In at Berkeley!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cmaas

Re: In at Berkeley!

Postby cmaas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:31 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Is anyone going to the bar review Thursday night?

I think I'm going to go....

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 pm

cmaas wrote:

I think so as well, but I'm not sure how long I'll stay. I'm guessing this is just a bunch of law students sitting around socializing, right?

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
cmaas wrote:

I think so as well, but I'm not sure how long I'll stay. I'm guessing this is just a bunch of law students sitting around socializing, right?

pretty much. Maybe us admitted students can go sit in the corner :D

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Where is it?

Jupiter, baby. Great pizza and handcrafted brews.

What time? I am all about socializing.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Where is it?

Jupiter, baby. Great pizza and handcrafted brews.

What time? I am all about socializing.

Website says 9pm.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:53 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Website says 9pm.

Cool. So how are we going to know who's who?

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Website says 9pm.

Cool. So how are we going to know who's who?

I'll be the one with beer in hand :mrgreen: . JK, but I actually haven't thought about whether to out myself or not. I haven't said anything on these boards that I wouldn't be happy to say in person (I think), but I'm still not sure if there is a benefit to remaining anonymous. Thoughts?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Well look for me then. I am one of the 2 admins on the facebook group. See if you can figure it out. :mrgreen: If you are on the FB group.

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:10 pm

r6_philly wrote:Well look for me then. I am one of the 2 admins on the facebook group. See if you can figure it out. :mrgreen: If you are on the FB group.

I'll join the FB group. Can you post the link?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:12 pm

cmaas wrote:I'll join the FB group. Can you post the link?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 15635&ap=1

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cmaas wrote:I'll join the FB group. Can you post the link?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 15635&ap=1

Well, joining the group might be somewhat of a misnomer. I'm not totally committed to Cal yet...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm

cmaas wrote:Well, joining the group might be somewhat of a misnomer. I'm not totally committed to Cal yet...

It's unofficial. I am in like 5 of them.

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 pm

so, are the two things to choose for Thursday night the diversity thingy and the bar review?

re-applicant

Postby re-applicant » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Did Berkeley send out a more detailed schedule than one on the Admitted Students website? I only RSVPed for the ASW yesterday.

Also, I'll most likely see you guys at Jupiter

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:20 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:so, are the two things to choose for Thursday night the diversity thingy and the bar review?

The diversity thing stops at 8. Bar review starts at 9. I will go to both. There is a newer schedule on the website, although I am not sure how new.

Now I have to figure out where to park for Thur. and Friday. Any suggestions?

aesis

Postby aesis » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm

See you all at both as well. :)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Feel free to introduce yourself to me, with or without your TLS username. I prefer with, but it doesn't matter :)

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Just an FYI, a lot of us don't show up to bar review until 10:00-ish. But maybe it will be closer to the actual time due to admit weekend. Not sure.

re-applicant

Postby re-applicant » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:so, are the two things to choose for Thursday night the diversity thingy and the bar review?

The diversity thing stops at 8. Bar review starts at 9. I will go to both. There is a newer schedule on the website, although I am not sure how new.

Now I have to figure out where to park for Thur. and Friday. Any suggestions?

There's garages in the area, a parking lot between Haas and Boalt (though I'm not sure what the rules are there), and street parking that requires you to move every 2 hours. Assuming you don't want to pay for parking, you can park at the North Berkeley or Ashby BART stations (both one stop from Downtown Berkeley), and then take BART to campus.

Also, did you receive an email about the diversity event? I'm a diverse admit, and I wonder if it'd be cool if I just show up.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm

re-applicant wrote:There's garages in the area, a parking lot between Haas and Boalt (though I'm not sure what the rules are there), and street parking that requires you to move every 2 hours. Assuming you don't want to pay for parking, you can park at the North Berkeley or Ashby BART stations (both one stop from Downtown Berkeley), and then take BART to campus.

Also, did you receive an email about the diversity event? I'm a diverse admit, and I wonder if it'd be cool if I just show up.

Thanks! I will find a garage, I hope it's not more than $20 a day. I did the move the car every 2 hours deal in Jan but it was easy because school wasn't in yet, probably hard now.

I got an email from the Asian orgs, but I am pretty sure you can just show up. (even if you are not diverse)

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
re-applicant wrote:There's garages in the area, a parking lot between Haas and Boalt (though I'm not sure what the rules are there), and street parking that requires you to move every 2 hours. Assuming you don't want to pay for parking, you can park at the North Berkeley or Ashby BART stations (both one stop from Downtown Berkeley), and then take BART to campus.

Thanks! I will find a garage, I hope it's not more than $20 a day. I did the move the car every 2 hours deal in Jan but it was easy because school wasn't in yet, probably hard now.

I got an email from the Asian orgs, but I am pretty sure you can just show up. (even if you are not diverse)

Just an FYI--if you park in a garage up by Haas and Boalt, Jupiter is a good walk (from Jupiter to the law school is slightly uphill). This might not mater all days, but if you're planning on staying late for Bar Review, then you could find yourself walking a couple miles (distance not certain) uphill at night. Just thought I would throw that out there.

bilbobaggins

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Just an FYI--if you park in a garage up by Haas and Boalt, Jupiter is a good walk (from Jupiter to the law school is slightly uphill). This might not mater all days, but if you're planning on staying late for Bar Review, then you could find yourself walking a couple miles (distance not certain) uphill at night. Just thought I would throw that out there.

You could find yourself walking less than a mile slightly uphill right next to campus at night. Take from that what you will.

Most people will likely not be there until 10+ and attendance might not be great due to the proximity to finals and 1L woa shit.

Edit: No idea where the "haas garage" is so I supposed it could be around a mile.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
You could find yourself walking less than a mile slightly uphill right next to campus at night. Take from that what you will.

Most people will likely not be there until 10+ and attendance might not be great due to the proximity to finals and 1L woa shit.

Edit: No idea where the "haas garage" is so I supposed it could be around a mile.

Yea, I don't want to make it sound worse than it is. Just something to think about for those driving in and unfamiliar with the area.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Yea, I don't want to make it sound worse than it is. Just something to think about for those driving in and unfamiliar with the area.

Is there parking around Jupiter? I don't mind trying to find spaces on street if there is street parking.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 pm

How late do the bar reviews normally run? My plane won't get in till like 1120, so will there still be people there past midnight?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”