-60 participants make it through; it's pretty steep, but if you really work and can write you can get through it. if you really want it, do it, but don't fly to new orleans, live in the dorms, and then go out drinking every night because it's just too much material in too short a period of time if you're phoning it in, no matter how smart you are. if you really like the bars that much then get in first and you can drink your face off for three years instead of three weeks.

gboyle138
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby gboyle138 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I just moved down to New Orleans a couple days ago. Anybody else new to the city wanting to explore? Or willing to show romeone around if you're not new?

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby dey206 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

I will be in the evening division, pm me if anyone has any questions.

kelday
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby kelday » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am

received denial on lsac site last week. obnoxious letter today inviting me to summer conditional program. curious because they did not take note of my resume or ma with a 3.6 and mba with honors work, nor resume. i think with a 49% admission rate and 67% bar passage rate, they are the ones who should work on their stats. sad for 2 seconds. wait listed at a few tier 1's and in some tier 2's. sad that loyola was a top pick because of their programs even though they were a tier 3, but even sadder that they seem to not read their applications and worse yet, seem to be more interested in bilking students out of more money for conditional acceptances through their sketchy summer program. i will hedge my bets on getting into one of my tier 1's with a 98% bar pass rate. i'd think twice about loyola.

User avatar
Aberzombie1892
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Loyola - New Orleans

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Well all of the Louisiana schools have lower pass rates than non-Louisiana schools. However, Loyola is generally right at the state-wide pass rate.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”