In without applying?!? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
St.Remy

Silver

Re: In without applying?!?

Post by St.Remy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
Spack wrote:Uh...this is not possible. At all. If someone called then they obviously thought it would be funny to troll your boyfriend.
it is possible actually,
I had a friend get in to pepperdine this way and she went.
I've heard this happening for undergrad, but never for reputable law school. Just to clarify you're saying that your friend got into Pepperdine Law without applying?

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:21 pm

kmap wrote:My ex just got got a call from a top-30 school offering him acceptance and scholarship money. The problem is he didn't actually apply. Anybody hear of this happening?!?
The reasoning in the statement is flawed because the argument ignores the fact that
jim wrote:Your ex lies to you.

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:28 pm

St.Remy wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
Spack wrote:Uh...this is not possible. At all. If someone called then they obviously thought it would be funny to troll your boyfriend.
it is possible actually,
I've heard this happening for undergrad, but never for reputable law school. Just to clarify you're saying that your friend got into Pepperdine Law without applying?
Is this a lie?

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I just want to chime in and say that keeping in touch with exes is a good thing. Nothing better than an ex with benefits...no drama, no discussions, just pure physical attraction.

St.Remy

Silver

Post by St.Remy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:44 pm

thegor1987 wrote:
St.Remy wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
it is possible actually,
Is this a lie?
I'm not exactly sure what "this" is referring to. The undergrad thing isn't a lie, though please note that I didn't mean to suggest that Pepperdine does this for undergrad- I have no idea. There are a few rare people who get acceptances to undergrad institutions without submitting an application, but these are usually for unique circumstances. Whether the law school thing is a lie though, I have no idea. Which is why I asked for clarification.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jdhakert

New

Post by jdhakert » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Is it the University of Indiana..... Indianapolis?

jim

New

Post by jim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Could be Cooley, they call themselves top whatever

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 pm

jdhakert wrote:Is it the University of Indiana..... Indianapolis?
+1 I got a (really awkward) phone call from them today making sure that I got their fee waiver and to tell me that I was a good candidate for a full scholarship. Maybe they thought this was an acceptance?

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:I just want to chime in and say that keeping in touch with exes is a good thing. Nothing better than an ex with benefits...no drama, no discussions, just pure physical attraction.
There really are few people you can bang and not feel the least bit hesitant walking out the door withing 2 min after finishing. I question the no drama part... just no drama that you care about lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kmap

New

Post by kmap » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:15 am

almostfamous wrote:
jdhakert wrote:Is it the University of Indiana..... Indianapolis?
+1 I got a (really awkward) phone call from them today making sure that I got their fee waiver and to tell me that I was a good candidate for a full scholarship. Maybe they thought this was an acceptance?
It was IUB ... maybe he just misunderstood the call, as they only left him a message. Still very weird. And also, I know this isn't TOTALLY unprecedented (I got into BU undergrad without finishing my application) but I would think they'd be a little more careful with law school admissions.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 am

I believe that it is possible as I know of several similiar instances with respect to some highly selective colleges/universities & elite prep schools. If law school admissions are based primarily on LSAT score & GPA, then this is quite plausible. I know of one case in which a conditional law school acceptance was granted over the telephone without an application ever being filed.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 pm

ogman05 wrote:I had a T4 school spam me like this before with a full scholly during my app cycle. Never applied or intended to. They wouldn't stop even after request. Had to eventually send a very straight forward email stating already attending another school. So it is possible.. just unlikely from a T30.

Can I take a stab at the school and say Regent Law?

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

This is the most outlandish unsolicited E-mail I ever got.

Dear Prospective Student,

I am writing to remind you that the deadline to apply for the Chicago-Kent Honors Scholars Program is this Monday, January 25, 2010. Based on a preliminary review of your credentials, as provided by LSAC, you could be a strong candidate for the program and I hope that you will consider applying.

At Chicago-Kent, we take pride in the unique talents and interests of our students. We take your professional education personally, providing academic programs and support to assist you in reaching your personal career goals. Our innovative mix of rigorous theoretical courses with skills training prepares students for the intellectual and pragmatic challenges of the practice of law.

