Queens (CUNY) Law School Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scrowell

Re: Queens (CUNY) Law School Class of 2014

Postby scrowell » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm

overunderachiever wrote:Write a strong PS and you're good.

Yup.
overunderachiever wrote:
scrowell wrote:Too many stoners dude

EDIT: There are some hot chicks though.

This guy is right.

Yup again. Seriously man (or woman) come to CUNY, it's good stuff. Profs are great and most people are cool. LSATtom and overunderachiever definitely are, I'll introduce you to them if you come to visit. Have you done that btw? You can get a tour with current CUNY Law students, it should def give you some good insight.

Edit: I see that you're a female. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm immature.

LSATtom

Postby LSATtom » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Kess wrote:Well I go to a CUNY now, so I can imagine the environment. I can see it happening for me. The other schools I'm looking at are Cardozo and Brooklyn, but I am underqualified. (155/4.0)

155 will get you into CUNY. They don't seem to give a rats ass about GPA. They care the most about your personal statement - make sure it follows their guideline to a "T" and also make sure its compelling and focuses on public interest....show them that you're all about fighting the power and you should be good.

Yah Cardozo is good and all, but who wants to shell out $45K a year when you can get the same education at CUNY?

Kess

Postby Kess » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 pm

scrowell wrote:
Yup again. Seriously man (or woman) come to CUNY, it's good stuff. Profs are great and most people are cool. LSATtom and overunderachiever definitely are, I'll introduce you to them if you come to visit. Have you done that btw? You can get a tour with current CUNY Law students, it should def give you some good insight.

Edit: I see that you're a female. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm immature.

I went there a few years ago when an acquaintance of mine was a student there. I'll do these visits after my semester is over. How certain is the move for next year?

LSATtom wrote:155 will get you into CUNY. They don't seem to give a rats ass about GPA. They care the most about your personal statement - make sure it follows their guideline to a "T" and also make sure its compelling and focuses on public interest....show them that you're all about fighting the power and you should be good.

Thanks, I'll definitely follow it.

accuratesite2020

Postby accuratesite2020 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Do they offer Part-Time? Thanks.

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

accuratesite2020 wrote:Do they offer Part-Time? Thanks.

Not yet, but they plan on starting a part-time program within the next few years.

kmokeefe

Postby kmokeefe » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 am

Does anyone know much about the Graduate Fellowship Program at CUNY? Like how they select candidates, when one would hear about something like that, etc.

I feel like my odds of getting something like that are slim to none but the thought of it is still nice.

doceydoe

Postby doceydoe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 am

scrowell wrote:
accuratesite2020 wrote:Do they offer Part-Time? Thanks.

Not yet, but they plan on starting a part-time program within the next few years.

i've heard this too....i wish they would give an approximate date....

wg1024

Postby wg1024 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:46 am

Hey guys I just have a question. I am a junior at qc trying to raise my gpa to 3.0 this semester and thinking of taking a lsat prep class. I am truly interested in cuny law and only cuny law. I have a deep passion to help those who are incapable of helping themselves and have no desire to practice biglaw. If i raise my gpa and do well on lsat could I be accepted to cuny, I currently volunteer at northeast queens senior service program and auxiliary police, and I plan to focus my personal statement on public interest.

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:51 am

wg1024 wrote:Hey guys I just have a question. I am a junior at qc trying to raise my gpa to 3.0 this semester and thinking of taking a lsat prep class. I am truly interested in cuny law and only cuny law. I have a deep passion to help those who are incapable of helping themselves and have no desire to practice biglaw. If i raise my gpa and do well on lsat could I be accepted to cuny, I currently volunteer at northeast queens senior service program and auxiliary police, and I plan to focus my personal statement on public interest.

Definitely. If you get a solid LSAT score (shoot as high as you can obviously, but if you get 155+ you should be good) and write your personal statement on public interest/service, then you should have a really good shot.

overunderachiever

Postby overunderachiever » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 pm

^ This dude goes to QC's library all the time to bag undergrad chicks, brah

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:30 pm

overunderachiever wrote:^ This dude goes to QC's library all the time to bag undergrad chicks, brah

Yeahh brah, good thing karina doesn't check this site. Me, you, and franklin are gonna blaze and go to t-bell later right??

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:38 pm

can you blame him? QC chicks are incredibly hot (at least comparing to all the CUNY UG schools).

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 pm

So I'm curious. How do all of you CUNY 1Ls like it so far? CUNY's a reach for my LSAT (my GPA makes up for it), but everything I've read about it and everyone I've talked to has yielded nothing but positive things. I'm going to visit soon, so hopefully I'll get a fuller picture.

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Everyone reveal their true identity. NOW!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”