Through the Honors Scholars Program, Chicago-Kent attracts extraordinarily talented and motivated students with the potential to influence the profession’s direction. Chicago-Kent Honors Scholars receive annual awards of full tuition plus a $10,000 per year living expense stipend for a total award of more than $130,000 over a three-year period. In addition, Honors Scholars benefit from close collaboration with the dean and faculty throughout the three years of law school. Chicago-Kent Honors Scholars graduate with incomparable experience and influential contacts in the legal world—crucial capital for students seeking to influence the shape and substance of the law.

For additional information about the program and the application process, please visit our Web site. The application deadline is Monday, January 25, 2010. There is no application fee. Finalists for the Honors Scholars Program – selected on the basis of academic performance, leadership qualities, and co-curricular activities – will be invited to attend an interview weekend at the law school from Friday, March 5, through Sunday, March 7, 2010. Chicago-Kent will provide transportation to Chicago as well as downtown accommodations.

To learn more about life at Chicago-Kent, please visit our Web site at http://www.kentlaw.edu/jd. You may also visit the Honors Scholars Program Web site at http://www.kentlaw.edu/honorsscholars to learn more about current Honors Scholars and alumni. If you have any questions, please call the Office of Admissions at (312) 906-5020 or contact us by e-mail at admit@kentlaw.edu.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Nicole Vilches
Assistant Dean for Admissions
Chicago-Kent College of Law
Illinois Institute of Technology

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:11 am

I've got a better one:

Subject: Looking for "LinzerTorte"

We're still keeping an eye out for your application to Regent University School of Law.

In fact, we are so interested in receiving your application that we have made it simple for you to apply. When you submit your online LSAC application or add Regent Law to your list of schools, you will automatically qualify for these benefits:

* Priority consideration for scholarships.
* A fast admission decision.
* An application fee waiver worth $50.

"LinzerTorte", get started here. You and Regent Law may have much to offer each other!

Stop being a creeper, Regent!

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 am

LinzerTorte wrote:I've got a better one:

We're still keeping an eye out for your application to Regent University School of Law.

In fact, we are so interested in receiving your application that we have made it simple for you to apply. When you submit your online LSAC application or add Regent Law to your list of schools, you will automatically qualify for these benefits:

"LinzerTorte", get started here. You and Regent Law may have much to offer each other!

:lol: I got this same shifty e-mail, Linzer! It seriously creeped me out because they also sent me a "Happy Holidays" e-mail a couple weeks back.

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:15 am

I just picture someone in the admissions office humming "Every Breath You Take" while they write that e-mail.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:04 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:I just picture someone in the admissions office humming "Every Breath You Take" while they write that e-mail.

:lol: Sadly, I don't have any trouble picturing that.

The worst part was the title of the e-mal, "Looking for [my name]," which was immediately followed by, "We're still keeping an eye out for your application to Regent University School of Law."

Do they just scare people into applying?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jackattack17

Bronze

Post by jackattack17 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:29 pm

yep, i've gotten that one too, it's pretty creepy. i feel like i'm in trouble or something just based on the subject line.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:39 pm

sanjola wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:I've got a better one:

:lol: I got this same shifty e-mail, Linzer! It seriously creeped me out because they also sent me a "Happy Holidays" e-mail a couple weeks back.
I got the same one! I also CONSTANTLY get emails from them. And letters. And other mailings. Them and Candy over at Phoenix asking why I haven't responded to her latest offer, lol.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:42 pm

sanjola wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:I just picture someone in the admissions office humming "Every Breath You Take" while they write that e-mail.

:lol: Sadly, I don't have any trouble picturing that.

The worst part was the title of the e-mal, "Looking for [my name]," which was immediately followed by, "We're still keeping an eye out for your application to Regent University School of Law."

Do they just scare people into applying?
literally loled . . .

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:06 am

It was particularly funny to me when I got those emails based on the December '07 test (when I took the LSAT for the first time). I wanted to write an email that went something like, "Uh, guys? I haven't even registered for the Credential Assembly Service. I'm not applying to law school. I'm an LSAT teacher."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 am

BrownBears09 wrote:--ImageRemoved--
Finally

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 am

Its funny because the ex is just saying this to try to look like he is doing well to his ex, and she totally found out he is a liar, and if he had to lie about it, he probably isnt getting in anywhere good lol.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah...I actually go to school with the OP and know her personally.

She ain't trollin...at least not intentionally.

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:39 am

my sister was admitted to and is now attending dartmouth for her undergrad and she never applied. it is possible. even though law school has higher standards than undergrad schools - at the end of the day it's the same market.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”